U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 PM
 
Location: morocco
69 posts, read 138,029 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Most Common Questions asked by Non-Muslims

Q1. Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?

Q2. If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?

Q3. Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?

Q4. How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?

Q5. Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?

Q6. Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?

Q7. Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?

IslamBasics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2008, 01:29 AM
 
787 posts, read 1,548,368 times
Reputation: 476
I would like to know why the prophet Muhammad, with Allah guiding him, had to resort to violence and wage war against his neighbours? Surely someone who has an all powerful being telling you what to do wouldn't need to kill to settle your differences. In my opinion, this means, that either Allah was not guiding him or Allah loves wars -after all, war is the result of our inability to understand and communicate with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 04:07 AM
 
1,218 posts, read 3,660,723 times
Reputation: 1155
Is killing an animal a ruthless act? Or is that just your opinion? If it is, then keep it out because those of us who eat meat/fish, wear leather, fur, silk or down don't feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 AM
 
Location: In a chartreuse microbus
3,856 posts, read 5,314,953 times
Reputation: 8023
What exactly is the goal of the Deccan Mujahideen in killing all of those people in India? Do they really think that this sort of action will compel people to change to the muslim faith??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
 
Location: morocco
69 posts, read 138,029 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I would like to know why the prophet Muhammad, with Allah guiding him, had to resort to violence and wage war against his neighbours? Surely someone who has an all powerful being telling you what to do wouldn't need to kill to settle your differences. In my opinion, this means, that either Allah was not guiding him or Allah loves wars -after all, war is the result of our inability to understand and communicate with each other.
Perhaps you don't read the hole thread because the answer for your question is in it question 4)
IslamBasics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 AM
 
787 posts, read 1,548,368 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by souhilo1 View Post
Perhaps you don't read the hole thread because the answer for your question is in it question 4)
IslamBasics
no it's not - at least not in Q4. My question is why would Muhammed need to wage war when he has Allah guiding him - Allah, if he were so powerful, would have infinite knowledge and not need to go to war. He would know how to avoid war and would tell Muhammed what to do to avoid war. Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
no it's not - at least not in Q4. My question is why would Muhammed need to wage war when he has Allah guiding him - Allah, if he were so powerful, would have infinite knowledge and not need to go to war. He would know how to avoid war and would tell Muhammed what to do to avoid war. Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other.
mohammed pbuh didn't wage wars , the enemies are the ones whom waged the wars against muslims in the first place
muslims be commanded by God to fight for the sake of thier relegion for testing thier hearts
muslims were very weak in strength and numbers , most of them were slaves not used to fight

read these verses

3-140 If a wound has afflicted you (at Ohud), a wound like it has also afflicted the (unbelieving) people; and We bring these days to men by turns, and that Allah may test those who believe and take witnesses from among you ; and Allah does not love the unjust.

3-141 And that Allah may prove those who believe, and may blight the disbelievers.

3-142 Do you think that you will enter the garden while Allah has not yet test those who strive hard from among you, and (He has not) test the patient ?!

Quote:
Either Allah did not really guide Muhammed, Allah is not smart enough to avoid war or Allah wants us to kill each other
oh , yeah , this comparison take me to the similar comparison as
why destruction and evil and wars existing in the world ?
either God ( glory be to him ) powerless to prevent it , or God wants us to kill each other
you can consider God of any relegion with this kind of conclusions

this view have nothing to do with islam specifically , so it's out of the purpose of this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 AM
 
787 posts, read 1,548,368 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
mohammed pbuh didn't wage wars , the enemies are the ones whom waged the wars against muslims in the first place
muslims be commanded by God to fight for the sake of thier relegion for testing thier hearts
muslims were very weak in strength and numbers , most of them were slaves not used to fight
and yet Allah was not wise enough to tell Muhammed how to avoid the war? It takes two to fight, regardless of who starts it.

Quote:
muslims be commanded by God to fight for the sake of thier relegion for testing thier hearts
muslims were very weak in strength and numbers , most of them were slaves not used to fight
So God wants muslims to fight to prove something? That doesn't sound very peaceful at all.

Quote:
oh , yeah , this comparison take me to the similar comparison as
why destruction and evil and wars existing in the world ?
no it's not. Who has Allah talking to them directly and not through interpretations of a religious text?

Quote:
this view have nothing to do with islam specifically , so it's out of the purpose of this thread
yes it does. I will say this one last time. Muhammed had Allah talking to him and guiding him directly. Despite Allah who is supposed to have infinite knowledge, wisdom and power, he still could not stop Muhammed having to wage war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
and yet Allah was not wise enough to tell Muhammed how to avoid the war? It takes two to fight, regardless of who starts it.

So God wants muslims to fight to prove something? That doesn't sound very peaceful at all.

no it's not. Who has Allah talking to them directly and not through interpretations of a religious text?

yes it does. I will say this one last time. Muhammed had Allah talking to him and guiding him directly. Despite Allah who is supposed to have infinite knowledge, wisdom and power, he still could not stop Muhammed having to wage war.
okey , tell me your relegion if you are not athiest

and how your God deal with such a matter

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 AM
 
787 posts, read 1,548,368 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
okey , tell me your relegion if you are not athiest

and how your God deal with such a matter

thank you
I'm agnostic, but let's take for example, the story of Moses who supposedly parted the red sea, crossed it with his people, then closed it so the pursuing egyptians couldn't cross. Wouldn't that be an example of how a powerful God avoided bloodshed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top