U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,374,980 times

Advertisements

Just the fact that the OP mentions Sept 11 2001 as the reason the west started "a crusade" against Islam should tell everyone the direction of her thinking. The fact that she NEVER mentioned that it was a cowardly attack against innocents says even more. I do believe that there is some mental illness [or at the least illogical thinking] involved with her because:
1-she could have just as easily put on some normal clothing in public if she was tired of being stared at. A burkha is totally unneeded.
2- If she could watch the events of Sept 11 2001 and still think that Islam has ANYTHING to do with peace, then she is out of her friggin mind anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,374,932 times
Default She's a plant I tell yah!

Just read in this morning's paper an op-ed about the continued intolerance in the Muslim religion, esp. in Saudi Arabia. They beheaded a guy for taking the Ko-Ran into the 'lou" with him. You know, where you can have a little un-interrupted quiet introspective reading time. And they also stoned to death a widow for becoming pregnant by her boyfriend long after her husband had died of some illness.

How spectacularly thoughtful and benevolent. Something to strive for, yes? No one on this thread is defending any of this type of thinking are they? Show yourselves...

It almost makes the Crusades a wholly righteous act, but given it was the equally egregious Xtians, I can't quite go there either. We Westerners are just more cryptic about our persecutions.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,622 times
Default from a muslim's perspective

misconception at its best!! (this in reference to the way way earlier posts in the first page)

what sara bokker did is amazing! that is no tent and you cant join niqab!! niqab is a peice of cloth not a group!!! and surprisingly wearing the abaya in the hottest country in the world is as hard as you think it is,infact no burn marks are left behind.......its quiet understandable where all this "lost her mind,left behind a bikini" talk comes from, the stereotypical world. a woman is NOT oppressed if she is covered,a woman is NOT a slave if she stays at home and looks after the kids and a woman is NOT weak or controlled if she opts to "wear" the niqab!!
all in all its liberation like no other!!!!
Atleast when we stand talking to a group containing men they look at our face,our eyes rather than the chest and imagine the most vulgar of things.......if you've noticed its become habitual to attack the muslim womens' attire when a religious debate arises.....
we can walk around feeling secure that no one is "checking us out" cuz we know where that leads to...sexual abuse so on and so forth ......quick question,where is all this happening in mostly?
if you would rather walk around in a skimpy outfit with stripper heels on,an overly done boob job,playboy book in hand and shauna sand as a role model.....thats your take, walk with your head held high! because trust me every guy you pass wants to nail you, do all sorts of thing to you and then be done with you!!! you next to a sex toy makes no difference!!
if anything at all what SARA BOKKER has earned from the muslim community is respect especially from the male population,when the pass her by or talk to her they are only absorbed in talk not in what i would do her or where i want to grope her!! its digusting...again no more than an object!
women aren't here to cater to men, women are free and liberal.they stand as equals in ISLAM.if you've read an ounce of the HOLY QURAN then would you know!
you attack ISLAM like you've known it like the back of your hand.....and please dont be lame by classifying all muslims as AL QAEDA or the TALIBAN.....i could very well diss you on how uneducated you are but im not going to do that.....i request you to do onething....guard your tongue and only fight over something you have full knowledge of
now you can post up rude and offensive comments..........oooh bite me. just think if what you are doing is just.and if you are a woman,please for the love of "GOD" who ever he may be to you,think of how you'd like to be treated! an object or a person with freewill and equal rights,since thats what islam promotes for women...islam itself is against women being treated as something below man.

Last edited by moorbinthi; 04-24-2009 at 04:15 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 04:27 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,730,245 times
So why did you bring this thread back to life?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:33 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,731,842 times
dunno.

good afternoon. high..?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:58 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,799,963 times
To the question at hand I would like to see her shed the bikini but just forget about the niqab.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 AM

10,736 posts, read 31,795,546 times
From how she talks of herself, it sounds like she was always easily led. I could care less what the current fashion is, it wouldn't dictate what I wear OR where I live yet this woman shouts it from the rooftops that it led her entire life.

She just went from one extreme to another.

What an odd, odd story.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 AM

857 posts, read 1,260,419 times
"I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others.

I bought a beautiful long gown and head cover resembling the Muslim woman's dress code and I walked down the same streets and neighborhoods

I was delighted with the new looks of wonder on people's faces
"

Shes still an attention *****. She just gets a lot more attention wearing the niqab instead of the bikini. Lets see how much she loves it if she moves somewhere with a high population of Muslims. Where everyone is wearing them, she wont stick out anymore and won't get any attention and be back to square one. 10 bucks says shed bring the bikini back

Old 04-25-2009, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,622 times
I didn't notice how old this thread was....I just noticed the rude comments left behind,,,which made me want to leave a comment of my own.

Here the thing, not every muslim is an arab, not every arab is a muslim, and not every arab OR muslim is a terrorist...........heck arab muslims only make a small amount of the muslim population.
Attacking the Prophet would be attcking jesus christ or the holy trinity or the pope.........its just not right...I dont understand why Jesus is called god and the son of god, or why the hindus have soo many gods representing so many different worldy things but im not going to hate on them or let alone trash then and insult every aspect of their religion god and all the things that mattered to them.its wrong and unfair.

you can only understand culture religion and boundaries when you live in a mixed society...we learn to embrace each other.not all of us want war or hate people of a different colour caste or culture.....and yet we seem disposable.

might be shocking to you but most muslims aren't on Osama bin ladin's side and many muslims were overjoyed when President Obama was elected........trust me excitment beyond words........not for the fact that he had a muslim middle name just for the fact that he could change the world....one suicide bomber and our whole race and generation is scrutinized...is it fair?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 AM

1,234 posts, read 2,469,505 times
Today I am still a feminist,but a Muslim feminist,who calls on Muslim women to assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands to be good Muslims. To raise their children as upright Muslims so they may be beacons of light for all humanity once again. To enjoin good--any good--and to forbid evil--any evil.To speak righteousness and to speak up against all ills.To fight for our right to wear Niqab or Hijab and to please our Creator whichever way we chose.But just as importantly to carry our experience with Niqab or Hijab to fellow women who may never have had the chance to understand what wearing Niqab or Hijab means to us and why do we, so dearly, embrace it.

That entire passage sounds like the opposite of feminism... I mean, "assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands"?!

Right.

Edit: Also, I don't mind muslims. I honestly don't. However, this story sounds pretty false to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or