Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,908,330 times

Advertisements

AFP: Woman stoned to death for adultery after Somali court ruling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,258,606 times
thank you for the post
just wanna to add something amazing i found in your article

Our sister Aisha asked the Islamic Sharia court in Kismayo to be charged and punished for the crime she committed,

" local Islamist leader Sheikh Hayakallah told the crowd.
"She admitted in front of the court to engaging in adulterous sexual intercourse," he added.
"She was asked several times to review her confession but she stressed that she wanted Sharia law and the deserved punishment to apply."

amazing !!!!!
she was asked several times to review her confession but she refused

in the last
"This afternoon we are telling the people of Kismayo that we are practising a punishment that is rare in this region and was carried out in Kismayo for the first time,"Sheikh Hayakallah said.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:07 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,042,657 times
I would just add that saying she admitted to and ask for that punishment is quite different from her admitting to and asking for that punishment.

Amazing.

This does nothing to help Islam. I would hope some Islamic religious leader would step up and condemn this.

This is 2008. We don't live in the ****ing middle ages. You don't stone people.. you might ask why we don't? Because stoning people is bat **** crazy.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I would just add that saying she admitted to and ask for that punishment is quite different from her admitting to and asking for that punishment.

Amazing.
seems to me that you suppose that he is a liar

well , for the sake of your assumptions , do you know that in shariah laws it can't execute the punishment without existence of at least 4 witnesses to the adulterous sexual intercourse?

where is the four witnesses ( against her) ? is there any mentions about them ?!!! i don't think so

so , there are 2 possibilities
1- there is no witnesses which means that she confesseed by her ownself

2- may be he lied and punished her without existence of 4 wintnesses , and it oppose the shariah laws and it oppose islam

Quote:
This is 2008. We don't live in the ****ing middle ages. You don't stone people.. you might ask why we don't? Because stoning people is bat **** crazy.
2008 !!!!!! what is the point
i hope you can decrease ratio of crimes by your laws then .
after your laws suceed in that , i will confess that your laws are better

Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

so , there are 2 possibilities
1- there is no witnesses which means that she confesseed by her ownself
Or was coerced to do so..

Quote:

2- may be he lied and punished her without existence of 4 wintnesses , and it oppose the shariah laws and it oppose islam
Or maybe he could have said "I appreciate you wanting to be stoned to death. Very noble of you. However, stoning people is stupid and barbaric. It makes us look bad to the rest of the world."

Quote:
2008 !!!!!! what is the point
i hope you can decrease ratio of crimes by your laws then .
after your laws suceed in that , i will confess that your laws are better
If you don't see the point then you are blinded by your own religion.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,316,491 times
To me this just reiterates the reason to keep religion and politics (government) in separate beds.

We couldn't imagine that happening here, but then again we have different laws, standards, culture...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
If you don't see the point then you are blinded by your own religion.
plz i don't want for our discussion to be hatred at all

anyway , stoning punishment have it's condition to be excuted
1- he or she commit adultery while he or she married
2- there must be 4 witness over this sexual intercourse ( which means that they commit it openly)

and i don't think that it can be happens easily
so if you married you can commit your sin without fearing of punishment by stoning as long as you dosn't influence the society with such practice , but if you commit this sin openly , so that 4 witness saw you directly , hence you deserve the punishment if they witnessed against you in the court

islamic laws seek to protect the society as all in the first place

Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM

307 posts, read 478,549 times
Quote:

2- there must be 4 witness over this sexual intercourse ( which means that they commit it openly)

so if you married you can commit your sin without fearing of punishment by stoning as long as you dosn't influence the society with such practice , but if you commit this sin openly , so that 4 witness saw you directly , hence you deserve the punishment if they witnessed against you in the court

It takes two to tango. Was the man she committed adultery with stoned to death?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,857,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
It takes two to tango. Was the man she committed adultery with stoned to death?
Or at the very least...were his stones removed?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:

so you think stoning is ok. you don't find it cruel and inhumane? there is no viable defense of this. I'm not being hateful. I'm simply telling you that trying to justify stoning hurts hurts the public perception of your religion.

again.. just my opinion.. if you want that to be what your religion stands for.. stone away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam