Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
What is Freedom? What is Oppression? Are your concepts of that shared by other people from other societies?
You are getting way off the subject. Stop trying to distract from the real issue at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
The burka is not a Saudi thing. While what they wear there is similar to a burka, it does not have to cover the face.

And have you ever noticed what men wear over there?????

this really cracks me up, because the people saying the women over there are so oppressed because they cover themselves act like the men are running around naked. The men are wearing almost as much clothing as the women....

Women who choose to cover their face wear another piece of fabric that covers their face from the nose down, not their eyes, although I have seen some women, even here in the US, that do choose to cover their eyes as well.

I too have an acquaintance who lives in Saudi because her husband works there. They live in Jedda, and she does have to wear the robe to cover her head and body she does NOT cover her face. And btw she is not a conservative Muslim, but she absolutely loves Jedda. She is Egyptian and when she visits Egypt she does NOT cover. She only does it in Jedda, and though she has to she still loves Jedda.
My friend wore a burka....I know what one is. She brought it home with her.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, Achmadinejad did say that Iran had no gays -- I guess he meant that they would have no gays if they had to go through them one at a time.
Funny though that a man can kill his daughter for shame in Iran and get away with it, but god forbid the man is gay -- really, I think this is the only 'sex' crime a muslim man can actually be killed for.
With all the young women they are killing, they are not going to have many left to arrange for marriage......they might all end up gay after all.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
With all the young women they are killing, they are not going to have many left to arrange for marriage......they might all end up gay after all.
And this is "on the subject" how?

After reading through this thread, all it looks like is an excuse to bag on Muslims and Islam. And while everyone knows that I think ALL religions are pure hogwash, it seems a little pointless to complain about just one of them when the other religions are just as bad.

Besides, someone who is capable of cutting the head off their wife is messed up in the head anyway; he would have been violent to her no matter what his religious beliefs. Abusers are just that way.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Not all Muslims are like this. They are the biggest group in the world and the biggest religion. Of course there will be more crimes coming out of them.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Not all Muslims are like this. They are the biggest group in the world and the biggest religion. Of course there will be more crimes coming out of them.
Christianity is the largest religion, with a following of about 33% of all people. Islam is second, with 21%.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:50 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Christianity is the largest religion, with a following of about 33% of all people. Islam is second, with 21%.
Is the ultimate issue for the American Constitution one of Liberty or of Justice to the Egyptian general will? The rest is academic for how can an original constittuion exist in these times of the undecided will of sedition and/or assembly for appropriate discussion.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
To "Godwin" a thread means to invoke Nazis or Hitler in some way.
To be specific, 'Godwin's Law' states that as a thread continues to expand, the probability of someone mentioning Hitler or the Nazis approaches 1. When that happens, the person that started the thread is considered to have lost his argument, by default.

A corollary has sprung up: if someone invokes Godwin's Law in an attempt to 'kill' a thread, said attempt will, invariably, fail.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Welll....Christianity did have a thousand years headstart..but like a bullet train...Islam is getting there...pulling ahead...yeah babbby!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
But the greatest progress was achieved under the Caiser Wllhelm in Saxony. More to that: the number of human beings for the commitment of an event occured in forms of technique for the consumption.

Last edited by tgnostic; 02-24-2009 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam