U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:29 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
True

And I woke up to the conclusion the Qur'an really is the word of Allaah(swt) and not composed by Muhammad or any other man.

A conclusion you are entitled to, but factual evidence points a different way altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
A conclusion you are entitled to, but factual evidence points a different way altogether.
Try to construct a sentence, that is not in the Qur'an, using Qur'anic Arabic.

So far no one has been able to.

To me that indicates the Qur'an and Qur'anic Arabic did not come from human thought

Just my view and part of what I see as factual evidence

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-14-2014, 05:11 PM

To me it indicates it came from some poorly educated people. which seems to be the case when reading it.

It was also assembled by compilers, not authors, arranging it from longest sura to shortest.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
To me it indicates it came from some poorly educated people. which seems to be the case when reading it.

It was also assembled by compilers, not authors, arranging it from longest sura to shortest.
Actually it is arraigned into 30 Juz each of about the same length. If properly recited each Juz takes about an hour to recite.

The arraingment allows to read the full Qur'an by reading one hour per day. It is also an easy way to learn to memorize it as each Juz carries a arithmetic, repetitive pattern. Learning a Juz is very similar to learning a song with multiple stanzas but a continuous, repetitive rhythm

While Juz 30 contains mostly short Surat, it also has about 85% of the vocabulary words used throughout the Qur'an in an easy form to learn as each unique word is used in short easily understood concepts. A beginner starting to study the Qur'an is urged to begin with Juz 30.

For reading the Qur'an for meaning, one needs to treat each Surat as a separate lesson (book) and with no importance of the order.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:48 PM

While you are offering what you feel is a rational explanation, it is another indication it came from man.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
While you are offering what you feel is a rational explanation, it is another indication it came from man.
I find it quite remarkable that could be done with a manuscript containg over 70,000 words.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:08 PM

Not me, the words make little sense, favoring the sound.

Arabs were known for their poets.

Muhammed even killed a few.

UMAYR B. `ADIYY'S JOURNEY TO KILL `ASMA' D. MARWAN She was of B. Umayyya b. Zayd. When Abu `Afak had been killed she displayed disaffection. `Abdullah b. al-Harith b. Al-Fudayl from his father said that she was married to a man of B. Khatma called Yazid b. Zayd. Blaming Islam and its followers she said:
  • I despise B. Malik and al-Nabit
    and `Auf and B. al-Khazraj.
    You obey a stranger who is none of yours,
    One not of Murad or Madhhij. {1}
    Do you expect good from him after the killing of your chiefs
    Like a hungry man waiting for a cook's broth?
    Is there no man of pride who would attack him by surprise
    And cut off the hopes of those who expect aught from him?
Hassan b. Thabit answered her:
  • Banu Wa'il and B. Waqif and Khatma
    Are inferior to B. al-Khazrahj.
    When she called for folly woe to her in her weeping,
    For death is coming.
    She stirred up a man of glorious origin,
    Noble in his going out and in his coming in.
    Before midnight he dyed her in her blood
    And incurred no guilt thereby.
When the apostle heard what she had said he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" `Umayr b. `Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he [Muhammad] said, "You have helped God and His apostle, O `Umayr!" When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, "Two goats won't butt their heads about her", so `Umayr went back to his people.
Now there was a great commotion among B. Khatma that day about the affair of bint [daughter of] Marwan. She had five sons, and when `Umayr went to them from the apostle he said, "I have killed bint Marwan, O sons of Khatma. Withstand me if you can; don't keep me waiting." That was the first day Islam became powerful among B. Khatma; before that those who were Muslims concealed the fact. The first of them to accept Islam was `Umayr b. `Adiy who was called the "Reader", and `Abdullah b. Aus and Khuzayma b. Thabit. The day after Bint Marwan was killed the men of B. Khatma became Muslims because they saw the power of Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or