Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,261,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as the majority of Muslims do not object to and assist in catching and preventing these terrorists (a silent majority of support) . . . these "fruits" of Islam will be the basis upon which it shall be judged.
you wanna to tell me that muslims didn't condemn the terrorist acts ?
can you please for my sake , make another try in searching.
if you didn't find where muslims condemnes the terrorist acts i will help you

peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,450 times
Yes, Elwill, it is agreed that Hamas has lost it's political roots. No sweat off my nose.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 AM

63,570 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
you wanna to tell me that muslims didn't condemn the terrorist acts ?
can you please for my sake , make another try in searching.
if you didn't find where muslims condemnes the terrorist acts i will help you

peace
If the majority of Muslims were assisting the police and authorities in finding and stopping these terrorists there is no way they could achieve the global reach and successes they have achieved . . . especially 9/11. It is the silent support and monetary support of the terror regimes that enables this global capability. These "fruits" are undeniable and they will be the basis upon which Islam is judged until Muslims purge them from their midst instead of breeding them in Madrassas.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

your sarcasm is much appreciated, as usual, kdbrich.

if the 9/11 hijackers thought that if they went to a strip club the only way to redeem themselves was to attack to skyscrapers and kill thousands of people (some of whom were muslim, if you didn't know), then they had no idea what Islam is all about.
No disrespect intended, but how much studying into islam have you really done?

the problem that I have is that we see people dancing in the streets as a result of a terrorist action. We also rarely see any real condemnation from muslims for the terrorist activities done in the name of islam.

And lastly, anywhere in the country where you see an islamic country, they just don't play nicely and get along with their neighbors. It's just a sad fact that war exists where there are muslims.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,909,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
. It's just a sad fact that war exists where there are muslims.
No, it's a sad fact that war exists where religion exists, and in a greater sense where humans exist. Religious differences are only one of the ways to breed contempt between people. Humans as a whole are a violent, disagreeable, and warlike race. Religion only gives them an excuse to be even more warlike than usual.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM

810 posts, read 1,435,065 times
Quote:
All the stuff that makes you unclean is bad. including cigarrettes, alcohol, ect.. but they do not talk to people because they are doing these things they try to encourage them and they don't give up on them either, they think it is Gods place to judge someone not theirs.
This is what my sister told me about Islam. That all of the above mentioned behaviors, as well as living with her Muslim boyfriend are not considered clean, but that she and he are not judged. They can be considered a Muslim and will just be judged by Allah.
Is her statement accurate? Or are there required standards that Muslims must adhere to to be in good standing in the Muslim "congregation"?

Thanks, just trying to understand where she is coming from. I don't consider her an expert on Islam.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No, it's a sad fact that war exists where religion exists, and in a greater sense where humans exist. Religious differences are only one of the ways to breed contempt between people. Humans as a whole are a violent, disagreeable, and warlike race. Religion only gives them an excuse to be even more warlike than usual.
Perhaps it's the inability of radical muslims to coexist with peaceful muslims then. Or maybe it's because radical islam IS the true representation of islam.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,909,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Perhaps it's the inability of radical muslims to coexist with peaceful muslims then. Or maybe it's because radical islam IS the true representation of islam.
Is then radical Christianity the true representation of Christianity? Because I don't see "mainstream" Christians doing much of anything to shut down people like Fred Phelps and his ilk.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Is then radical Christianity the true representation of Christianity? Because I don't see "mainstream" Christians doing much of anything to shut down people like Fred Phelps and his ilk.

The fact that fred phelps and the gang is about the only instance you could name off the top of your head says a lot.

And I have personally condemned their behavior on these boards. I've also posted links to radio show podcasts denouncing them, as well as demonstrating their irrationality.

Next question?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:13 PM

63,570 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
We have freedom of speech in America . . . that makes "shutting down speech" impossible. But we routinely shut down murderers and killers and bombers and other acts by stringent enforcement of our laws against killing. The Muslims do not . . . large demonstrations in the streets accompany news of these occurrences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam