U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 PM

113 posts, read 217,466 times

Advertisements

Is he ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,279,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrogers22 View Post
Is he ?
Huh?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,994,310 times
Quote:
Is he ?
Where did you get that? Can you cite a reliable source?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,994,310 times
Quote:
Read the story attached
or just do a search Islam worship Obama and you can get all the information you need , Islam believes that Obama is there second coming.
Farrakhan on Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking'
-- the subtext of your post may be the Obama is a muslim - I think if this is the case, you should be talking about this in the Politics section. Why choose the Atheist's forum?
-- Farrakhan does not represent all muslims - in fact, a very few (I am told). This is the same reason I do not take a child's sexual abuse by a Christian priest and extrapolate it to cover all Chrisitanity.

Last edited by calmdude; 10-18-2008 at 08:30 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 09:59 AM

2,008 posts, read 2,980,247 times
Quote:
Is he ?
I would imagine that the entire middle east thinks that any president that isn't on some right wing power trip is the messiah.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 PM

11,194 posts, read 11,008,541 times
Farrakhan is part of an organization called "The Nation of Islam" which in no practical manner speaks for all the Islamic nations in the world.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:27 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,027,288 times
What constitutes Islam in the OP's mind ?

To me Islam is a religion preached by Muhammad in 1400 years ago or so and written down in the Qu'ran . As far as I know having read it Obama is not mentioned in the Qu'ran but heck I may be wrong....

There is enough debate about what Muhammad truly meant as the prophet for Allah amongst Islamic scholars ( just as there is for the Bible or any other"sacred" texts for that matter) so I would amazed if "Islam" could come up with a consensus on anything anyway....

Religion being one of the most divisive thing in the world, it seems rather churlish and childish to try and score cheap political points by picking and choosing what turns out to be conveniently damaging to some presidential candidate simply because some tiny insignificant group may or may not have have said something....

I would be extremely surprised if Qu'ranic Scholars around the world believed Obama to be the "messiah". More than surprised in fact. Astonished.

Mind you I suppose if one is supposed to accept any deity as a reality then I don't see what would be odder about Obama, George Clooney , or my next door neighbour being the "Messiah" either.

Just about as likely in my opinion ! If we are supposed to blindly accept Shiva, God, Yaweh, Allah as supreme beings and "reconginsed" prophets as harbingers of spiritual enlightenment then why not ? As I recognise no supreme beings, prophets etc... I suppose Obama as a "Messiah" would be just another kooky idea to me, dreamt up by people with too much imagination ( if they truly believed that) or simply as political manipulation of the most obvious and transparent form... either way it is risible.

The dissemination of "facts" such as these is just plain dangerous and these kind of silly assertions are nothing but a form of propaganda.

What worries me is that there will be plenty of people more than ready and willing to believe that "Islam" the dreaded opponent of democracy and liberty ( not my sentiments by the way but looking at this forum I have seen those views espoused over and over again) is on the side of Obama and as such Obama is also public enemy no 1 of America and must be ousted by all means possible , and once again reason, fact and logic will go out of the window...

Islam is not the enemy and try to manipulate the current situation for political ends is just sad and a bit pathetic.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:11 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,056,039 times
In a word, no.

It is an exceedingly stupid assertion since Obama is not and never has been Muslim. The Muslim world is quite jealous of their members and do not deify non Muslims.

But as Moose, said, this is just a piece of political propaganda inserted into an inappropriate forum area.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,050,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Where did you get that? Can you cite a reliable source?
Calm Dude asked a reasonable question...... Well.... I suppose that there are often times those who take the lunatic fringe seriously. Suspect Farrakhan ranks somewhere below my aunt Sophies' hairdressers' cousin, who has a best friend with an autistic Uncle, who knows a barber, whose son went to school with this girl, whose cousin says that this faith healer down the street who foretold about this family in Toledo, etc, etc, etc ........... YEAH RIGHT!

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 10-20-2008 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 PM

217 posts, read 611,878 times
farakahn's not even a real muslim...islam is a universal brotherhood, for all races...they just started accepting whites in the n.o.i. this year....thats not islamic at all...al islam is the only way of life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or