U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,481,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Stop pointing fingers...Christianity has its share of stoning people to death.
So, are you implying that I agree with ANY religion that encourages barbarism in its adherents?

There are some instances in which philosophic objectivity is an extreme position.

There was an instance of a tourist from another mid-Eastern country, a teen boy, with his mother, visited Dubai as tourists.
The boy was raped by some men on a beach.
He reported it to police.
They prosecuted HIM as a homosexual. He was NOT.
His mother and much international publicity finally got him freed.
The idea is that their land is one of peace, without scandal and they would prefer that such victims just shut their mouths.

Why do you think so many of those countries insist that the women be chaperoned? The society is so repressed that they fear rape would be common otherwise.

Any person with a civil head would find such attitudes disgusting. I am surprised that you can just casually look the other way and chalk it up to cultural differences. That says a lot about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mideast has not changed much in 2000 years. cruel bloodthirsty. russians understand this french understand this so why are we trying to make friends and spread democracy in the mideast?
They have such potential.
There are people who say they are Muslim who just ignore the cruel aspects of the religion, much as do our present Christians and Jews.
There are people in such countries who really do want reform.

The world is getting smaller. We are becoming more mutually dependent. We face threats, such as a dying planet from global warming, that perhaps we can only tackle by working together.

Our economies are becoming, more and more, intertwined.

But, you are right, we often use the guise of 'spreading democracy' to cover our other more nefarious goals and we should not be doing that.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM

500 posts, read 636,263 times
This isn't news anymore, its the norm. I give it 5-10 years for this type of disgusting actions to be the norm in Britain.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM

500 posts, read 636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Stop pointing fingers...Christianity has its share of stoning people to death.
Sorry, but I don't live my life in HISTORY, I live life TODAY, I plan for the future and I learn from HISTORY so I wont repeat it in the future. Maybe you should try that

Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,322 times
that's the problem with your relegion
when we say christians kills innocents in Iraq , you they they didn't follow the teaching of christ

and when we say bible have it's share from violence and stonning , you say " i don't live my life in history " , isn't peacefull jesus in the same history ?

what is the relegion you follow christians , i'm confused

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
when we say christians kills innocents in Iraq , you they they didn't follow the teaching of christ

and when we say bible have it's share from violence and stonning , you say " i don't live my life in history " , isn't peacefull jesus in the same history ?

I don't know why you are confused. What our government does has nothing to do with any religious teachings. If you think we act as a Christian nation, you are wrong. Some people in the country would LIKE it that way, but it is not so. There are many sects of Christianity, and they do not all agree with each other. Some believe it is immoral to kill anyone.
Some are, in my opinion, bloodthirsty and mix up Christianity with politics.
This is a matter of individual opinion for citizens.

Most Americans believe that the laws and political actions of their country should not be interfered with by our religions.

We have some zealots who would like to make their religious morality the law of the land, but we still have the ideal of having multiple religions in the country and try to respect that. To represent ALL Americans, our government cannot change laws to only respect the teachings of ONE religion.

The actions of our government do not represent the wishes of a religion.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 AM

148 posts, read 263,574 times
the police stone some people by guns, yet the police is essentail to have peace.

Islam is the religion of peace and Islam does not joke with the wrong doers

If you want to do wrong, then be away from the public, for the public is exposed to the Light of The Most Noble.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,207,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

I didn't realize the U.S. Armed Forces had released the religious background of all the soldiers in Iraq. Can you post that link?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
the police stone some people by guns, yet the police is essentail to have peace.

Islam is the religion of peace and Islam does not joke with the wrong doers

If you want to do wrong, then be away from the public, for the public is exposed to the Light of The Most Noble.
Yes. Islam, by the standards of some, does not believe in extenuating circumstances or contributory factors. It is often only 'peaceful' to people who are willing to become robots of conformity, parrots.

If a woman has a rotten husband or children have mean spirited parents and these people may find solace in other relationships, they, the victims, are to be punished. Men who are ugly miserable tyrants are allowed to be so, they are considered good citizens, and their victims are punished.
Islam, in this context, certainly does joke with the wrongdoers. It often approves of some wrongdoers.

People who copulate in public more likely than not have mental problems. They might need therapy, but certainly not death.
Why death? Is Islam fearful that people will see the act and want to do the same thing? THat is beyond crazy or stupid.

Or, maybe Islam could provide more places for these people to go to so they would not want to do such things in public.

Islam, the way some people practice it, is a religion without thought or decent human feeling or compassion. Most people in the world consider that this is a bad, not a good, thing, and adds to the misery of life.

There are reasons for people who do bad behavior. A little research would turn up these reasons. Sometimes those reasons are the things that must be addressed and corrected and not merely punishing 'wrongdoers'.

But that could be complicated. It might require (shudder) actual thinking on the part of people. It is much easier just to hate, isn't it? Especially when the religion tells you that hating is good. You cannot stone a person to death without having hate in your heart. What a sick god some of these people worship when up is down and right is wrong and hatred is love.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM

148 posts, read 263,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. Islam, by the standards of some, does not believe in extenuating circumstances or contributory factors. It is often only 'peaceful' to people who are willing to become robots of conformity, parrots.

If a woman has a rotten husband or children have mean spirited parents and these people may find solace in other relationships, they, the victims, are to be punished.

Men who are ugly miserable tyrants are allowed to be so, they are considered good citizens, and their victims are punished.
Islam, in this context, certainly does joke with the wrongdoers. It often approves of some wrongdoers.

How can the police be wrongdoer when he apply the punishment against the wrongdoer?

People who copulate in public more likely than not have mental problems. They might need therapy, but certainly not death.

The headless are not punished in Islam, but those who become headless due to opposing the All Knowing, The All Mighty are to be punished.

Why death? Is Islam fearful that people will see the act and want to do the same thing? THat is beyond crazy or stupid.

Islam is the Light of The Holy that fires the dirty and honour the good.

Or, maybe Islam could provide more places for these people to go to so they would not want to do such things in public.
??????

Islam, the way some people practice it, is a religion without thought or decent human feeling or compassion. Most people in the world consider that this is a bad, not a good, thing, and adds to the misery of life.

There are reasons for people who do bad behavior. A little research would turn up these reasons. Sometimes those reasons are the things that must be addressed and corrected and not merely punishing 'wrongdoers'.

If the reason is worthy, then it will be considered in Islam but you don't know.
I bow down for The Most Noble One,
He is my Lord and the most beloved

He gave me a sight, a brain and a son
He gave me nobility to be my sword

His laws are Big, bigger than the sun
They are the stars in the upper baord

Glorified is God, the Lord of The Thron
Above what you say of evil words

If you have a piece of land, and you have surround it with electricity and high walls (rules), and you have put a warning for that, then can I blame you if someone transgressed your limits and ignored your warning and die due to those reasons?

The Holy Owns this Earth and put the Laws therein.

Transgessing the Limits and violating the laws is the barbaric, but I see you ill, cannot think well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or