U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
elwill wrote:

Do you realize that this segregation of unrelated men and women is something that is inconceivable in the rest of the world? That means women can't even date and have a normal social life. These laws are barbaric and Saudi Arabia is a backwards nation. It should be none of any government's business who it's citizens associate with.

existence of nude beach or open places for nudist and bear childrens out of marriage are inconceivable in islamic worlds
it's different cultures , you have no right to impose your culture on us , or to decide that you have the perfect or suitable culture for all the world

what is suitable for us not suitable for you , and what suitable for you not suitable for us .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM

30,895 posts, read 31,799,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
the life not very easy , the problems usually happens in homes
if the light tab not to cause pain or humiliation but to draw the attention in order to save the marriage , so it can happened by the wife either if she can save the marriage .

if two close friends differed about something , so there must be one of them submit to or convince the other , if two of them became stubborn their friendship may be destroyed

so that God recommended the rightious women to be that one who submit to her husband if differs raised between them and God gave her glad tiding for that , and if the husband is the unjust one , so God will get back her rights in the judgement day and will reward her for her patience

in the other side God recommend the men to fear God in their treatment their wifes , and to not humiliate them or insult them or hurt them . and any man disobey God in his treatment with wife , he will be subjected to the punishment in the judgement day

why you can't ( or don't want) to understand the intensions from these teaching , its all about saving the family .
Well in the modern world it will almost certainly destroy the family...You just don't seem to get it. No person has the right to lay hands on another. It is not right and in most of the world it is a crime.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 AM

81 posts, read 134,710 times
What about the story last year of a Muslim woman who was raped, saw her toddler beat to death, and was then jailed?

Islamization Watch: Woman raped, saw son die - then jailed : Insight raw Islam

What about the story of the woman in Saudi Arabia who was gang-raped and [because she had sex in public] was consequently jailed and assigned 200 lashes?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/16/wo...t/16saudi.html

"If my wife goes to the bazaar without my permission, I will kill her. This is our culture," Abdul Qayum shouted scornfully.

Islamic women are expected to be subordinate to men at all times. In more strict societies, women are not allowed outside without a male family member and are not allowed alone with a male other than their husband. Women have actually been raped, beaten, and murdered for being out alone. The term karikaro, meaning black, is the term for a crime against a woman who disobeyed her husband or one of these rules. Karikaro is usually forgiven and goes unpunished.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,808,697 times
elwill wrote:
Quote:
existence of nude beach or open places for nudist and bear childrens out of marriage are inconceivable in islamic worlds
it's different cultures , you have no right to impose your culture on us , or to decide that you have the perfect or suitable culture for all the world

what is suitable for us not suitable for you , and what suitable for you not suitable for us .
I agree that we don't have the right to impose our culture on you and I wouldn't expect that islamic nations want to be just like Europe or America but when a woman is lashed 200 times just for being in a car of an unrelated man then I believe it's a human rights issue. What in the world is wrong with young men and women wanting to make friends and socialize? It's a normal and healthy thing to do.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
Any man that beats and rapes women is a coward. That's right, a F*&%@#g coward.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well in the modern world it will almost certainly destroy the family...You just don't seem to get it. No person has the right to lay hands on another. It is not right and in most of the world it is a crime.
do you mean that families in muslims societies are more destroyable than families in the west ???

what about your saying that "to lay hand on another is crime " i really didn't feel myself gave the rights for anyone to lay his hand on another , where i wrote that ?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,808,697 times
spacecowboy40 wrote:
Quote:
Any man that beats and rapes women is a coward. That's right, a F*&%@#g coward.
I agree and I also believe that any nation that institutes physical punishment against women such as the 200 lashes is a nation whose men are cowards. They're so insecure that they might lose their power over women that they literally beat them into submission.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
elwill wrote:

I agree that we don't have the right to impose our culture on you and I wouldn't expect that islamic nations want to be just like Europe or America but when a woman is lashed 200 times just for being in a car of an unrelated man then I believe it's a human rights issue. What in the world is wrong with young men and women wanting to make friends and socialize? It's a normal and healthy thing to do.

this laws not common in islamic countries , it's a local laws in saudia .
they have theire purposes and their insight
for example , the major reason for this rap to happenes is that she sat with her raper lonely in his car with her own will

so may be they issued this laws to prohibit such crimes in their societies . each country have it's priority

anyway , it's known laws in saudia and she violated it , so that she deserved the punishment
if you differ about the existence of this law , so it's another thing
i can differ with your laws and you can differ with my laws but afterall we should to respect and submit to the laws of countries , don't you agree with me ?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM

30,895 posts, read 31,799,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
do you mean that families in muslims societies are more destroyable than families in the west ???

what about your saying that "to lay hand on another is crime " i really didn't feel myself gave the rights for anyone to lay his hand on another , where i wrote that ?
I said nothing about Muslim families being more "destroyable", but keeping a family together by the use of fear, violence or domination is not my ideal of a family. A family should consist of a group of free individuals who stay together because they respect and love one another.

I'm not sure you said that it is a crime for anyone to lay hands on another, but if you did why are you defending that crime as a husband or wifes right?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
violence or domination is not my ideal of a family. A family should consist of a group of free individuals who stay together because they respect and love one another.
actually i agree with you 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or