Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Okay here's something I don't understand, supposedly the woman confessed, yet according to your law there has to be 4 witnesses and if there are not 4 witnesses then the woman cannot be prosecuted for a crime even if she confesses because it is strictly hearsay, but even if it were true then these same four witnesses would have to be for the man, adultery takes two people, not one, so basically it sounds to me that a woman was put to death on hearsay.
i will give an answer which i hopefully clear this isuue

in islam , if you commit a sin between youself and your God , hence you dosn't deserve any punishment from the society

but if you commit any sin against society as theft or killing or raping for example so you desrve the punishment from society

in the matter of adultery , if you commit it with someone else secretly , so it considered as to be between you and God , if you did it secretly but carelessly so that one or two or three saw you , it will still without punishment

but if some one commit it , so that 4 witness saw him , it considers by islam to be sin against the society

by the way punishment of adultery not death , the death for just married people

so in this matter , not him nor her deserve the punishment even if it was proofed that they commit it , becuse they did that secretly
the woman her (if we supposed that the article say the truth ) confessed for the punishment as a great repent to her God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i will give an answer which i hopefully clear this isuue

in islam , if you commit a sin between youself and your God , hence you dosn't deserve any punishment from the society

but if you commit any sin against society as theft or killing or raping for example so you desrve the punishment from society

in the matter of adultery , if you commit it with someone else secretly , so it considered as to be between you and God , if you did it secretly but carelessly so that one or two or three saw you , it will still without punishment

but if some one commit it , so that 4 witness saw him , it considers by islam to be sin against the society

by the way punishment of adultery not death , the death for just married people

so in this matter , not him nor her deserve the punishment even if it was proofed that they commit it , becuse they did that secretly
the woman her (if we supposed that the article say the truth ) confessed for the punishment as a great repent to her God
Then the punishment should be between her and her God, not the people or society. So now all of those who stoned her to death are guilty of taking a life in the eyes of your God. What's the punishment for that?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
I wonder what sort of hate and anger could fill a person to make them want to stone someone to death in the first place? I cannot even fathom having that sort of anger...I mean to literally pick up rocks and hurl them at a woman. I know it is cultural and I've been trying to understand it as this thread has progressed...but it baffles me.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM

307 posts, read 479,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i know that this punishment is very tough , and very horrible
and i thank God that he put coditions for it which almost can't to be fulfiled

this punishment was very tough even to our prophet (pbuh) as well , but islam means submitter to commands of God , we can't abolish any of it

stonning death established by moses (pbuh) either , why no one condemned him either , jesus himself (pbuh) honoured the laws of old testament
if christians or jews didn't want to follow thier teaching ,dosn't let us abolish teaching of our relegion as them
the same barbaric existed in bible teaching , they don't follow it , i know
but it dosn't justify thier relegion as well
Yes, it is quite true. There was, unfortunately, an awful lot of stoning to death in the Old Testament. I still cannot reconcile myself to such a punishment.
The only excuse (or reason) I can come up with is that it took place three thousand years ago. They were 'people of their time'.
Islam has still to catch up.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Then the punishment should be between her and her God, not the people or society. So now all of those who stoned her to death are guilty of taking a life in the eyes of your God. What's the punishment for that?
unless she wanted that by her own self

Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I wonder what sort of hate and anger could fill a person to make them want to stone someone to death in the first place? I cannot even fathom having that sort of anger...I mean to literally pick up rocks and hurl them at a woman. I know it is cultural and I've been trying to understand it as this thread has progressed...but it baffles me.
i can't see it sort of hate and anger

you know what happens in phalstinians and Iraq and what happened in vitnam and Bousna and hate crimes commited by amirican soldieres against innocents or against presoners are sort of hate and anger

but excution of the law against guilties not sort of anger or hate , it's sort of strict may be

Old 10-30-2008, 03:02 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
News - East Africa: Stoned woman 'screamed for her life'

This doesn't sound like that woman went willingly and these are Islamic terrorists. I don't think there is any way anyone can condone the actions of these Islamic Extremists..

Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
News - East Africa: Stoned woman 'screamed for her life'

This doesn't sound like that woman went willingly and these are Islamic terrorists. I don't think there is any way anyone can condone the actions of these Islamic Extremists..
if she didn't went willingly , then i agree with you

Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I would just add that saying she admitted to and ask for that punishment is quite different from her admitting to and asking for that punishment.

Amazing.

This does nothing to help Islam. I would hope some Islamic religious leader would step up and condemn this.

This is 2008. We don't live in the ****ing middle ages. You don't stone people.. you might ask why we don't? Because stoning people is bat **** crazy.
but who are you to say anything. if they go by the way of life and follow their religion why criticize? just cause its taboo in our society does not mean its taboo in theirs

respect it... whether you agree or not..

Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:

we can say the same thing about our death penalty....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam