U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM

7 posts, read 10,607 times

Advertisements

[CENTER][SIZE=5] [/SIZE][SIZE=5]JESUS in the QURAN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
[LEFT]The Islamic view of Jesus lies between two extremes. The Jews , who rejected Jesus as a Prophet of God, called him an impostor. The Christians, on the other hand, considered him to be the son of God and worship him as such. Islam considers Jesus to be one of the great prophets of God and respects him as much as Ibrahim (Abraham), Moses, and Mohammed. (Peace Be Upon Them) This is conformity with the Islamic view of the oneness of God, the oneness of Divine guidance, and the complementary role of the subsequent mission of God's messengers.

http://www.saaid.net/islam/6.htm

Last edited by Alpha8207; 02-11-2009 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: copy/paste from website-link provided
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 AM

3,586 posts, read 5,490,371 times
Yes, Christians see Jesus as the son of God, but He is also God. It says it in the bible. Jesus has so many names. Know one has a problem when He calls himself the Light, Good Shepherd, King, Judge, Rock, Christ, Gate and so on.

But when He calls Himself God, The beginning and the End, Creator, Immanuel, Author of Life, Author and Perfector of Our Faith, then people have problems. They have problems with these names because they see these names pertaining to God, and when Jesus uses these names or people in the bible uses these to describe Jesus then people get upset.

So when Jesus called Himself God, was he lieing, NO. People just have a problem with excepting Jesus diety as being one with the Father. There are some that just want to call Jesus a Prophet, and he was also a Prophet as well as The Almighty God. There are so many scripture that prove that He is God, because He said it Hisself. So either people believe it, or Jesus was lieing. But God can not lie, so that ends that.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM

In this scripture it shows that Jesus is the Son of God and God.

Hebrews 1:5-8
For which of the angels did God ever say, " You are my Son; today I have become your Father; Or again " I will be His Father, and He will be my Son" And again, When God brings His firstborn into the world, he says "Let all God's angels worship Him" In speaking to the angels He says, "He makes His angels winds, His servants flames of fire" (But about the Son He says), Your throne,( O God), will last for ever and ever, and righteous will be the sceptor of your kingdom.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 PM

995 posts, read 1,201,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, Christians see Jesus as the son of God, but He is also God. It says it in the bible. Jesus has so many names. Know one has a problem when He calls himself the Light, Good Shepherd, King, Judge, Rock, Christ, Gate and so on.

But when He calls Himself God, The beginning and the End, Creator, Immanuel, Author of Life, Author and Perfector of Our Faith, then people have problems. They have problems with these names because they see these names pertaining to God, and when Jesus uses these names or people in the bible uses these to describe Jesus then people get upset.

So when Jesus called Himself God, was he lieing, NO. People just have a problem with excepting Jesus diety as being one with the Father. There are some that just want to call Jesus a Prophet, and he was also a Prophet as well as The Almighty God. There are so many scripture that prove that He is God, because He said it Hisself. So either people believe it, or Jesus was lieing. But God can not lie, so that ends that.
Its just that one has trouble accepting the fact that a God (Jesus) doesn't even know when the world will end when asked and instead told them that only the Father knows; which is contradictory in itself as the Father is Jesus too right?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 AM

2,880 posts, read 6,168,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Its just that one has trouble accepting the fact that a God (Jesus) doesn't even know when the world will end when asked and instead told them that only the Father knows; which is contradictory in itself as the Father is Jesus too right?
The Trinity is indeed a huge mystery to us and no one understands it. But it is not the only one. How can God/Allah have always existed? Having no beginning and no end? Mysteries like these shouldn't be used as proof just because we don't understand something. Since you brought them up, the fact that Jesus is completely human (complete with temptations) and also divine (with power to resist these) is another one that is beyond our understanding. But are you to tell me that everything the the Quran is crystal clear?

Contradictions seemingly appear in the natural world also, you don't have to look any further than quantum physics for this.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:00 AM

In Hebrew 1:5-9

If you read this scripture in the bible, God is calling the Son, Jesus, God

Old 02-18-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
In Hebrew 1:5-9

If you read this scripture in the bible, God is calling the Son, Jesus, God
God speaking to himself or is there 2 essences (God, Jesus)? If there are 2 essences they can't both be the same persons right?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 AM

2,880 posts, read 6,168,304 times
John 10:25-30
25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
God speaking to himself or is there 2 essences (God, Jesus)? If there are 2 essences they can't both be the same persons right?
They are one in essence, not separate. One can't be one without the other. There is only one God, and he manifested himself in three persons.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-18-2009 at 02:43 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
The are one in essence, not separate. One can't be one without the other. There is only one God, and he manifested himself in three persons.
I'm sorry but this concept just doesn't do it for me. To me there's no need for God to do that ie manifest into 3 different beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam