U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 AM

762 posts, read 986,775 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what the relevance is of proving the Scientific claims of the Quran. How does this validate Mohammed as a prophet? Or that the Quran is sent from God.

I expect Dr Bucaille has done very well for himself out of it tho. financially speaking..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
I'm not sure what the relevance is of proving the Scientific claims of the Quran. How does this validate Mohammed as a prophet? Or that the Quran is sent from God.

I expect Dr Bucaille has done very well for himself out of it tho. financially speaking..
Dr. Bucaille was already wealthy prior to writing his book as he was a prominent Surgeon with an outstanding practice.

It does not appear he was Muslim at the time he did his presentation. although most of us assume he had eventually accepted Islam, there is no physical proof he did. Although it is evident he was not Muslim at the time he wrote his book. he may or may not have ever said the Shahadah, there is no "conversion" ritual in Islam, it is known only between him and Allaah(swt) if he ever accepted Islam.

Wiki has a reasonably nice biography of him HERE

Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,650,674 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what the relevance is of proving the Scientific claims of the Quran. How does this validate Mohammed as a prophet? Or that the Quran is sent from God. ..

these scientific signs helps you to choose the correct path.
you are christian because you lived in a christain environment
and if have lived in a jews environment you would be a jew
and if you have lived in a Buddha environment you would be a Buddha and similar thing for Islam.
that means you did not realy choose the religion but you have inherited it
and that is acceptable until you have become an adult and responsible
and you can use your own eyes and your own brain and heart to read and verfiy the truth.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Dr. Bucaille was already wealthy prior to writing his book as he was a prominent Surgeon with an outstanding practice.

It does not appear he was Muslim at the time he did his presentation. although most of us assume he had eventually accepted Islam, there is no physical proof he did. Although it is evident he was not Muslim at the time he wrote his book. he may or may not have ever said the Shahadah, there is no "conversion" ritual in Islam, it is known only between him and Allaah(swt) if he ever accepted Islam.

Wiki has a reasonably nice biography of him HERE
Yes, I knew he was family physician to the Saudi Royals for years. So I suppose would be financially well off, although that does not mean he would not be adverse to making more money. Too often we find in life that the more money people have the more they seem to want.

It does not state anywhere that I could see conclusively if he had converted to Islam, it seems he has been very evasive on the subject when asked. It has been said that it would suit his purposes if he was seen not to convert to Islam, but that I feel is conjecture.

Really it's his own business and of know interest. It should be between himself and God.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
these scientific signs helps you to choose the correct path.
you are christian because you lived in a christain environment
and if have lived in a jews environment you would be a jew
and if you have lived in a Buddha environment you would be a Buddha and similar thing for Islam.
that means you did not realy choose the religion but you have inherited it
and that is acceptable until you have become an adult and responsible
and you can use your own eyes and your own brain and heart to read and verfiy the truth.
Exactly so, we do to a great extent inherit our religion from our parents. Seems the logical way until we come of an age to choose for ourselves. My own experience as a Christian..as a baby I was Baptised, which is normal. Then as a teenager when one is expected to be able to make an informed choice, you are encouraged to seek for yourself and decide if you want to be confirmed as a Christian. None of this is binding, and we are free throughout life to choose our own path. I was later in my confirmation than many of my peers as I had lots of questions I had to find my own answers to. I'm happy I found the right answers to my question and felt the Holy Spirit guided me to choose the path I have. Who knows one day I may get directed another way..but I very much doubt it.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Yes, I knew he was family physician to the Saudi Royals for years. So I suppose would be financially well off, although that does not mean he would not be adverse to making more money. Too often we find in life that the more money people have the more they seem to want.

It does not state anywhere that I could see conclusively if he had converted to Islam, it seems he has been very evasive on the subject when asked. It has been said that it would suit his purposes if he was seen not to convert to Islam, but that I feel is conjecture.

Really it's his own business and of know interest. It should be between himself and God.
Only Allaah(swt) and the individual know who is a Muslim and it is possible for the individual to be mistaken.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Who knows one day I may get directed another way..but I very much doubt it.
I pray to Allah to show you a sign as he showed to this american women and to this australian man and they believed that Allah is the only god and Muhammad is his messenger.

part1

part two

the sign

Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 AM

I'm happy for the woman in the clip, that she feels she has found a way to express her faith in God. I don't have a problem with the fact that she found it in Islam. It's not really that important that a person converts to Islam, as for everyone that does sure somewhere a muslim converts to another faith or just stops believing in Islam. So it's swings and roundabouts...but as long as you have any faith in God then I don't think it matters overmuch by what name you call him..as long as you have God/Allah in your life. Obviously Atheists etc will think differently. But I believe God loves them anyway.

I have looked at Islam for some years I have many muslim friends and have lived in muslim countries. I have seen the good and the bad in Islam. But when I personally compare it to the Bible and Mohammed to Jesus, then for me there is no contest. If you rip away all the trappings and compare Mohammed to Jesus as Prophets, then for me at least Jesus wins hands down.

Anything can happen in the future...who knows ..even you may find the light and find the Holy Spirit guides you down a different path...thousands of Muslims leave Islam every day

Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 AM

another book by a canadian doctor Dr. Gary Miller that highlight the miracles in the final Holy book.

The Amazing Qur'an Dr. Miller's famous work.

Download 'The Amazing Qur'an'.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Can't you find any examples from a source other than the usual Islamic ones. Dr Miller is a convert to Islam. You can't really expect him to give an unbiased opinion.

I guess this is the conundrum here, I will be looking at predominately non muslim sources and you will be looking to the Islamic sources ...so we will never agree.

But still makes for interesting convo tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or