Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:44 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

Honor killing is in the bible? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Honor killing is in the bible? I don't think so.
i allready gave you my proofs in share #6
you responded to me that you arn't christian
check it again

Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 AM

I guess you are correct...Honor killing is mentioned in the bible along with many other atrocities, but it is a practice abandoned long ago I think.

Now do you really want to continue this discussion? Shall I begin tearing down your holy book?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I guess you are correct...Honor killing is mentioned in the bible along with many other atrocities, but it is a practice abandoned long ago I think.

Now do you really want to continue this discussion? Shall I begin tearing down your holy book?
off course , you are most wellcome

Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 PM

Islam has a big problem with honor killing. Even presuming it is not in the Koran, it is mostly practiced by Muslims..

Women and girls in Iraq live in constant fear of violence as the conflict intensifies and insecurity spirals. Within their own communities, many women and girls remain at risk of death or injury from male relatives if they are accused of behavior held to have brought dishonor on the family.

Recently, in Bashika, Mosul, hundreds of men beat and stoned a 17 year old woman named Du’a Khalil Aswad to death, in a gruesome example of collective ‘honour killing’. The woman, a member of the Yezidi religion, which is practiced by Kurds in Northern Iraq, ran away from her family to join an Arab Muslim man with whom she had fallen in love and had been meeting secretly, but who rejected her. Damned under the ‘honour’ code, for running away, for choosing outside her own community and for being ultimately rejected, Du’a had nowhere to go.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:01 AM

you asked me to begin tearing down my holy book and i said to you "you are most wellcome"

where is the holy book quotes ?

Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,228,825 times
Honour killing has existed throughout time in all societies.
Even the Christians practiced honour killings not so long ago in the Middle Ages. Christian aristocrats challenged other aristocrats or peasants because they had 'dishonoured' them in some (trivial) way.
The same thing happened for Japan where the samurai were (politically) 'manipulated' into defending the honour of their master or school.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,003 times
Quote:
They probably don't dare to complain.
It's not as though they live in a society where they can freely see the different outcomes of lives led differently.
They have few choices and, like good animals, just adapt and make the best of the situation they are faced with.

One of the important aspects of being human and not a beast is that we have choices and can see possible different futures ahead of us as a result of the choices we make. To rear humans into unquestioning obedience is, to me, forcing them into a lower life form than they are intended to be rather than raising them up to be better.

The woman who chooses not to cheat on her spouse because of fear of death is acting out of animal instinct for self preservation. She is not an example of good moral character.
In a freer setting, the woman who refuses an affair out of respect for her commitment to another human being is working out of her higher moral nature because society gives her the freedom to behave as she wishes.

I think if I threw a shoe at Bush in the US I would not end up with broken bones - but I would probably be too much of a coward to attempt such a thing.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Honor killing has existed throughout time in all societies.
Even the Christians practiced honor killings not so long ago in the Middle Ages. Christian aristocrats challenged other aristocrats or peasants because they had 'dishonored' them in some (trivial) way.
The same thing happened for Japan where the samurai were (politically) 'manipulated' into defending the honor of their master or school.
I agree.
I think this behavior is a thing that passes as a society evolves. The thing is, we - meaning all of humanity - should really hasten the maturing process. People behaving in a primitive manner are dangerous when we all have bombs.

We must stop rearing our children in cultures of brutality and always prefer discussion to rock throwing.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:

Considering that we're not living in OT times in the desert....

Capital punishment was also used for other things that we'd not consider using it for today. But what's easier? Constructing a jail and carrying it with you, guarding prisoners as you go? Or execution of criminals for crimes that the condemned knew was wrong and that would get them the death penalty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam