U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
Reputation: 4979

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Why Muslims started to embrace this way of life is beyond me.
Why did the French with the Guillotine?

Why did we utilize hangings?

Why did Native Americans decide to scalp people?

What's with the American obsession with murder by Gun? Or Stabbing? (Strange enough same weapon as with beheading, different method.)

I'll tell you there is not as much Gun Violence in the Middle East so should we turn this around and say
"ALL AMERICANS LOVE TO KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS!"
OR "ALL AMERICANS LOVE TO KILL PEOPLE BY STABBING"?

MURDER IS MURDER.

What the hell difference is there in method anyway?????

Dead is Dead.

Pretty much the only people that commit murder are screwed up in the head, on some level they HAVE to be, so what difference is it what method they choose?????

Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,257,242 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Nice try, Ms.Mtn, you need to do a little more research. What's the source on your quote?

Here are some other interesting links:

http://www.nationalpost.co/news/story.html?id=699558



"Li worked for six months as a custodian at the Grant Memorial Baptist Church in Winnipeg and was a member of the congregation.


Pastor Tom Castor said Li, a recent immigrant at the time, seemed happy to have a job and was committed to doing it well."


Vince Weiguang Li accused of beheading Tim McLean Jr - updates · Celebgalz.com :: Hottest World News Updated Daily

"Vince Weiguang Li was first reported to be a Chinese Muslim by CBC, but the newspaper edited itself and deleted the references to Vince Li being a Muslim. Since the original report has been scrapped by a professional scrapper, all references/ links can not be traced. It was as if it never existed. Maybe it was a rumor or a genuine mistake which the editor corrected."

Clearly there is no current evidence that this man was Muslim.

There was only one agency that reported that he was Muslim, then they retracted that and it has not been reported again.

If he was truly Muslim, we would know about it.
Your link does not work so there is no way to confirm. Working at a church does not make you a Christian. The custodian of our Methodist Church growing up smoked pot with the neighborhood teenagers and my dad has a friend that is currently a custodian at a church and he is certainly not a Christian. Drinks like a sailor. Point is Church's are cheap and usually hire vagrants and drifters to do chores around the Church. Maybe he was a Muslim man that needed a job and went to a few services in order to remain at the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:16 PM
 
500 posts, read 636,263 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Elwill, you have not refuted anything I've posted...Every time you post you only confirm that you seem to be blind to the atrocities committed in the name of Islam. You deny that beheadings are mentioned in the Koran, when in fact it is mentioned several times...I see on youtube Mullahs calling out for beheadings...You were not even aware that the bus beheading in Canada was commited by a Muslim. Perhaps it is time to stop living in denial, and face up to reality.

Try googling "muslim beheadings" and you will get over a million hits.
Get use to that. To be fair though, it's not just him, the Liberals are the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 PM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Your link does not work so there is no way to confirm. Working at a church does not make you a Christian. The custodian of our Methodist Church growing up smoked pot with the neighborhood teenagers and my dad has a friend that is currently a custodian at a church and he is certainly not a Christian. Drinks like a sailor. Point is Church's are cheap and usually hire vagrants and drifters to do chores around the Church. Maybe he was a Muslim man that needed a job and went to a few services in order to remain at the job.
Your reading it on the website is OBVIOUSLY not going to confirm whether or not he was a member of this church.

The point was, there is only one report that he was muslim, and the reporting agency retracted the report. (Other articles are quoting the report that has since been retracted). As well as the fact that there are contradictory reports.

Without further information or proof, you cannot say with any degree of certainty, that the man was a muslim. He could have just as easily been a christian.

Also, the man didn't just behead the guy, he stabbed him multiple times in the chest and neck, then cut his head off.

This is the site that has the link to the article, btw, I was trying to save people the trouble of linking from the following, which contains only the quote from the article, to the article itself.

Simply Jews: Vince Weiguang Li - beheader NOT motivated by the Koran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,257,242 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Your reading it on the website is OBVIOUSLY not going to confirm whether or not he was a member of this church.

The point was, there is only one report that he was muslim, and the reporting agency retracted the report. (Other articles are quoting the report that has since been retracted). As well as the fact that there are contradictory reports.

Without further information or proof, you cannot say with any degree of certainty, that the man was a muslim. He could have just as easily been a christian.

Also, the man didn't just behead the guy, he stabbed him multiple times in the chest and neck, then cut his head off.

This is the site that has the link to the article, btw, I was trying to save people the trouble of linking from the following, which contains only the quote from the article, to the article itself.

Simply Jews: Vince Weiguang Li - beheader NOT motivated by the Koran
Yeah, that looks like a real reputable site. Simply Jews - a gang of critically undermedicated. Nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 07:53 AM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Yeah, that looks like a real reputable site. Simply Jews - a gang of critically undermedicated. Nice
POINT IS:

THERE ARE MULTIPLE REPORTS OF THIS MAN'S RELIGION.


YET YOU COME ON HERE STATING HE IS MUSLIM AS IF IT IS A FACT, A "SLAP IN THE FACE, SLAM DUNK" COMMENT AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN PRESENTING ACTUAL FACTS.

NICE WAY TO MAKE A CASE.


PLEASE KNOW THAT WHEN YOU PRESENT SOMETHING AS FACT, BECAUSE YOU DID A QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH AND DID NOT DO ENOUGH RESEARCH, SOMEONE ELSE (WHO ALSO HAS GOOGLE) CAN ALSO DO A MORE THOROUGH SEARCH AND WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT.

YOU DIDN'T POST A LINK TO AN ARTICLE WITH YOUR QUOTE BECAUSE THERE NO LONGER IS ONE, THEREFORE I CANNOT RIDICULE YOUR LINK.

YOU QUOTED A STATEMENT THAT HAS BEEN RETRACTED AND NEVER VERIFIED.


WHAT I POSTED WAS A LINK TO AN ARTICLE THAT QUOTED ANOTHER ARTICLE AND CONTAINED A LINK TO THAT ARTICLE.

I MAKE NO ENDORSEMENT OF THE SITE SIMPLY JEWS. I MAKE NO ENDORSEMENT OF THE SITE NATIONAL NEWS. THE ONLY PURPOSE EITHER OF THOSE TWO LINKS SERVE IS TO SHOW THAT IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT HE IS CHRISTIAN, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU PRESENTED AS FACT.


Sometimes talking to people is like talking to a brick wall.

I wish there was an imoticon for pulling your freaking hair out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,257,242 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
POINT IS:

THERE ARE MULTIPLE REPORTS OF THIS MAN'S RELIGION.


YET YOU COME ON HERE STATING HE IS MUSLIM AS IF IT IS A FACT, A "SLAP IN THE FACE, SLAM DUNK" COMMENT AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN PRESENTING ACTUAL FACTS.

NICE WAY TO MAKE A CASE.


PLEASE KNOW THAT WHEN YOU PRESENT SOMETHING AS FACT, BECAUSE YOU DID A QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH AND DID NOT DO ENOUGH RESEARCH, SOMEONE ELSE (WHO ALSO HAS GOOGLE) CAN ALSO DO A MORE THOROUGH SEARCH AND WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT.

YOU DIDN'T POST A LINK TO AN ARTICLE WITH YOUR QUOTE BECAUSE THERE NO LONGER IS ONE, THEREFORE I CANNOT RIDICULE YOUR LINK.

YOU QUOTED A STATEMENT THAT HAS BEEN RETRACTED AND NEVER VERIFIED.


WHAT I POSTED WAS A LINK TO AN ARTICLE THAT QUOTED ANOTHER ARTICLE AND CONTAINED A LINK TO THAT ARTICLE.

I MAKE NO ENDORSEMENT OF THE SITE SIMPLY JEWS. I MAKE NO ENDORSEMENT OF THE SITE NATIONAL NEWS. THE ONLY PURPOSE EITHER OF THOSE TWO LINKS SERVE IS TO SHOW THAT IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT HE IS CHRISTIAN, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU PRESENTED AS FACT.


Sometimes talking to people is like talking to a brick wall.

I wish there was an imoticon for pulling your freaking hair out.
Okay.....so you did exactly what you are accusing me of. I smell a hypocrite. And I don't think I ever said he was a Muslim. Someone else brought up the fact that he may be a Muslim and I listed the following:

It is reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) - “RCMP announced Friday morning that they have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton with second-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear at the Manitoba provincial court in Portage la Prairie. A Chinese Muslim, Li expressed to investigators that his actions were motivated by the Koran.”

So get off your high horse and stick to the original conversation at hand. The OP is about honor killings, not about Vince Weiguang Li. Muzzammil Hassan on the other hand is a MUSLIM and beheaded his wife.

Let's stop distracting from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Okay.....so you did exactly what you are accusing me of. I smell a hypocrite. And I don't think I ever said he was a Muslim. Someone else brought up the fact that he may be a Muslim and I listed the following:

It is reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) - “RCMP announced Friday morning that they have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton with second-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear at the Manitoba provincial court in Portage la Prairie. A Chinese Muslim, Li expressed to investigators that his actions were motivated by the Koran.”

So get off your high horse and stick to the original conversation at hand. The OP is about honor killings, not about Vince Weiguang Li. Muzzammil Hassan on the other hand is a MUSLIM and beheaded his wife.

Let's stop distracting from the truth.
Not the same thing at all. Links were posted. you gave no source. I am not a hypocrite.

Stop distracting from the truth?

We all know the guy was muslim and beheaded his wife.

Who disputed that?

And if your intent was that the OP be about honor killings you failed.

Your OP stated something to the effect of "for those of you who think moderate muslims are exempt from the violence of fundamentalist muslims you have another thing coming"

Then several paragraphs (Against the TOS by the way) quoted from an article (Again no LINK).

Unless of course you claim that as your original work????

BY THE WAY, to respond to your OP, I don't think moderate Muslims are exempt from ANYTHING. As I don't think ANY group is exempt from ANYTHING.

No one is immune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,257,242 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Not the same thing at all. Links were posted. you gave no source. I am not a hypocrite.

Um......yes you are. Regardless of whether a link was posted or not. The report was made with regard to the man. Your link/site is no more reliable than mine.

Stop distracting from the truth?

We all know the guy was muslim and beheaded his wife.

Who disputed that?

And if your intent was that the OP be about honor killings you failed.

That's certainly YOUR opinion. Guess you can't face the truth.

Your OP stated something to the effect of "for those of you who think moderate muslims are exempt from the violence of fundamentalist muslims you have another thing coming"

Violence.....honor killings......sounds like the same thing to me.

Then several paragraphs (Against the TOS by the way) quoted from an article (Again no LINK).

Unless of course you claim that as your original work????

BY THE WAY, to respond to your OP, I don't think moderate Muslims are exempt from ANYTHING. As I don't think ANY group is exempt from ANYTHING.

No one is immune.
So then your entire argument has been a waste of time. In the end you agree with the article and everything is fine and dandy in la la land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
 
Location: mass
2,905 posts, read 6,576,380 times
Reputation: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
So then your entire argument has been a waste of time. In the end you agree with the article and everything is fine and dandy in la la land.
Lady, I said that my post OBVIOUSLY would not prove anything, didn't I? Therefore, I cannot possibly "agree" with the article I posted.

What I agree with is that his religion at this time is still UNCONFIRMED.

I am not a "hypocrite". Perhaps you need a dictionary.

You made your post as if it was well known fact, if you didn't present it that way, then you certainly posted it w/out mentioning that it was later retracted (i.e. MISLEADING) but you probably didn't check it out enough to know that.

I presented a quote with links to get back to the article which presented an opposing viewpoint. And mentioned that I felt that if he was Muslim, it would probably have been verified by now.

I don't "agree" with the theory that he is Christian. He could just as easily be Buddhist or Hindu or Rastafarian or an Athiest. I do feel that he is likely not to be Muslim just because there have been no additional reports of such since the first one was retracted. It seems that if he was in fact Muslim it would have already come out...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Violence.....honor killings......sounds like the same thing to me.
"violence"........beating the hell out of someone......sounds like the same thing to me.

Doesn't mean this thread is about beating the hell out of someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top