Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 AM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They are not assumptions...They are facts.
Ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
Everyone has an agenda. But mine is not especially extremist. What is extremist about advocating a secular form of government in which people enjoy freedom of religion, freedom of speech, no government endorsement of any religion, equal rights etc., with the only limit that no one may use their particular faith to impede the freedom of others.

I am still more interested in finding out how you support your statement that a raped woman in Australia is no better off than one in an Islamic country. Since you clearly want to prove too much, what is your agenda?
Yes yes, you're making all the right noises I'm just not sure what part of we don't have anything further to discuss you didn't get?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:30 AM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yes yes, you're making all the right noises I'm just not sure what part of we don't have anything further to discuss you didn't get?
I didn't get anything about your post, because you refuse to explain your views, or what supposed agenda of mine you find so offensive. I suppose it is your right to be childish.

Back to the discussion.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
I didn't get anything about your post, because you refuse to explain your views, or what supposed agenda of mine you find so offensive. I suppose it is your right to be childish.

Back to the discussion.
I refuse to explain them to YOU because it's appears to be like rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. FUTILE. Why don't you just go with whatever it is you've assumed and just attribute it me. I really don't care. From the moment you decided to engage me I was aware this would not be an adult discussion. **shrug**

Oh and if you're not listening and you're stuck in sweeping generalizations and assumptions it's not a "discussion".

And yes FINALLY I agree with you on something, back to the discussion.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:33 AM

274 posts, read 239,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the main purpose of the light tap is not to cause pain or humiliation but to draw the attention in order to save the marriage
do you think a light tap is too much to save family life
If any man gives me a tap, light or otherwise, the relationship is over. If you are married to someone delivering the "light tap," the family is beyond saving. If there is, indeed, a family involved, i.e., children, then you can bet your life I'm getting my children out of the way of the "tap."

Send ye to a counselor!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoKey View Post
If any man gives me a tap, light or otherwise, the relationship is over. If you are married to someone delivering the "light tap," the family is beyond saving. If there is, indeed, a family involved, i.e., children, then you can bet your life I'm getting my children out of the way of the "tap."

Send ye to a counselor!
do you realize the reasons for the light tap

Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
elwill wrote:
Quote:
The woman was sentenced to 200 lashes because she was in an unrelated man's car.
The rape victim was punished for violating Saudi Arabia's laws on segregation that forbid unrelated men and women from associating with each other.
Do you realize that this segregation of unrelated men and women is something that is inconceivable in the rest of the world? That means women can't even date and have a normal social life. These laws are barbaric and Saudi Arabia is a backwards nation. It should be none of any government's business who it's citizens associate with.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoKey View Post

Send ye to a counselor!
the life not very easy , the problems usually happens in homes
if the light tab not to cause pain or humiliation but to draw the attention in order to save the marriage , so it can happened by the wife either if she can save the marriage .

if two close friends differed about something , so there must be one of them submit to or convince the other , if two of them became stubborn their friendship may be destroyed

so that God recommended the rightious women to be that one who submit to her husband if differs raised between them and God gave her glad tiding for that , and if the husband is the unjust one , so God will get back her rights in the judgement day and will reward her for her patience

in the other side God recommend the men to fear God in their treatment their wifes , and to not humiliate them or insult them or hurt them . and any man disobey God in his treatment with wife , he will be subjected to the punishment in the judgement day

why you can't ( or don't want) to understand the intensions from these teaching , its all about saving the family .

Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
do you realize the reasons for the light tap
There are no justifiable reasons. I am not a child. I will not be disciplined by anyone.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
the life not very easy , the problems usually happens in homes
if the light tab not to cause pain or humiliation but to draw the attention in order to save the marriage , so it can happened by the wife either if she can save the marriage .

if two close friends differed about something , so there must be one of them submit to or convince the other , if two of them became stubborn their friendship may be destroyed

so that God recommended the rightious women to be that one who submit to her husband if differs raised between them and God gave her glad tiding for that , and if the husband is the unjust one , so God will get back her rights in the judgement day and will reward her for her patience

in the other side God recommend the men to fear God in their treatment their wifes , and to not humiliate them or insult them or hurt them . and any man disobey God in his treatment with wife , he will be subjected to the punishment in the judgement day

why you can't ( or don't want) to understand the intensions from these teaching , its all about saving the family .
Your entire response is gibberish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam