U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM

604 posts, read 982,394 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.

FULL ARTICLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Not to be outdone, click -------------> HERE

Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,816,280 times
There are already2 other threads on this topic.
What does one have to do with the other?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There are already2 other threads on this topic.
What does one have to do with the other?

Where Chielgirl?

They really don't have anything to do with each other per se. It's just than on CNN the two stories were side by side so I decided to post the other one.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,179,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Where Chielgirl?

They really don't have anything to do with each other per se. It's just than on CNN the two stories were side by side so I decided to post the other one.
Thankfully most people can see through these nut jobs to the truth.There are muslim people who are fine but the radicals most wont follow especially in the U.S./ A few years back in Long Island,NY word got out in the papers that the KKK was going to make an appearance at the Smithhaven Mall in Lake Grove,NY. Needless to say after it came out a load of protestors wound up there and the KKK was never heard about again on Long Island.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,573,472 times
This man obviously is a nut case.

The poor wife and even worse off will be the children who now have no mother and no father.

So much for an order of protection.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 PM

706 posts, read 1,342,213 times
In a free society, you could choose to follow Sharia and accept all of its consequences. That's right, people have a right to sign a contract consenting to being beheaded. I don't this this was the case in this situation though.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM

2,255 posts, read 4,891,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.

FULL ARTICLE

Not to be out done click here . . .
Wedding dispute leads to beheadings in India - CNN.com
The Bible has recorded two events of pagan rulers who celebrated their birthdays, Pharaoh and Herod, and both events marked by the beheading of someone. Saying Happy Birthday will never sound or mean the same again.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,039,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
The Bible has recorded two events of pagan rulers who celebrated their birthdays, Pharaoh and Herod, and both events marked by the beheading of someone. Saying Happy Birthday will never sound or mean the same again.
well, I suppose it could always be worse, just think if somehow it became habitual to behead people at birthdays, kinda like candles on a cake, one for each year, Methusula (sp) could have wiped out a small village! Actually, I suspect that there are some fundamentalist christers out there that could possibly convince themselves that this would be a good idea, yup, celebrating the old fashion way. I think I'll stick with ice cream and cake, losing another skirmish to the battle of the bulge.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:38 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,573,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
well, I suppose it could always be worse, just think if somehow it became habitual to behead people at birthdays, kinda like candles on a cake, one for each year, Methusula (sp) could have wiped out a small village! Actually, I suspect that there are some fundamentalist christers out there that could possibly convince themselves that this would be a good idea, yup, celebrating the old fashion way. I think I'll stick with ice cream and cake, losing another skirmish to the battle of the bulge.
Yeah wasn't Methuselah the one who lived to be 966 or something?

And I thought my son's Birthday Spanks were violent.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or