U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,039,146 times
Reputation: 161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Elwill, I thought you knew you were talking with the ultimate infidel --- I am an atheist. I don't believe the bible, I don't believe in god.
oh i'm sorry , i didn't notice that

anyway , i just hope from you or any christian to not feel offness form my words

Quote:
This was not an accident, elwill. The Islamic moral police - isn't that what the mutaween are? The Islamic moral police pushed those girls back into the fire because their hair wasn't covered.


they made a wrong decesion in this situation , i didn't deny that , but it's not honour killing it was fire accedent in the school , and it was very stupid from ignorant men to prohibit some of them from going out because of such silly reason as not covering thier head , i confess

i see it as stupidity but not kill crime with full intensions from police men , there were 800 of students in that place and offcource there were thousands of police and firemen , and it was just eyewitnesses whom saw that happened to some of girles , but it wasn't the direct reason for the death of student happened in this accedent

do you understand what i mean ?

Quote:
How much more proof do you need? Honor killings happen in Islamic theocracies -- places that will see men beaten for shaving their beard or not wearing proper clothes yet will do nothing if a man kills his sister/daughter/wife for dishonoring him. Explain that!


these things dosn't happen in majority of islamic countries
i didn't need to explain anything
i just explain what i believe it's the right path of islam from islamic sources .
i disagree with some of the laws in my country which isn't islamic ,
and my country is muslim country but it dosn't mean that it process shariah laws

i consider my self in your side regadring to this issue , but i disagree with attach such crimes to islamic teaching , that's all


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,872,751 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I don't think you're particularly outraged that some guy killed his wife; what I do think is that you're jumping on this as a specific reason to paint all Muslims in a bad light. Good on ya. You've gotten across the message that you have disdain for Muslims simply because they don't belong to the same religion that you do. I prefer bigotry to be out in the open rather than hidden. It makes it easier to spot the people that should be avoided.
If this thread had been about a Christian killing someone, you probably would have jumped on the bandwagon with the others. It's very obvious your bigotry is extended to Christians, yet you feel the need to "call her out" on hers against muslims that kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Violence in any religion is not always limited to 'radical' or 'moderate' -- anyone has the capacity for violence, regardless of faith.
I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Oh yeah...just 1 thing...can you explain to me why is it that all those crazy serial killers are mostly male white christians? Will these people go to heaven if they had already accepted Jesus as their saviour before their crime sprees?
Well, for one, you're wrong. Most are white males, but not Christians. If there are any that were truly Christians, unless they sincerely repented of their sins and confessed all them, before death, no, they will not go to heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM
 
995 posts, read 1,201,736 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
If this thread had been about a Christian killing someone, you probably would have jumped on the bandwagon with the others. It's very obvious your bigotry is extended to Christians, yet you feel the need to "call her out" on hers against muslims that kill.
Well the thing its not...and if its posting was meant to start a debate or discussion that is acceptable..there was no attempt to do that...just a see no truth..hear no truth...only lies about Islam is acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Well, for one, you're wrong. Most are white males, but not Christians. If there are any that were truly Christians, unless they sincerely repented of their sins and confessed all them, before death, no, they will not go to heaven.
Ahh..ok..that has cleared up somethings for me...thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 4,257,624 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
If this thread had been about a Christian killing someone, you probably would have jumped on the bandwagon with the others.
You know nothing about what I'd do if that happened. As it stands, I'd feel the very same way if it were a Christian and some bigot came in here spouting that it made ALL Christians that way. That's plainly ignorant.

If you have any doubt that this is exactly what I mean, go look at my first post in this thread -- post #2. Of course, you apparently didn't read it or you'd know that I wasn't hating on Christians.

I don't care what religion someone follows, if you're inclined to be a killer it won't matter. My whole point in the matter is that the OP was being egregiously bigoted by painting all Muslims in the same light because this man -- who just happens to be a Muslim -- murdered his wife.

Quote:
It's very obvious your bigotry is extended to Christians, yet you feel the need to "call her out" on hers against muslims that kill.
I have nothing against anyone who believes in any specific religion, whether it's Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Satanism, Voodoo, Rastafarianism, FSMism, whatever.

What I DO object to is when one person does something bad, and all the members of whatever group they belong to is held up as being exactly the same way, and accused of doing bad things just because they happen to belong to the same religious group as the bad person.

There are good people and bad people in every religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,931,278 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
So? People kill people all the time, religion or not.

Christian husbands kill their wives and children. Christian mothers kill their children and husbands. Christian children shoot up their schools and kill their classmates.

See where I'm going with this? It's inflammatory to post something like that as a stab against Muslims in general, just like it would be inflammatory of me to post the story of say...Andrea Yates and blare the subject line as "Christian mother murders all five of her children fundie-style because God told her to!!!"
All this story tells us is that this guy was a psycho (previous wives left him citing abuse as a reason) who murdered his wife. Sorry, but there are plenty of Christians (remember the killer Santa this year in California?) who murder their families. I don't think the method of murder means anything, as it's a horrific crime regardless of what he did with the head.

Only those of you who are anti-Muslim bigots will use this case to speak out against Islam.

Personally, I think ANYONE who believes in fairy tales (the bible, Quran, Torah) and imaginary friends (god, allah) as an adult is seriously deranged and should seek some help. I'm scared of Bible Thumpers as much as I am scared of Islamists...after all, wasn't it a conservative Christian who bombed the Atlanta Olympics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:54 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 4,092,133 times
Reputation: 409
it is interesting how a guy can murder his wife in a television studio, beheading her...and it gets very little publicity on the national news channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
 
995 posts, read 1,201,736 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Personally, I think ANYONE who believes in fairy tales (the bible, Quran, Torah) and imaginary friends (god, allah) as an adult is seriously deranged and should seek some help. I'm scared of Bible Thumpers as much as I am scared of Islamists...after all, wasn't it a conservative Christian who bombed the Atlanta Olympics?
I'm scared of lefties...aren't they kinda sinister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
 
995 posts, read 1,201,736 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
it is interesting how a guy can murder his wife in a television studio, beheading her...and it gets very little publicity on the national news channels.
What?? Now you're trying to claim that the national media is owned by muslims?? That's a first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 12:00 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 4,092,133 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
What?? Now you're trying to claim that the national media is owned by muslims?? That's a first

Not at all. I just find it interesting that really...I haven't seen this story on the national news channels. This is a pretty big thing. People obsessed for months about a girl missing in Aruba...but this is just not getting any coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
 
995 posts, read 1,201,736 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Not at all. I just find it interesting that really...I haven't seen this story on the national news channels. This is a pretty big thing. People obsessed for months about a girl missing in Aruba...but this is just not getting any coverage.
Well could be the national media's thinking was 'Heck its just a dead muslim..who cares...let's look for more interesting news '....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top