U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,493,848 times

Advertisements

Yes, you are a son of God, but there is only one Begotten Son of God and that is Jesus. God gave His name, and it does not translate back to allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
What proof do you have to show that Judas was crucified in Jesus' place?

As for the nature of God? We do believe in 1 God, too. That one God has 3 natures--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It's spelled out in the Bible that all 3 are God.

In any event, God is much more holy and loving than Allah. What has the koran ever stated that Allah has done? It's up to you to work your way to allah. The Bible states that God became a man to die to pay the penalty for your sin--so he's more loving than Allah could ever be, yet he's also just--requiring justice for offenses done to him.

the proof i have is the same type of proof you have
the holy book the quran

but the quran does not say who is the one that was crucified

but history does

but the history is not 100% correct as the quran
the history gave more than one story regarding the man who Allah made his face look like the face of Jesus

and frankly my heart does not accept the other stories except this one

the Islamic history says

Some of the Christians claim that Judas Iscariot – who is the one who led the Jews to ‘Eesa – is the one who was made to look like ‘Eesa so they crucified him, and he said: I am not the one you want, I am the one who led you to him. Allah knows best what really happened. End quote.

you said
As for the nature of God? We do believe in 1 God, too. That one God has 3 natures--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It's spelled out in the Bible that all 3 are God.

you got this believe from the bible

that means one of two things
1- the verses that make you believe such thing are not from Jesus but from bad translator or from the mind of some one

2- you understand the bible not the way it should be

here is what Allah is saying regarding trinity

4:171 O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One Allah. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

In any event, God is much more holy and loving than allah.

we were created by the same God
so our God is the same but you do not know that one of his name is Allah
but i know because i have the last book from him i speak the same language that God used for the Quran

beside God has so many names
for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names

17:110 Say: "Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between."

17:111 Say: "Praise be to Allah, who begets no son, and has no partner in (His) dominion: Nor (needs) He any to protect Him from humiliation: yea, magnify Him for His greatness and glory!"

Old 02-17-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Moonsun said..."the one who was on the cross was not jesus
but he was having the face of jesus and i think may be thats why the christians believe that jesus was crossed"

No, Moonsun. Not only is the Quran's teaching that Jesus did not die on the cross, but the man on the cross had the face of Jesus ridiculous...BUT you're also wrong that Christians believe that Jesus was crucified because of this "trick" that you claim God played on man.

We believe Jesus was crucified on the cross because God said so. I thought muslims believe the gospels are God's Word? Maybe not. Anyway, the gospels, inspired by God, tell us it was Jesus who was on that cross. God didn't play a big game.
if you want to call trick then it was trick on the roman soldiers who want to kill Jesus and it is a punishment for the Traitor.

we muslims believe that the gospel is God's Word

the gospel of jesus the correct one not the changed one

please read the following links

Islam Question and Answer - Belief in the Books and Messengers

Islam Question and Answer - The reality of belief in the Books

Islam Question and Answer - Discussion with a Christian about the Crucifixion

Islam Question and Answer - The Gospels that are extant nowadays were written after the time of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and have been tampered with a great deal

Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, you are a son of God, but there is only one Begotten Son of God and that is Jesus. God gave His name, and it does not translate back to allah.

the bible is not the only holy book and it is not exactly as it should be

there is also the quran

1 Say: He is Allah, the One!
2 Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
3 He begetteth not nor was begotten.
4 And there is none comparable unto Him.

88 And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son.

89 Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing

90 Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins,

91 That ye ascribe unto the Beneficent a son,

92 When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son.

93 There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave.

94 Verily He knoweth them and numbereth them with (right) numbering.

95 And each one of them will come unto Him on the Day of Resurrection, alone.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,493,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the bible is not the only holy book and it is not exactly as it should be

there is also the quran

1 Say: He is Allah, the One!
2 Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
3 He begetteth not nor was begotten.
4 And there is none comparable unto Him.

88 And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son.

89 Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing

90 Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins,

91 That ye ascribe unto the Beneficent a son,

92 When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son.

93 There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave.

94 Verily He knoweth them and numbereth them with (right) numbering.

95 And each one of them will come unto Him on the Day of Resurrection, alone.
Know the bible is not the only book. God's word came from the Jewish people. God gave his Word to his chosen people at a perticular time. If you translate back to the orginal, the name allah just does not fit.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 AM

2,529 posts, read 3,874,842 times
Moonsun said...

"the Islamic history says

Some of the Christians claim that Judas Iscariot – who is the one who led the Jews to ‘Eesa – is the one who was made to look like ‘Eesa so they crucified him, and he said: I am not the one you want, I am the one who led you to him. Allah knows best what really happened. End quote."

I have never met a single Christian EVER to claim this. Judas killed himself after he betrayed Jesus. Did he rise from the dead?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Again, moonsun, the Quran contradicts the Bible about Jesus' divinity, and about His death.

We were speaking of Revelation chapter 1.

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The same One who spoke the above also spoke this...

8 I am Alpha and Omega (the beginning and the ending), saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So who spoke it? You say it was God. But you also say God did not die, so He couldn't have said verse 18. So who did?
Still waiting for the answer to this one.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
if you want to call trick then it was trick on the roman soldiers who want to kill Jesus and it is a punishment for the Traitor.

we muslims believe that the gospel is God's Word

the gospel of jesus the correct one not the changed one

please read the following links

Islam Question and Answer - Belief in the Books and Messengers

Islam Question and Answer - The reality of belief in the Books

Islam Question and Answer - Discussion with a Christian about the Crucifixion

Islam Question and Answer - The Gospels that are extant nowadays were written after the time of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and have been tampered with a great deal
So you're saying God is a liar. He lied in the Bible about crucifying His Son, but told the truth in the Quran?

Let me ask you this. Why did God "trick" them? What was the purpose of making people believe that Jesus was being crucified, but in reality it was another?

Do you realize your above statement sounds exactly like what mormons say? They say..."We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." Note, you both say "as long as it's translated correctly", but neither of you say the same about your own book. The Book of Mormon came after the Quran. How do you know it isn't God's final word?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Moonsun said...

"the Islamic history says

Some of the Christians claim that Judas Iscariot – who is the one who led the Jews to ‘Eesa – is the one who was made to look like ‘Eesa so they crucified him, and he said: I am not the one you want, I am the one who led you to him. Allah knows best what really happened. End quote."

I have never met a single Christian EVER to claim this. Judas killed himself after he betrayed Jesus. Did he rise from the dead?

not the current Christians but the Christians of more than 1000 years ago

Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for the answer to this one.

all what i am sure is the bible is not 100% correct
and jesus was not crucified and was not died and he never died yet
and he is up in heaven and he will come one day to kill the anti christ
and he will stay for 40 years and then die for first time
and jesus is not God and not son of God

4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam