U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM

4,047 posts, read 4,486,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
husband should to be lenient and tolerant off course
If they wait until tomorrow as the woman wishes, then the husband would not have his desire fulfilled as he wishes.

If a man calls his wife to bed and she refuses, and then he sleeps angry, the angels shall curse her until he awakens.” According to this passage, if the woman has her desires fulfilled by them waiting until tomorrow, when the man wants it tonight, she is cursed.

So if a woman gives in to the man's desires and has sex that night, but doesn't really enjoy it, would the man be cursed for not fulfilling the woman's desires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If they wait until tomorrow as the woman wishes, then the husband would not have his desire fulfilled as he wishes.

If a man calls his wife to bed and she refuses, and then he sleeps angry, the angels shall curse her until he awakens.” According to this passage, if the woman has her desires fulfilled by them waiting until tomorrow, when the man wants it tonight, she is cursed.

So if a woman gives in to the man's desires and has sex that night, but doesn't really enjoy it, would the man be cursed for not fulfilling the woman's desires?
you know , the discussion going to be silly
but anyway i think that if she is tired or has problems to fulfill his desire , he will not sleep angry

Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM

5,006 posts, read 13,857,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Nice attempt at a cheap shot. But I'm not aware of anywhere in the Bible where beating or raping of a one's wife is encouraged or allowed.
Well, lets see, you can ravish them and then kill them. and you can sell them into slavery.

Isaiah 13:16

Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Zechariah 14:2

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

"Ravish" means rape. read this comparison of islam and then the bible

Biblical God Orders The Rape of Women In Islam the men are punished; in the bible they are not. and there are more scriptures than I quoted. But maybe you don't look things up. Just maybe?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM

4,253 posts, read 5,442,272 times
I've been reading the Muslim posts on here and I have to say they haven't made a great case for Islam. I understand that this is what you are taught to believe but it's so obvious from your posts that women are still thought of as the property of the man. I'm sorry but my western mind can not accept this line of reasoning. To even feel it is OK to tap her lightly is backward in my mind. It is missing the point entirely. A women is the equal of a man in my opinion and nobody has the right to punish another for being disobedient outside of the criminal justice system. I light tap can be even more humiliating than a punch in the face, just as damaging psychologically. It's saying you are my property and you have no will of your own, you will obey me. I will not hurt you because I am a kind and loving master but I will give you this light tap of rebuke like the naughty child that you are. Can't you see how wrong this is?

As to the rape it is the same thing. I am your master and you will bend to my needs and wishes and I will have no regard for yours because to even consider such a thing is ridiculous.

I think that there are ways that the Christian bible can be interpreted to incite the same behaviour but most people who are Christian are raised in a society where these things have become unacceptable. There are those of course who will behave this way and this is what I was hoping to hear from the Muslims. That this guy is just a radical who is teaching erroneously, but you seem to be defending it with only small concessions as to how harsh the husband should be.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
. I light tap can be even more humiliating than a punch in the face, just as damaging psychologically. It's saying you are my property and you have no will of your own, you will obey me. I will not hurt you because I am a kind and loving master but I will give you this light tap of rebuke like the naughty child that you are. Can't you see how wrong this is?

the main purpose of the light tap is not to cause pain or humiliation but to draw the attention in order to save the marriage
do you think a light tap is too much to save family life

Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Does the woman have the right to beat the man lightly if he disobeys her?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
so muslim men shouldn't "beat" their wives, as the koran says? Just answer the question, please.

a light tap

Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,746,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Isn't this what the Old Testament teaches as well?

It indeed is. That is because Yahweh and Allah are both the same being, the great satan who created the world. Yaldabaoth, the evil one is hatred and darkness and oppression, and he loved to sow hatred darkness and oppression. Rape is pleasing to the creator, as is murder, war, famine, plague, desolation and all other things that plague man. The Koran, the Old Testament, etc are all the ideas of Satan, the creator, who, from reading both books, we can clearly see views us as his play things gets a kick out of strife.

Notice that Jesus never said to go out and rape anyone? Neither did Buddha or Lao Tzu or Mani. That is because they are the ones who speak the words of GOD, and not the petty, cruel creator.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:16 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,746,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I've been reading the Muslim posts on here and I have to say they haven't made a great case for Islam. I understand that this is what you are taught to believe but it's so obvious from your posts that women are still thought of as the property of the man. I'm sorry but my western mind can not accept this line of reasoning. To even feel it is OK to tap her lightly is backward in my mind. It is missing the point entirely. A women is the equal of a man in my opinion and nobody has the right to punish another for being disobedient outside of the criminal justice system. I light tap can be even more humiliating than a punch in the face, just as damaging psychologically. It's saying you are my property and you have no will of your own, you will obey me. I will not hurt you because I am a kind and loving master but I will give you this light tap of rebuke like the naughty child that you are. Can't you see how wrong this is?

As to the rape it is the same thing. I am your master and you will bend to my needs and wishes and I will have no regard for yours because to even consider such a thing is ridiculous.

I think that there are ways that the Christian bible can be interpreted to incite the same behaviour but most people who are Christian are raised in a society where these things have become unacceptable. There are those of course who will behave this way and this is what I was hoping to hear from the Muslims. That this guy is just a radical who is teaching erroneously, but you seem to be defending it with only small concessions as to how harsh the husband should be.

The problem is, that society changes, the scripture does not. In the Koran and the Old Testament it says that a man can beat up and rape his wife. PERIOD. We can disagree with it all we want, but that is just the way it is written. So people should either say "yahh...my religion does teach that" and live with it or find another religion.

Might I add that, in Gnostic Chrisianity, men and women are equal and always have been, which is one of the reasons why the "church fathers" in the second and third centuries were so at arms against the Gnostics.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM

787 posts, read 1,546,804 times
Quote:
anyway i confess that man have the right to have his sexual wishes fulfilled
oh dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or