Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Well, at least you openly admit to your bigotry then. Too bad it's misplaced. A person who is capable of killing another person can do it religion nothwithstanding. And Judeo/Christians are just as bad as any other group about it.
Call me what you want. I am against anyone who takes a life. And no, Judeo/Christians are not as bad as any other group.....but we have been down that road before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Call me what you want. I am against anyone who takes a life. And no, Judeo/Christians are not as bad as any other group.....but we have been down that road before.
Not as bad as any other group? ...Pray tell...Hiroshima, Nagasaki..all those millions dead in WW2...which group were responsible? Muslims? Buddhists? judeo/Christians? Your group is just like any other groups....

Oh yeah...just 1 thing...can you explain to me why is it that all those crazy serial killers are mostly male white christians? Will these people go to heaven if they had already accepted Jesus as their saviour before their crime sprees?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
the only evidence you showed me is merely accedent happened in 2002 i think , not laws at all .
there are bad policmen in every country , isn't it right ? there are policemen in your country commit crimes against the laws they supposed to defend , isn't it right ? and some of them using thier authority for not to be punished .
This was not an accident, elwill. The Islamic moral police - isn't that what the mutaween are? The Islamic moral police pushed those girls back into the fire because their hair wasn't covered. They committed murder, and not only that but they were exonerated. They did not serve one day in jail for what they did, they were not fired from the Islamic Moral police. In the US there are bad cops (secular cops - NOT religious), it is true. But, when they murder they are held to the same law as the rest of the people. They lose their jobs and they serve time in prison.
imams in islam as the priests in christianity , they have the islamic teaching not the authority over governments decesion nor have the ability to control personal's faults
Explain to me then who is in charge of Iran? Isn't the Ayatollah a religious figure? I mean, we are talking about countries that live under an Islamic theocracy -- which means, they live under religious rule. Quite unlike any priest/pastor/imam/rabbi/medicine man in the US.
BTW , as long as we are talking about honour killing , tell me is this accedent have nothing to do with honour killing
is those policemen killed thier sisters or thier mothers ?
It has everything to do with honor -- those girls were burned to death rather then allow them to be seen without a head scarf. I ask you, if this had been a boys school do you think they would have been allowed out even if they were wearing shortsleeve shirts? Ah yes, of course they would have.

your evidence have nothing to do with our subject , beside no one in the name of islam justified what happened in this accedent
How can you say that? Saudia Arabia lives under sharia law which is Islamic law - yes? The fact that the Islamic moral police made the decision to let fifteen girls burn to death then allow them to be seen by male firefighters without wearing their hijabs and then they were not prosecuted or penalized in any way shows me that this behavior -- these murders were accepted/condoned/justified by an Islamic theocracy.

when you proove to me that honour killing is allowed in shariah law , you have my promise to answer your question
How much more proof do you need? Honor killings happen in Islamic theocracies -- places that will see men beaten for shaving their beard or not wearing proper clothes yet will do nothing if a man kills his sister/daughter/wife for dishonoring him. Explain that!
untill you proof for me your proclaims , you need to ask yourself why your God command you to commit honour killing over your children and why you disobey his commands
Elwill, I thought you knew you were talking with the ultimate infidel --- I am an atheist. I don't believe the bible, I don't believe in god.

Last edited by camping!; 02-23-2009 at 08:21 AM..

Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Elwill, I thought you knew you were talking with the ultimate infidel --- I am an atheist. I don't believe the bible, I don't believe in god.
You don't believe in the One who created you? Poor guy

Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Save your misguided (and patronizing) sympathy for someone who really needs it. Those of us who do not believe in deities certainly don't. On average, we're happier and more well-adjusted than those who believe in a god. Plus...we have a lower divorce rate. Go figure

Oh and for the OP who started this thread and refuses to recognize the fact that millions upon millions of people have been killed by Christians, too...why don't you enlighten yourself a bit, go to Google, and type in "killed by Christians" (include the quotes). If you're brave enough to do it, and brave enough to actually READ the results, you might be surprised. At the very least, you'd no longer have your head in the sand.

I'd list some, but if I brought up the most well-known large-scale event in recent history, I'd Godwin the thread.

Last edited by ZugZub; 02-23-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Again the fiction about Muslims largely having less respect for women. Ok. Can you tell me what was the general state of women in the middle east before the advent of the Mercy of Mankind Prophet Muhammad s.a.w? Can anyone tell me honestly?

I'd go for beheading as long as the sword is razor sharp. It will be fast and instantaeneous. Over in a few seconds. Even the electric chair takes a few minutes right and it won't be that painless.

Yep -- as a woman I must say I would sure feel great living under taliban rule, lets ask the woman

http://www.kactuzkid.com/p/women_zarmina.jpg (broken link)
OOPS! Can't ask her, cause she is dead.

But here is a link to a site you may appreciate as it is written by muslim women (hope that means you are allowed to read it)

Stop Honorcide!

Maybe you will take their word for it.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Isn't it interesting though, that here I am - the ultimate infidel, with no fear of god to keep me in line and yet I don't abuse my children or my husband (yeah brader -- you have been talking to a girl ) I don't cheat on my husband though I show my hair and my legs to the world. I don't steal, I don't kill, I don't do anything that would be considered 'sinfull' - though I do cuss.
And there is noone to keep me in line. Noone, no deity - nothing! Huh....maybe muslim women can be trusted to behave if I - a horrible infidel female can

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
You asked what to do about it? How about stop defending them and speak out against the violence taking place in the Muslim religion. That's the first step......realizing that Islam has a violent side and lending a voice to those who have none.

defending who? Violent Radicals? I don't defend violent religious fanatics of any type.

or do you mean stop defending Muslims? Because I am not going to do that as long as there are people like you around, who seem to think that all Muslims are evil (or at least capable of slitting your throat, as you advised me to remove all my knives so my DH won't get me).

I DO NOT AGREE WITH HONOR KILLINGS. THEY ARE NOT ISLAMIC. PEOPLE WHO COMMIT HONOR KILLINGS SHOULD BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.

There, what more do you want me to do at the moment? Hop on my roof and shout out?

Wait let me call my local news channel, or maybe CNN and let's see if they will give me 5 minutes of airtime to campaign.

If you REALLY gave a crap about the victims of honor killings YOU would be doing something more about it, something other than starting inflammatory, bigoted threads that do NOTHING for your "cause".

How about you start a thread with links to websites devoted to eradicating the practice of honor killings, learn about ISLAM so that you can use it as a tool AGAINST those who commit honor killings, start an organization to raise the level of education in areas with the highest percentage of honor killings, post a sample letter that we can all print to our congressmen encouraging them to act on behalf of the women who may fall victim of honor killings, or possibly start an online petition of some sort?

YOU HAVE ONE AGENDA, and that is to tie ISLAM to HONOR KILLINGS, and drum up hatred of Islam and Muslims, using honor killings as an example of "Islamic violence" to vilify an entire religion.

Do I sit here and vilify Catholicism because of all the Priests out there with a penchant for little boys? And the fact that higher ups in the church knew all about it and allowed it to continue, shuffling pedophile priests around the country to unknowing parishes so that the molesters could continue to inflict pain and suffering on innocent little boys and girls? Because this went on for DECADES and NO ONE did anything about it. If I started thread after thread about this subject, supposedly campaigning for the "victims" would I be doing them any good? NO. Not a bit of good.

Your motives are clear.

Don't expect me to sit by and say nothing while you try to get people to hate my children.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yep -- as a woman I must say I would sure feel great living under taliban rule, lets ask the woman

But here is a link to a site you may appreciate as it is written by muslim women (hope that means you are allowed to read it)

Stop Honorcide!

Maybe you will take their word for it.

OOPS! Can't ask her, cause she is dead.

Camping, he did say the position of women in Arabia before the coming of Prophet Mohammed.

I hope he would not agree that the treatment of women by the Taliban was a model of how muslim women are supposed to be treated.

Thanks for the link to the website.

That is exactly what I would expect from MsMtn if she was actually campaigning against honor killings.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 AM

Your right mommytotwo. She has no interest in a debate just want to stir up stuff. Feel sorry for her.

Just remember Surah Al-Baqrah
(2:18) Sum'mum buk'mun um'yun fahum la yarjioon
[Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path.]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam