U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,030,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
unfortunately my idea is one way ticket only
once you are in the future i can not bring you back
and i do not think it is possible to go to the past

but you can travel up to 300 years in maximum one day or less (relatively)

i was not serious regarding selling the idea commercially

but my main point is to draw the attention to the scientific hints in the Quran to help the none believers to believe in the book of God and to believe in him and in all his prophets

here is my idea

in the Quran there is a story about a group of people called the people of the cave

they went to cave to hide and rest and they had a dog with them

in the cave they wanted to sleep so they did sleep normally

but God did some thing to their ears and that caused them to sleep for more than 300 years

and during this 300 years and while they were sleeping God maintained their bodies in order to stay normal

and during this 300 years they did not need to eat or drink and they did not wake up

so if we know exactly the way God treated their ears and the maintenance procedures while they were sleeping then we can simulate the same thing

here the verses from the quran

Then We draw (a veil) over their ears, for a number of years, in the Cave, (so that they heard not):
Thou wouldst have seen the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their Cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left, while they lay in the open space in the midst of the Cave. Such are among the Signs of Allah. He whom Allah, guides is rightly guided; but he whom Allah leaves to stray,- for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.

Thou wouldst have deemed them awake, whilst they were asleep, and We turned them on their right and on their left sides: their dog stretching forth his two fore-legs on the threshold: if thou hadst come up on to them, thou wouldst have certainly turned back from them in flight, and wouldst certainly have been filled with terror of them.

Such (being their state), we raised them up (from sleep), that they might question each other. Said one of them, "How long have ye stayed (here)?" They said, "We have stayed (perhaps) a day, or part of a day." (At length) they (all) said, "(Allah) (alone) knows best how long ye have stayed here.... Now send ye then one of you with this money of yours to the town: let him find out which is the best food (to be had) and bring some to you, that (ye may) satisfy your hunger therewith: And let him behave with care and courtesy, and let him not inform any one about you.

So they stayed in their Cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more)
Surah and verse numbers please I havent read my Quran in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Surah and verse numbers please I havent read my Quran in a while.
it's from chapter called "the cave" 18 :16-19

Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
religious leaders get visions out of body and time travel and of the future, it shows up in other religious works as well.
i regret however that they rarely come with time lines or documentation of out of body, .
fyi i do not consider religious visions and belief in out of body or time travel to be scientific works. any more than KJV is a science or history book.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,085 times
moonsun , it's very great thoughtfull in the verses here , new scrutiny to me . thank you

may be these indications you refered to in the verses about how God kept them 309 years not proofed theortically or scientifically yet , but i believe that these verses containes some scientific theories which scientists have to works on it (whether to proof the quran or to refute it )

when i read the address of your thread , i thought you will talking about about the Meraj or the Ascension of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) when he went from Mecca to Jerusalem and from Jerusalem to the seven skies and returned, all the while his bed was still warm.

Now today it is possible to prove the fact of the Event of Miraj in the light of Modern Physics and universally accepted Special Theory of Relativity.

According to Special Theory of Relativity if a body travels with the velocity of light then Time Dilation and Relativity of Simultaneity occurs. Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was riding on the Buraq, and the speed (velocity) of the Buraq was similar or more than the speed (velocity) of light. Therefore, now we can easily understand that Time Dilation and Relativity of Simultaneity occurred during the Event of Miraj. Therefore, time seemed to be stop or a very short duration of time passed. (Allah knows the best)

Old 02-21-2009, 04:22 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,338,335 times
yup if I wait 5 minutes, i'll be 5 minutes into the future from this very moment. Amazing.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,065,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
moonsun , it's very great thoughtfull in the verses here , new scrutiny to me . thank you

may be these indications you refered to in the verses about how God kept them 309 years not proofed theortically or scientifically yet , but i believe that these verses containes some scientific theories which scientists have to works on it (whether to proof the quran or to refute it )
thank you elwill

the thread has more than one point

1- if some one sleeps for 100 years he will not feel that he spent 100 years but the time for him is one day or less (that is what i ment by traveling to the future)

2- the human body can stay a life without food or drink or feeding by any way for more than 300 years if the conditions in the verses applied

3- may be those who are in long time coma or in long period vegetative state have some thing in the brain linked with the ear

Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,065,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
yup if I wait 5 minutes, i'll be 5 minutes into the future from this very moment. Amazing.

if you wait 5 years while you were sleeping , it will be 5 minutes for you .

Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,050,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
That's the problem, one can not travel back in time, only forward.
Well of course, we are always traveling into the future, one second at a time, eventually one minute, then, approximately 59 minutes late, an hour, tis called life, it happens to all of us, the lucky ones enjoy the ride.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,257,815 times
Such vivid imagination's.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,802,802 times
I'm not buying the idea that any religious text can explain the relativity of time that Einstein discovered and became famous because of it. Obscure passages are being translated to have meanings that were never intended and the authors of any ancient religion clearly had no knowledge of relativity, the speed of light, and time dilation. Sorry guys, I'm not going for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or