U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 01:37 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,042,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Is the ultimate issue for the American Constitution one of Liberty or of Justice to the Egyptian general will? The rest is academic for how can an original constittuion exist in these times of the undecided will of sedition and/or assembly for appropriate discussion.
Say what? I have no clue what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,871,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Is the ultimate issue for the American Constitution one of Liberty or of Justice to the Egyptian general will? The rest is academic for how can an original constittuion exist in these times of the undecided will of sedition and/or assembly for appropriate discussion.
Question...do you really think you impress people talking like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Welll....Christianity did have a thousand years headstart..but like a bullet train...Islam is getting there...pulling ahead...yeah babbby!
Everyone has freewill, braderjoe. If one wants to accept Islam as truth, that is their decision, and I believe they have every right to do so. I would never want that freedom taken from me, so I pray it is never taken from anyone.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Say what? I have no clue what you're talking about.
Thank you, sususushi... I was beginning to think I'm more ignorant than I thought. (No one is allowed to comment on that! Haha)

Last edited by mzjamiedawn; 02-24-2009 at 02:35 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM

995 posts, read 1,201,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Everyone has freewill, braderjoe. If one wants to accept Islam as truth, that is their decision, and I believe they have every right to do so. I would never want that freedom taken from me, so I pray it is never taken from anyone.
Well said sir...i humbly agree

Btw..Isn't it time this thread is close?

Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Well said sir...i humbly agree

Btw..Isn't it time this thread is close?
I'm a ma'am.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,042,216 times
Quote:
Thank you, sususushi... I was beginning to think I'm more ignorant that I thought. (No one is allowed to comment on that! Haha)
No, I'm serious. I can't remember ever understanding one of his posts. It's like he makes a bunch of random comments and then runs it through babelfish four or five times before posting.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No, I'm serious. I can't remember ever understanding one of his posts. It's like he makes a bunch of random comments and then runs it through babelfish four or five times before posting.
Maybe its Amish..??

Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I'm a ma'am.
Ahhh....a lady...now that i see your nick...your nick reminds me of that tv character once so beloved in our country....jamie sommers aka the bionic woman

Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,135,316 times
Wow - the justifications on this thread!

Muslim man shoots wife. Okay. It happens. People wack out and do despicable things. That is how we all react.

Muslim man goes to the trouble to have a weapon around that will allow him to behead his wife. OOOPPPSSS. Different message altogether. Honor killing and - he used a method designed to create total terror in the community.

I would not say these two acts are calculated to send the same message.

Muslim man shoots his wife . . . he wanted her dead.

Muslim man beheads his wife . . . he was on a mission and carrying out a culturally ACCEPTABLE (in HIS CULTURE, not in America) method of ridding himself of his wife.

Plus, this is a man who supposedly wanted to build bridges between westerners and his own culture.

Yeah, that built a bridge alright - one I don't plan to ever traverse.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Wow - the justifications on this thread!

Muslim man shoots wife. Okay. It happens. People wack out and do despicable things. That is how we all react.

Muslim man goes to the trouble to have a weapon around that will allow him to behead his wife. OOOPPPSSS. Different message altogether. Honor killing and - he used a method designed to create total terror in the community.

I would not say these two acts are calculated to send the same message.

Muslim man shoots his wife . . . he wanted her dead.

Muslim man beheads his wife . . . he was on a mission and carrying out a culturally ACCEPTABLE (in HIS CULTURE, not in America) method of ridding himself of his wife.

Plus, this is a man who supposedly wanted to build bridges between westerners and his own culture.

Yeah, that built a bridge alright - one I don't plan to ever traverse.
Pray tell which culture it is that's acceptable for a man to behead his wife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or