U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,064,522 times
Reputation: 91

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
With all due respect, moonsun, you and the site you got this answer from is wrong. The Comforter spoken of was/is the Holy Spirit. He spoke through the writers of the NT.

With all due respect mzjamiedawn we believe in Jesus and also we believe in Muhammad .

our knowledge is more and correct a 100%

i can not talk about the Bible because i do not have the Knowledge

all what i know it is from God but currently it is not exactly the same as it was revealed from him and this one of the reasons that the Quran replaced all the previous holy books

when we say God then if the definition of the one who created us come to our hearts then we share the same God

but if the Jesus comes to the heart i think this the biggest achievement for Satan against human



the following links has really a great talk between a Christian and a Muslim and they both have a lot of knowledge regarding the bible

i am sure if you watch one you will see the rest

each one is about 3 hours .

and i think it has the most important talk between Christian and a Muslim


YouTube - Is the bible the word of God - Deedat vs Sjoberg - 2 of 24


YouTube - Is Jesus God? - Deedat vs Sjoberg 8 of 30


YouTube - Bible God's Word? - Deedat vs Swaggart 6 of 23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,490,371 times
Reputation: 579
mzjamiedawn, I agree with you on the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,490,371 times
Reputation: 579
The comforter is the Holy Spirit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
 
3,651 posts, read 8,305,709 times
Reputation: 2763
Quote:
i can not talk about the Bible because i do not have the Knowledge
Yet you continue talking. This would be like me saying I know a better way to speak French even though I don't know how to speak it in the first place.


Quote:
but if the Jesus comes to the heart i think this the biggest achievement for Satan against human
Yeah I read where all these Christians are going around blowing up buildings and subways and cutting people's heads off because Jesus preached all that "kill your enemies" stuff



You're right about one thing though: regarding the Bible (and therefore Jesus), you surely "do not have the knowledge." Try reading it, studying it, and actually thinking about it with at least a little objectivity and get back to us.

Did Orwell come to mind to anyone else while reading this stuff? yikes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,064,522 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
You're right about one thing though: regarding the Bible (and therefore Jesus), you surely "do not have the knowledge."
i gave you links for the muslim who know the Bible


and who is giving proofs that the current Bible is not the original one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,064,522 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
So because Mel Gibson had this actor translate God as Allah, we should automatically assume Islam is the correct religion?
.

do you think they did as a courtesy for Muslims or based on documents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,872,751 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
With all due respect mzjamiedawn we believe in Jesus and also we believe in Muhammad .

I never said you didn't. You don't believe in everything the Bible says about Jesus, but I do know that you believe in Jesus.

our knowledge is more and correct a 100%

In your opinion. Just like in my opinion, I believe my knowledge is more and correct 100%.

i can not talk about the Bible because i do not have the Knowledge

all what i know it is from God but currently it is not exactly the same as it was revealed from him and this one of the reasons that the Quran replaced all the previous holy books

I disagree 100%. I believe the Bible is still the inerrant Word of God, and that the Quran was written by man alone.

when we say God then if the definition of the one who created us come to our hearts then we share the same God

but if the Jesus comes to the heart i think this the biggest achievement for Satan against human

And that is why you aren't a Christian, obviously. Just as I think if you believe in Muhammad, Satan has deceived you badly.


the following links has really a great talk between a Christian and a Muslim and they both have a lot of knowledge regarding the bible

i am sure if you watch one you will see the rest

each one is about 3 hours .

and i think it has the most important talk between Christian and a Muslim


YouTube - Is the bible the word of God - Deedat vs Sjoberg - 2 of 24


YouTube - Is Jesus God? - Deedat vs Sjoberg 8 of 30


YouTube - Bible God's Word? - Deedat vs Swaggart 6 of 23
I thank you very much for posting the links, however I will not spend 9 hours of my time on it. I do not need another man to tell me what the Bible says. I can read it for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,872,751 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
do you think they did as a courtesy for Muslims or based on documents
No, I think Mel Gibson tried to the best of his ability to recreate the story of Jesus. It some ways he did a great job, and failed in others. Mel Gibson is not the final authority on the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
 
4,253 posts, read 5,442,272 times
Reputation: 10299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
God the Father is Abba. All the same thing.

I think you all missed something very important here...

Abba is God!!!!

Not the holy trinity, but the holy quartet. I'll never listen to "Dancing Queen" in the same way again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
Reputation: 3984
One other little thing on the historical timeline here, the theoretical geezus predates mohamed and his interpretation of ah-la, islam is the younger of the theologies, they did not interact at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top