U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 923,000 times
Reputation: 462

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Didn't you know wildberries? In Allah's paradise, viagra grows on special Viagra trees and the virgins automatically regrow their hymens after each use. It's the deluxe package.

The not so lucky Paradise winners get 72 Helen Thomas's lying on unmade divans with "come hither" looks and are "one-use" events.
I was wondering how that went Viagra tree we all need one!! "one-use" is that the same as one night stand!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
634 posts, read 2,598,627 times
Reputation: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Didn't you know wildberries? In Allah's paradise, viagra grows on special Viagra trees and the virgins automatically regrow their hymens after each use. It's the deluxe package.

The not so lucky Paradise winners get 72 Helen Thomas's lying on unmade divans with "come hither" looks and are "one-use" events.
This sort of post from you doesn't surprise me. Not a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2007, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,814 posts, read 12,075,981 times
Reputation: 2000001303
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
This sort of post from you doesn't surprise me. Not a bit.
Are you moping because you got a premonition and you got the Helen Thomases?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 AM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,322,153 times
Reputation: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Are you aware then of the differences in the arguments we have. My claims and supporting statements, which you prefer to ignore, is that Muslims consider Allah (God) of the Quran to be the same God that is referenced in the bible. However they consider Jews and Christians as distorting the message of God, a part of that message is the concept of God and the role of Jesus.

Do you agree with that above statement? Yes or no? Please, no verbose replies. Either you agree or disagree.

Your argument is that from a Christian perspective, they are not the same God. An entirely different argument as I’m not arguing from a Christian perspective to tell them what to believe. I’m not asking Christians to accept Allah (God) as the same God as the one they believe in the bible, but that from a Muslim’s perspective they are the same, but different set of beliefs based on the message.
The official Catholic Church stance (from the Pope) is that Catholics and Muslems both worship the same God.

According to the Catechism, “together with us (Catholics) they (Muslims) adore the one, merciful God.” Pope John Paul II repeats this statement even more clearly. Addressing Muslim youths, the Pope said: “We believe in the same God, the one and only God, the living God, the God who creates worlds and brings creatures to their perfection” (What Dialogue Means for Catholics and Muslims, US Conference of Catholic Bishops, http://www.usccb.org/seia/brunett.htm) (broken link).



Most Christians (over 50%) are Catholic so I would consider Catholicism to be the mainstream Christian religion.

Obviously ALL Christians don't believe this or everyone wouldn't be arguing in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 AM
 
Location: The Bronx
1,587 posts, read 1,264,802 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Are you moping because you got a premonition and you got the Helen Thomases?
Hey, leave Helen alone.

Thank you, Mr. President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,814 posts, read 12,075,981 times
Reputation: 2000001303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Hey, leave Helen alone.

Thank you, Mr. President.
Yeah...I've been a bit harsh with the poor lady... you're right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 923,000 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Because that is how you choose to interpret the message. Just like when you take a verse from the bible and choose to interpret it literally or metaphorically.
I didn't interpert anything I have heard there leaders and seen their leaders on T.V. saying it with their own mouths!! I have not read the Quran but, the radicals are scary and were did they get the idea for suicides and killing their children? They say Allah tells them this!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 09:10 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 923,000 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
This posting is refreshing from you. Yes, I can absolutely agree that most or a majority of Muslims believe that their god is the God of the Bible. I've never claimed that that isn't the case from a Muslim perspective. It would be interesting however to research further and see if there is dissenting opinion within the Islamic faith.
It's interesting that the Catholic church through Vatican II also claims that Muslims and "Christians" worship the same god.
Obviously... I'm not a Catholic! And I think many Catholics aren't even aware of the debate or even this reality within Catholic theology. The new Pope is apparently trying to get that rooted out, just like he's downplaying the concept of limbo/purgatory and the forgiveness of sin after death that was introduced by the Church in the Middle Ages....I doubt he'll succeed.
In any event, Yep, it seems most or a majority of Muslims believe that Allah is the same god as Jehovah.
Wonder if the Catholic church is doing this to appease the Muslims so, they are not offended. The Vatican needs to step forward on these issues and quit trying to appease the radicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,322,153 times
Reputation: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Wonder if the Catholic church is doing this to appease the Muslims so, they are not offended. The Vatican needs to step forward on these issues and quit trying to appease the radicals.
Most Muslims aren't radical, not anymore than most Christians are. It's the Fundamentalists within both groups that cause most of the religious problems.

Have you ever read anything on the "Christian Identity" movement?

By the way, the Catholic Church never does anything to "appease" people. Look at some of their positions and how many years can go by WITHOUT them changing anything. (Birth control, condom use w/AIDS, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Orange County
354 posts, read 775,473 times
Reputation: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I have not read the Quran but,
Alas the truth rises to the surface. This would explain your extremely misguided viewpoints pertaining to the Quran, Muslims, and Islam in general. Perhaps you should have mentioned this bit of information in your first post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top