U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,584,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
He didn't just kill his wife but did it Islamic style. That sends a strong message to the Western world and those who are wondering what the average muslim is all about.
I think the message he was sending was to his wife, as in, "You try to leave me and I'll kill you."

Not a particularly Islamic message.

Yeah, that's what the average muslim is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,584,964 times
Quote:
I think you are just nitpicking. The article is about an honor killing by a moderate muslim indicating that a trend is beginning to occur amongst moderates that was once limited to radical muslims.
Again, no it is not.

Here is a link in case you forgot which article we are talking about.

Headline: Abuse of U.S. Muslim Is Greater than Reported, Advocacy Groups say.

The article is about the abuse of Muslim women, and how it may be greater than statistics show.

It opens with an article about a Muslim woman who was abused by her husband for years and finally left him

It mentions that abuse may be going unreported, and cited various reasons for this.

The girls in Texas were mentioned, and the aunt mentioned that they were abused for years, and that this was an honor killing.

increase of Muslim women calling domestic abuse hotline, domestic abuse being acceptable in some cultures where the Muslims are from, stats on honor killings, (they said there were no reported honor killings in the US but the Texas girls might be the first ones), muslim victims of abuse are under psychological pressure, domestic abuse in every community, etc.

THAT is what the article is about, Domestic Violence against Muslim women.

FOXNews.com - Abuse of U.S. Muslim Women Is Greater Than Reported, Advocacy Groups Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327187,00.html - broken link)

Quote:
The three or four versions of the same article had different perspectives.....and yet all of the information in each article was true and forthright.
Again, three or four VERSIONS of the SAME article are NOT the same article, they are different articles utilizing the same quotes or similar quotes.

Quote:
So now can we carry on an intelligent conversation without tearing apart each and every word. You are wasting time.
This hasn't been an "intelligent conversation", and you have been wasting my time from the start. I am not nitpicking, just disputing what you are saying.

If I stood upon a table at the mall and stated what you've been saying about Muslims and inserted "black people", or any other group of people, instead of Muslim, I would be viewed as a bigot, because it is unacceptable to make statements about ENTIRE groups of people.

You just don't get it.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:35 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,259,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I think the message he was sending was to his wife, as in, "You try to leave me and I'll kill you."

Not a particularly Islamic message.

Yeah, that's what the average muslim is all about.
And yet he beheaded her islamic style. How quaint.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,259,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Believe what you like (quote any post where I say that Christians or any other religious group are second-class citizens and shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else).

As long as you're a bigot, you're always going to have people opposing you. Get used to it, we're not going away and we won't shut up about unfair treatment. We demand equal rights for everyone, and that includes no special treatment in government for any one religion and nobody being discriminated against for believing OR disbelieving. Too bad that chaps your hide, but that's not my problem. Your kind will die out soon enough.
Oh really, and yet I don't see you taking up a cause for muslim women around the world who are being molested and raped and are trapped in a violent religion. You just go from thread to thread opposing people.....not really benefiting anyone, just giving your opinion. Yeah, that's real humane.

Demand equal rights for everyone. That's a joke.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,042,077 times
Quote:
Actually I made a B in statistics

I assure you, there has been more than one occurrence. It's just under reported. Honor killings have occurred in New York, NJ and other places with large muslim communities but the media hasn't really jumped on the bandwagon until now. This moderate muslim took everyone by surprise because he was on a mission to portray Muslims in a more positive light. He did exactly what he has preached against for years. He didn't just kill his wife but did it Islamic style. That sends a strong message to the Western world and those who are wondering what the average muslim is all about. It's like these stupid televangelists that preach fire and brimstone while they are banging their secretaries behind the cameras.

They should all be exposed for what they are....frauds.
i searched on quran about beheading being an islamic style , i didn't find it.
rather i found that it's biblical style

mathew 14
Having been prompted by her mother, she said, “Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.” 9 Although he was grieved, the king commanded it to be given because of his oaths, and because of his dinner guests. 10 He sent and had John beheaded in the prison. 11 And his head was brought on a platter and given to the girl, and she brought it to her mother. 12 His disciples came and took away the body and buried it; and they went and reported to Jesus.

Revelation 20 -4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mrs mind , capital punishment under Jewish Law, focusing on the four biblical death penalties: stoning, burning , beheading , and strangulation.

so , so is it really islamic style or biblical style !

mrs mind , In England beheading was normally reserved for the high-born and it was last used in 1747.

The French Revolution is notorious for its use of the guillotine. In fact mechanical devices for beheading people had been used in various parts of Europe for centuries before the French Revolution. (One was recorded in Ireland as early as 1307).

The guillotine was last used in France in 1977. The French abolished capital punishment in 1981.

Last edited by elwill; 02-27-2009 at 11:29 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 PM

30,937 posts, read 31,833,210 times
Why then is beheading most commonly used today by Muslims? Beheadings are definitely mentioned in the Koran.

"When you encounter the unbelievers on the battlefield, strike off their heads until you have crushed them completely; then bind the prisoners tightly."

http://www.meforum.org/713/beheading...-name-of-islam

Old 02-28-2009, 12:37 AM

first of all , i just refute beheading style to be islamic , this style was common style in europ and in jews laws and it mentioned on your bible which exist pre_islam

people need to be carefull with their words and not to show thier ignorance .

as for your article , it talking about groups beheading in the name of islam , and i can give you some others beheaded in the name of christ . everyone trying to find justification for thier acts , but we didn't have to be fool and take thier justification as to be the truth or the facts

beside it mentioned that those terrorist beheading egyption man as well , just think about it
talking about terrorist is as talking about serial killers , they are crimers not religious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why then is beheading most commonly used today by Muslims? Beheadings are definitely mentioned in the Koran.

"When you encounter the unbelievers on the battlefield, strike off their heads until you have crushed them completely; then bind the prisoners tightly."

Beheading in the Name of Islam - Middle East Quarterly
unfortnately , the article didn't mention the entire verse , so that he can decieve the readers
let us test the verses as it is in the quran , he didn't mention place of this verse , but i think i know which one he refere to

47-4
So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them (means without muslims) , but that He may try some of you by means of others; And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.

can you imagine the wars by swords !!! when it say smite the necks it dosn't mean beheading as to separate the face from body

actually these verses show the mercifull of islam to the prisoners , not beheading them as those terrorists did , right ????
the terrorist just can decieve the ignorants with thier justifying

Old 02-28-2009, 01:15 AM

30,937 posts, read 31,833,210 times
I doubt if you can find many, if any Christian beheadings in modern times...

It is common practice today in some Muslim countries. This you cannot deny.

This is just one of many news articles that comes up when beheadings is searched on google.

Narathiwat, 26 Feb. (AKI) - Suspected Islamist rebels have decapitated three people in Thailand's Muslim dominated south in the past week, police said on Thursday.

Three people were killed late on Wednesday in the southern Thai province of Narathiwat, and one of the victims was decapitated, police said.

Forty-seven people, often soldiers, have been beheaded in Thailand's three Muslim-majority provinces of Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani since 2004.

Thailand: More beheadings in troubled Muslim south - Democratic Underground

Old 02-28-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:

It is common practice today in some Muslim countries. This you cannot deny.

This is just one of many news articles that comes up when beheadings is searched on google.

Narathiwat, 26 Feb. (AKI) - Suspected Islamist rebels have decapitated three people in Thailand's Muslim dominated south in the past week, police said on Thursday.

Three people were killed late on Wednesday in the southern Thai province of Narathiwat, and one of the victims was decapitated, police said.

Forty-seven people, often soldiers, have been beheaded in Thailand's three Muslim-majority provinces of Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani since 2004.

Thailand: More beheadings in troubled Muslim south - Democratic Underground

if you are going to talking about it as to be common practise , so show me some statistics not singular cases

thanx

Old 02-28-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:

New West Network | Northern Idaho Unfiltered | Beheading, Hooding, and Waterboarding: CIA Torture in Vietnam, Latin America, and Iraq

i don't think that CIA are islamist group !!!!!!!!!!!!

read this one either , but unfortunatly they didn't describe his religion , but i'm sure if he was muslim they could highlighted it

AFP: Canadian police charge 40-year-old man in bus beheading

Last edited by elwill; 02-28-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or