U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,571,301 times

Advertisements

Islam seems to have a pattern of removing any person who claims that they have been raped.
By accusing the ones who report these crimes it is thought that they will not open their mouths and they can still market themselves as
THE RELIGION OF PEACE.
What a travesty is this blasphemy that pretends to be a religion.

Not that there are not good Muslims, I am sure, but where is the outcry of indignation about such cases?
Where are the good Muslims in a time such as this?
They can certainly post here, on the forum, anonymously.

In the name of just common human decency we are shocked at such activity, and that it can be done in the name of GOD, and then condoned by the majority, by their SILENCE??????

In this case it was a 13 year old girl, raped, and reported to authorities who decided on behalf of GOD that she be stoned.

What on God's earth is WRONG with Muslim MEN, that they should stand by why their fellow men rape women and children?

Indeed, we are told that Islam is not just a religion in the Western sense, but a way of life.
Not a way that a sane person would be attracted to.

I know of no other society on the face of the earth that condones rape, allowing the rapists to roam freely and killing the victim.

These people who believe that this is God's law HAVE to be pretending, they CANNOT believe in God. They are insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 AM

500 posts, read 638,314 times
That's the problem in Today's Islam. The good/moderate/educated Muslims are are not speaking out, while the crazy ones, and there are plenty of them around the world, are the ones running the show/religion.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
That's the problem in Today's Islam. The good/moderate/educated Muslims are are not speaking out, while the crazy ones, and there are plenty of them around the world, are the ones running the show/religion.
As often as I hear things like this, I never get used to it.
It always shocks me.
I don't understand how people can just sit by and allow this to go on.
Surely the moderate Muslims are safe to speak here.
What is wrong with them?
What if it were their daughter?

How are they rearing their sons?

I used to think that, in many of these countries, woman had to be chaperoned in public to keep an eye on the women.
Now I think it is to protect them from being raped by their fellow God fearing men.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM

What other religion would do this to a child?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,072,057 times
The same could be said about any religion. Chances are excellent that any time you hear about someone standing aside and not speaking up, they are a believer in some sort of deity. So if you're going to throw accusations about religious people not doing what they should, don't accuse just the Muslims.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/cri...y/1096970.html

http://www.benedictionblogson.com/20...ht-the-pearls/

Last edited by SuSuSushi; 11-17-2008 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Added links

Old 11-17-2008, 02:20 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,046,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

i challange you , to proof for me that islam relegion justifys that ?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM

276 posts, read 626,880 times
Quote:
Satanism taking on ritual sacrifice, some catholic priest also rape young boys, it happens a lot even though islam is exposed all over the media. i mean i am not a muslim but i respect their religion, and i do not support their belief, for instance i have never fasted for 30 days from morning to evening without food nor water. i can survive without food but not water i know because it isn't easy

Old 11-18-2008, 05:59 AM

348 posts, read 460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Satanism taking on ritual sacrifice, some catholic priest also rape young boys, it happens a lot even though islam is exposed all over the media. i mean i am not a muslim but i respect their religion, and i do not support their belief, for instance i have never fasted for 30 days from morning to evening without food nor water. i can survive without food but not water i know because it isn't easy
Some catholic priests may indeed rape young boys, which is sad enough, but I am yet to hear of that boy being stoned as a result...

At least, here in the West, such crimes against minors are rigourously punished when they come to light... that is the difference.

It beggars belief that any society, especially one that prides itself on its Godliness, could be so brutal. In a recent post on another forum I drew attention to the hanging in public of two teenaged boys in Iran - their crime? - someone reported them to the 'religious' police for committing a mild sex act together.

There are harrowing pictures on the net showing the last moments of these two sobbing 16 year old boys, and they should wrench the heart of any civilised, humane individual who sees them. It is even more terrible to reflect that this heinous atrocity was carried out in the name of a loving god. I really do despair of the religious mentality at such times, and thank god (!) i am an atheist.

All my life, both as a fervent young believer, and since, I've struggled to respect all that is good in every religion; but the older I get, the less I feel inclined to try and accommodate the sheer irrationality of Faith, particularly when it sets its face against all the things I hold most dear... Things like basic respect for anything that is perceived as different, tolerance of opposing views and all responsible lifestyles, and above all, simple, honest human KINDNESS.

Reading some of the more rabid of religiously-motivated posts here and elsewhere, my DESPAIR at the blind, unnecessary acrimony on display increases by the day. So I may be forgiven if my view of religion as a divisive force in society is steadily confirmed, and the exact reverse of what one would expect from a truly 'Spiritual' community of believers.

I still have a high regard for most of Jesus' teachings and example, but I can't help thinking that He would be hard-pressed to recognise much of what is still being perpetrated in His name, and by folks who claim to be His followers. Love of one's fellow-humans being the chief casualty.

Brian.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 AM

348 posts, read 460,701 times
Quote:
There are, unfortunately, many injunctions in the Old Testament (eg. Leviticus) to stone to death all sorts of people whom we, in arguably more enlightened times, would regard as innocent.

It is no coincidence that both Christianity and Islam derive from the same ancient sources, ie. from Abraham and the patriarchs of the O.T. Thus, a tradition of killing by stoning and other methods is well-established, and scripturally approved.

I guess the main difference in our own time between these two rival faiths is principally one of what is culturally acceptable, and it horrifies me to think that there are, without doubt, amongst us, some fundamentalist Christians who would be happy to turn a blind eye to, (if not actually participate in), the enactment of ritual slaughter, should it be the cultural norm...

(That is not to say that every moderate Muslim must be equally appalled at what is sometimes carried out in the name of their faith, too).

Whatever happened to the legacy of the enlightenment, that these fora should spill over with such displays of bigotry in the name of religion?

Brian.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
The same could be said about any religion. Chances are excellent that any time you hear about someone standing aside and not speaking up, they are a believer in some sort of deity. So if you're going to throw accusations about religious people not doing what they should, don't accuse just the Muslims.

newsobserver.com | Sean Paddock's last hours described

Child abuse on the religious right - The Pearls at Bene Diction Blogs On
I cannot see how the first instance has anything to do with religion.
The second is in no way endorsed by Christians. Christians, many of them, will ignore and/or forbid practices written down in their 'holy' book as archaic and ill advised.
These instances of Muslim hatred are practiced by officials in countries in the name of their so called god and the community does not protest.
It seems as though several times a year we hear of people being tortured and killed in the name of god in Muslim countries.
Christians will not hesitate in denouncing any barbarism practiced in their faith. With Muslims, it seems often the opposite - the state, representing the will of god AND the will of the people, actually endorses barbarism.
Not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or