U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,092,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
and frankly my heart does not accept the other stories except this one

the Islamic history says

That's really the issue. You refuse to believe the Bible, and would rather believe a book written several hundred years later by some guy.

The koran doesn't compare to the Bible. Sorry...it just doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 08:59 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Quote:
the bible is not the only holy book and it is not exactly as it should be

there is also the quran.
You make this claim, and then you imply that the quran is the correct source. Why should anyone believe that? Some people believe one thing, some people believe another. Some believe in neither. Your throwing endless quotations at everyone does not make your case, if you didn't realize this.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:12 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
So you're saying God is a liar. He lied in the Bible about crucifying His Son, but told the truth in the Quran?

Let me ask you this. Why did God "trick" them? What was the purpose of making people believe that Jesus was being crucified, but in reality it was another?

Do you realize your above statement sounds exactly like what mormons say? They say..."We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." Note, you both say "as long as it's translated correctly", but neither of you say the same about your own book. The Book of Mormon came after the Quran. How do you know it isn't God's final word?
i am saying the bible is wrong
and i did not call it a trick
i said if you want to call it a trick then it is a trick on those who wanted to kill jesus only

God wanted to save jesus from the killers
of course God can kill them all but that was the way he saved jesus and jesus gone up to heaven

i know nothing about mormons

the quran is the final Holy book
and the quran replaced all the previous holy books

the prophet muhammad became a prophet after jesus peace be upon them after 610 years and he is the final prophet

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
That's really the issue. You refuse to believe the Bible, and would rather believe a book written several hundred years later by some guy.

The koran doesn't compare to the Bible. Sorry...it just doesn't.

i was refering to the history not to the quran

the quran is correct 100%
the history is not

the quran did not say the name of the man who got the face of jesus

but the history mentioned more one story
Islam Question and Answer - Who was the person who was made to resemble ‘Eesa (peace be upon him)?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You make this claim, and then you imply that the quran is the correct source. Why should anyone believe that? Some people believe one thing, some people believe another. Some believe in neither. Your throwing endless quotations at everyone does not make your case, if you didn't realize this.

the quotations is a translation for God saying or the prophet saying
and when God say some thing or the prophet say some thing it will not be like any one else saying and it might have a positive impact and might unlock some hearts
and the main source of a religion is God saying and prophet saying

Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 AM

2,529 posts, read 3,873,031 times
Moonsun,
This is why we will just keep going around and around on everything.

Christians believe the Bible to be the true Word of God, and that we don't need anything else. Everything we need is in the Bible.

Then you have the Muslims, who believe that only part of the Bible is God's word, and Muhammad was another prophet who brought the Quran.

Then you have the Mormons, who believe that the Bible is God's word only when translated correctly, and Joseph Smith was another prophet who brought the Book of Mormon.

You have the Seventh Day Adventists, who believe Ellen White was a prophetess and believe in her writings.

The list could go on. But for Christians, who believe the whole Bible is the word of God, we do not need any other writings, especially those that contradict the Bible like the Quran does. Obviously we're going to reject any teaching that contradicts the Bible.

I totally understand that you will continue to teach on here, just as I, and others, will continue to show where you're wrong.

But think of this... when backed in a corner over Revelation chapter 1, you said it was God saying He is the Alpha and Omega, but when I showed you then that God would have had to die, you couldn't explain it. You just went back to what the Quran says about the matter of Jesus, which totally contradicts the gospels.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,092,859 times
Quote:
i was refering to the history not to the quran

Would you like me to post some stuff that shows it isn't 100% correct?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Quote:
the history is not
So you say.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post

But think of this... when backed in a corner over Revelation chapter 1, you said it was God saying He is the Alpha and Omega, but when I showed you then that God would have had to die, you couldn't explain it. You just went back to what the Quran says about the matter of Jesus, which totally contradicts the gospels.

I am the first and last and I was dead and I am alive evermore.

here is the answer from expert

What does the Bible say about Jesus?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Would you like me to post some stuff that shows it isn't 100% correct?
show me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam