Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 26,765 times

Advertisements

Few questions to Muslims....

Since Islam was founded around 600 years after Jesus was born, and 5 centuries after Christianity was founded; how come according to Islamic scripture it says that Jesus was Muslim, along with all other prophets?!
Jesus was born and raised as a Jew.... it does not make any sense.

Since Christianity once again started hundreds of years before Islam, how come Muslims disagree with Jesus being crucified, when all four gospels clearly says that he was crucified, yet the Muslims says not. However they believe he was an important "prophet" and was born of Virgin Mary.

When I asked this in my religion class, I was being told by my teacher to shut up and stop offending the Islamic religion, despite some Muslim students constantly saying that Jesus was not son of God, he was a prophet etc. My teacher was a Buddhist! I don't see how this is offending? I just have questions and they keep forgetting freedom of speech unfortunately.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,987,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsinDos View Post

Since Islam was founded around 600 years after Jesus was born, and 5 centuries after Christianity was founded; how come according to Islamic scripture it says that Jesus was Muslim, along with all other prophets?!

Since Christianity once again started hundreds of years before Islam, how come Muslims disagree with Jesus being crucified, when all four gospels clearly says that he was crucified, yet the Muslims says not. However they believe he was an important "prophet" and was born of Virgin Mary.

When I asked this in my religion class, I was being told by my teacher to shut up and stop offending the Islamic religion, despite some Muslim students constantly saying that Jesus was not son of God, he was a prophet etc. My teacher was a Buddhist! I don't see how this is offending? I just have questions and they keep forgetting freedom of speech unfortunately.

Thanks!
Islam is not a religion in the Christian concept of religion. We have no ordained clergy, no Central leadership. No Dogma. It is a way of life.

Islam ia an Arabic word that means to submit to God. Muslim (Female: Mulimah) is a person who does Islam, that is submits to the will of God.

Every person who truly submits to the will of God to the best of his/her ability is performing Islam and is a Muslim or Muslimah.

Jesus(as) and all the Prophets did sincerely submit to the will of God and therefore are Muslim.

Islam is not a religion it is a de'en a full submission to God in all aspects of ones life not just a ritualistic form of worship.

The fundamental beliefs of all Muslims are:

1) Belief in God:[

Muslims believe in one, unique, incomparable God, Who has no son nor partner, and that none has the right to be worshipped but Him alone. He is the true God, and every other deity is false. He has the most magnificent names and sublime perfect attributes. No one shares His divinity, nor His attributes. In the Quran, God describes Himself:

2) Belief in the Angels:

Muslims believe in the existence of the angels and that they are honored creatures. The angels worship God alone, obey Him, and act only by His command. Among the angels is Gabriel, who brought down the Quran to Muhammad .

3) Belief in God’s Revealed Books:

Muslims believe that God revealed books to His messengers as proof for mankind and as guidance for them.

4) Belief in the Prophets and Messengers of God:

Muslims believe in the prophets and messengers of God, starting with Adam, including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them).

5) Belief in the Day of Judgment:

Muslims believe in the Day of Judgment (the Day of Resurrection) when all people will be resurrected for God’s judgment according to their beliefs and deeds.

6) Belief in Al-Qadar:[

Muslims believe in Al-Qadar, which is Divine Predestination, but this belief in Divine Predestination does not mean that human beings do not have freewill. Rather, Muslims believe that God has given human beings freewill. This means that they can choose right or wrong and that they are responsible for their choices.
]The belief in Divine Predestination includes belief in four things: 1) God knows everything. He knows what has happened and what will happen. 2) God has recorded all that has happened and all that will happen. 3) Whatever God wills to happen happens, and whatever He wills not to happen does not happen. 4) God is the Creator of everything.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 04-27-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
While Muslims do believe in the word of Jesus(as) we do not believe the Gospels were his word or the word of God. We believe they are in error.

We do not believe God needs anything. We believe he does not require any sacrifice in order for him to forgive sin's. He need anly say they are forgiven and it is done.

We believe somebody was crucified and we believe the witnesses believed it was Jesus. However, Jesus(as) being a true Prophet(as) was spared from the humiliation of Crucifixion and was lifted up to heaven before he could be crucified.

Sahih International

4:156

And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander,

4:157

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

4:158

Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

Surat An-Nisa' - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 04-27-2012 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 PM

50,081 posts, read 20,504,666 times
Quote:

Thanks!
How would you view Woodrow's answer? I'd love to know. I'll hold my response until you post yours.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,258,972 times
if you want the answers to be according to islamic scripture then you have to know that you have the misconception that Islam started about 5 centuries after Christianity, and that Prophet Muhammad was the founder of the religion of Islam.
In fact, and according to islamic scriptures ,Islam existed since man first set foot on this earth. "Submission" to God existed since man first set foot on Earth. Muhammad isn't the founder of Islam, but the last and final messenger of Islam.

so whoever submitted to God and followed abraham (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and whover submitted to God and followed mosas (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and whoever submitted to God and followed jesus (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and the same with the last prophet be sent mohammed pbuh ( according to muslims) .
in the other way , whoever disbelieved in the prophet be sent to him isn't a muslim

so when you say that jesus raised as a jew , it means that before his prophethood he was believing in oness of God and submitting to his will and follow the last prophet be sent to his people (mosa peace be upon him ) and believed in the book be revealed to him (OT) .
it's similar to islam concept for me

As Woodrow said , islam is not merely a religion, but a way of life which in Quran it is described as a "deen." Hence, all Prophets of Allah submitted their will to God and abided by the laws which they had to follow. They all preached this fascinating way of life of submission to God. then all of them are muslims and what they preached was islam ( and islam in this context not necessery means quran and mohammed (pbuh) )

Old 04-28-2012, 06:16 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,258,972 times
Quote:
again , if you want to know the logic of muslims understanding , not debating them in their beliefs then you have to know that
when we believe that jesus was born of virgin and
that jesus is the christ and
that he raised the deads and
that he was raised to the heavin and that he will return and kill the antichrist
all these common believes between us are not based in the four gospels in the first place . so it dosn't matter if these gospels have something different .

however early christians themselfs differed about this event .
The Basilidans believed that someone else was substituted for him.
The Docetate held that Christ never had a real physical or natural body, but only an apparent or phantom body, and that his crucifixion was only apparent, not real.
The Marcionite Gospel (about A.C. 138) denied that Jesus was born, and merely said that he appeared in human form.
The Gospel of St. Barnabas supported the theory of substitution on the Cross.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
if you want the answers to be according to islamic scripture then you have to know that you have the misconception that Islam started about 5 centuries after Christianity, and that Prophet Muhammad was the founder of the religion of Islam.
In fact, and according to islamic scriptures ,Islam existed since man first set foot on this earth. "Submission" to God existed since man first set foot on Earth. Muhammad isn't the founder of Islam, but the last and final messenger of Islam.

so whoever submitted to God and followed abraham (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and whover submitted to God and followed mosas (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and whoever submitted to God and followed jesus (pbuh) in his era is a muslim
and the same with the last prophet be sent mohammed pbuh ( according to muslims) .
in the other way , whoever disbelieved in the prophet be sent to him isn't a muslim

so when you say that jesus raised as a jew , it means that before his prophethood he was believing in oness of God and submitting to his will and follow the last prophet be sent to his people (mosa peace be upon him ) and believed in the book be revealed to him (OT) .
it's similar to islam concept for me

As Woodrow said , islam is not merely a religion, but a way of life which in Quran it is described as a "deen." Hence, all Prophets of Allah submitted their will to God and abided by the laws which they had to follow. They all preached this fascinating way of life of submission to God. then all of them are muslims and what they preached was islam ( and islam in this context not necessery means quran and mohammed (pbuh) )
That is true Islam goes back at least as far as Adam and it does not necessarily require the Qur'an and Muhammad(PBUH) the same message was revealed by all of the Prophets. The Qur'an is not a new Message. It is just the last time we will have it given to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam