U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 AM

500 posts, read 636,219 times

Advertisements

(And to other Muslims) Are you watching what your fellow Muslims in Egypt are doing to the Christian community there? Where is the tolerance, where is the peace, but most importantly, where is the outrage from the so-called moderate Muslims?

YouTube - †شرة ا„اخبار ا„‚بطŠة تتابع اخر تطˆرات ‚ضŠ‡ اجتŠا* ˆ ت‡دŠ… ƒ†Šسة ا„سŠدة ا„عذراء برشŠد

YouTube - †شرة ا„اخبار ا„‚بطŠة - *ارس ƒ†Šسة ا„عذراء برشŠد Šت*دث ع† *ادث اجتŠا* ا„ƒ†Šسة ˆت‡دŠ…‡ا ˆ ا„اعتداء ع„Š‡ ˆ ع„‰ اسرت‡ با„ضرب ˆا„ت‡دŠد

Sorry mods, the above links are in Arabic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 AM

8,743 posts, read 10,276,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
(And to other Muslims) Are you watching what your fellow Muslims in Egypt are doing to the Christian community there? Where is the tolerance, where is the peace, but most importantly, where is the outrage from the so-called moderate Muslims?

YouTube - نشرة الاخبار القبطية تتابع اخر تطورات قضيه اجتيا* و تهديم كنيسة السيدة العذراء برشيد

YouTube - نشرة الاخبار القبطية - *ارس كنيسة العذراء برشيد يت*دث عن *ادث اجتيا* الكنيسة وتهديمها و الاعتداء عليه و على اسرته بالضرب والتهديد

Sorry mods, the above links are in Arabic.
Dont even start. You Christians have done the same thing to other religions in the past.

Not to say these Muslims are right. As for the moderates, please refer to what I said in the other threads. It is going to take much much more than moderates to stop these people.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:20 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,508,264 times
Egypt used to be a marvelous secularist democratic country associated with Syria. Now it finds that that is defunct to a class society which could support the rather secularist issue in Palestine into action and concern. As it stands it's people simply want no part of Israel's resolutions with the existing American, say, regime.

Incidentally, I hear that Egypt has unions operating even for professional groups of occupation. But that is claimed for less a democratic circumstance. Who's fault is this? Woops, I'll get off that. Now, I will check the webcam. Ha, ha, ha.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:25 AM

5,473 posts, read 13,658,978 times
TheLiberalVoice, where do you ever find Jesus Christ Himself preaching or living in such a hateful way? What Biblical doctrine would support such actions by true followers of Christ? Before generally attacking "Christians" as a whole, please share your insight into true Biblical Christianity as it relates to hostile conduct toward other religions.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
TheLiberalVoice, where do you ever find Jesus Christ Himself preaching or living in such a hateful way? What Biblical doctrine would support such actions by true followers of Christ? Before generally attacking "Christians" as a whole, please share your insight into true Biblical Christianity as it relates to hostile conduct toward other religions.
No no no! I have said many times on this thread that it is not all but most Christians who are like this.

I think Jesus was good. He was not hateful like how most Christians are today. I think Christianity itself is a peaceful religion though a little sexist.

And yes, Christianity and Islam are no different from each other. Both are full of hatred with the except few towards other religions.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:41 AM

And as a side note, as for you directing attention on Elwill about something Islam is doing is not a nice thing.

If Elwill was directly responsible, I could see why you would do that. But he is not. This just adds more to my argument that most Christians are inconsiderate and only care about their religion. They will talk down about other religions but raise Hell if someone talks ill of their religion.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Dont even start. You Christians have done the same thing to other religions in the past.
Do you still live in the past? Or is this just another pathetic Liberal style attempt at justifying today's actions. Get off the THEY DID IT DECADES AGO argument and deal with today.

Quote:
Not to say these Muslims are right. As for the moderates, please refer to what I said in the other threads. It is going to take much much more than moderates to stop these people.
Indeed it will, but to have the moderates combat Islamic extremists is a good start.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Do you still live in the past? Or is this just another pathetic Liberal style attempt at justifying today's actions. Get off the THEY DID IT DECADES AGO argument and deal with today.

Indeed it will, but to have the moderates combat Islamic extremists is a good start.
No, I do not live in the past. Obviously. I am talking about both Islamic and Christian hate that goes on TODAY as we TYPE. And pathetic Liberal style attempt? Please! Can't use anything else to defend your double standards?

Now, there have been Islamic people who speak it out against this violence. Just like there have been Christians who speak out against violence when their religion does it.

I do not agree with what you are doing by directing this attention to ellwill. He has every right to defend Islam like you are defending your religion right now. But once again, typical Christians. They can do it but when other people defend their religion, it is suddenly wrong.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,508,264 times
I knew: it was that dim-all dialectical idealism which the carpet business in Turkey could subscribe to as well. What about the right pay for the correctly performed work by the worker?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
No, I do not live in the past. Obviously. I am talking about both Islamic and Christian hate that goes on TODAY as we TYPE. And pathetic Liberal style attempt? Please! Can't use anything else to defend your double standards?
You're talking about Yesterday's Christianity and comparing it to Today's Islam, sounds like you still live in the past. There is no double standard. If you search my posts, I never denied Christianity's violent history, but I said many times, we're supposed to live TODAY, learn from HISTORY and don't repeat it in the future.

Quote:
Now, there have been Islamic people who speak it out against this violence. Just like there have been Christians who speak out against violence when their religion does it.
I and a lot of people in the WEST want to see mass demonstrations to condone these vile acts. I want to see large demonstrations like the ones we saw during the cartoons, teddy bear etc.

Quote:
I do not agree with what you are doing by directing this attention to ellwill. He has every right to defend Islam like you are defending your religion right now. But once again, typical Christians. They can do it but when other people defend their religion, it is suddenly wrong.
elwill is a person from there, and I wanted his take on it since all he does is preach to us that Islam is tolerant and respectful of other religions.
Again, you're still stuck in the past. I can't wait for your typical brain to kick in and mention Hitler, Atom bomb and how American was founded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam