U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
 
820 posts, read 1,083,538 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
omg, so sad.

how do you listen to captain baker?
The first video interview with Cpt Baker is in "Bless the Beasts and..."
Part 2. Part 3 includes a video interview with some of the US troops
who were on the combined operation.

There is a second Cpt Baker interview , I will post it later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,582,537 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
The first video interview with Cpt Baker is in "Bless the Beasts and..."
Part 2. Part 3 includes a video interview with some of the US troops
who were on the combined operation.

There is a second Cpt Baker interview , I will post it later.

ok, got it. wow. very interesting. I've never seen reporting like that. Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM
 
820 posts, read 1,083,538 times
Reputation: 138
Here is part of the second interveiw with Cpt "Baker".
He opens up a little:

"...look what Al Qaeda has done to my country. This is Al Qaeda crimes in our villages , in our homes.
They killed the children. They kill anyone --Sunni , Shi'a , Kurdi--they don't care about religion or sect.
I dug these bodies with my hands , this is not a fabrication, this is Al Qaeda in Iraq... and the horrible crimes they commit agaist Iraqi people."

Source: "Moment of Truth in Iraq" by Michael Yon. This book has Time's photo of the year on the cover. Maj Mark Bierger and Farah are in the pic.

This kind of information is useful , IMO , to the thread because it is unfair to judge the Muslim faith by the actions of organizations like AQI or Hamas.


Link for convienence:
www.michaelyon-online.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,259,013 times
Reputation: 440
Another peaceful demonstration of Islam.

Anti-Semitic Pro-Hamas Demonstration in Florida - Voice of Revolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,582,537 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post

I am sure you are loving this.

*Sigh* First of all, it wasn't a demonstration of Islam.

Second, there were peaceful demonstrations against the situation in Gaza around the country and around the world.

That being said, I am so happy that you could gleefully find this one, with an especially vile and ignorant woman who said "back to the oven". I mean really, as if this is the norm and is being said at rallies everywhere [IT is NOT]

(I am sure we can find violent protests about soooooo many things, one that comes to mind as the most recent is the, not even demonstrations, but RIOTS in California right now where I just watched people jumping on top of police cars and ripping the doors off, and we can find plenty of examples of jackasses spewing hatred.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,259,013 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I am sure you are loving this.

*Sigh* First of all, it wasn't a demonstration of Islam.

Second, there were peaceful demonstrations against the situation in Gaza around the country and around the world.

That being said, I am so happy that you could gleefully find this one, with an especially vile and ignorant woman who said "back to the oven". I mean really, as if this is the norm and is being said at rallies everywhere [IT is NOT]

(I am sure we can find violent protests about soooooo many things, one that comes to mind as the most recent is the, not even demonstrations, but RIOTS in California right now where I just watched people jumping on top of police cars and ripping the doors off, and we can find plenty of examples of jackasses spewing hatred.)
I especially love how the spiritual leader of the group said a prayer and then let them at the other "peaceful" protesters across the street. These are your everyday followers of Islam. Sadly, this is what we base our opinion of Islam on because we don't see anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:24 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,041,409 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I especially love how the spiritual leader of the group said a prayer and then let them at the other "peaceful" protesters across the street. These are your everyday followers of Islam. Sadly, this is what we base our opinion of Islam on because we don't see anything else.
i completly agree with your last sentence
this is what we base our opinion of Islam on because we don't see anything else

but may be with a little modification it must be
because we don't want to see anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,259,013 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i completly agree with your last sentence
this is what we base our opinion of Islam on because we don't see anything else

but may be with a little modification it must be
because we don't want to see anything else
Maybe you should have a conversation with ALL the people of Islam and tell them they need to be better role models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,041,409 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Maybe you should have a conversation with ALL the people of Islam and tell them they need to be better role models.
, you have my promise
actually one of the teaching of islam is to enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
 
40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i completly agree with your last sentence
this is what we base our opinion of Islam on because we don't see anything else

but may be with a little modification it must be
because we don't want to see anything else
As long as the majority of Muslims do not object to and assist in catching and preventing these terrorists (a silent majority of support) . . . these "fruits" of Islam will be the basis upon which it shall be judged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top