U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2009, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,256,956 times
Reputation: 440

Advertisements

For those who think Moderate Muslims are exempt from the violence held by radical Muslims, you've got another thing coming.


On February 12, Muzzammil Hassan went to the police station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park and told police that his wife was dead and that her body could be found at his business, Bridges TV. Officers went to the location and found the decapitated body of 37-year-old Aasiya Hassan. They charged her 44-year old husband with second degree murder.

Authorities say the woman had recently filed for divorce from her husband. Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III told The Buffalo News that "Obviously, this is the worse form of domestic violence possible."

Brigitte Gabriel, founder and president of ACT! for America and author of They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It, says this incident is more than just domestic violence.

"He killed her according to the Islamic way," she notes. "And this is the guy who was being touted as the moderate Muslim. He is the president and founder of Bridges TV, where he was trying to create bridges between the Muslim world and the Western world, trying to show the Western world what Islam is truly about, to go against the stereotype what Muslims are all about."

Brigitte GabrielAnd Gabriel says Hassan was honored by the Council on American Islamic Relations, or CAIR. "CAIR gave him an award. And we know that CAIR -- just like many other Islamic organizations -- is nothing more than a front for the Muslim Brotherhood operating in the United States," she contends. "We know that CAIR is for sure a front for Hamas, and so anybody who has ever been associated with CAIR is somebody we have to look at and scrutinize."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2009, 08:21 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 4,257,251 times
Reputation: 1243
So? People kill people all the time, religion or not.

Christian husbands kill their wives and children. Christian mothers kill their children and husbands. Christian children shoot up their schools and kill their classmates.

See where I'm going with this? It's inflammatory to post something like that as a stab against Muslims in general, just like it would be inflammatory of me to post the story of say...Andrea Yates and blare the subject line as "Christian mother murders all five of her children fundie-style because God told her to!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,795,831 times
Reputation: 5454
Out of curiosity I tried to Google the total number of muslims in America but there doesn't seem to be a number that everyone agrees is accurate. It sounds like it's several million but that's a rough guess. Whatever the number is this is the first time I've ever heard of a crime like this being committed in this country. There are a number of American cities with large muslim populations and European cities have even larger populations in places like France and I've never heard of a similar crime committed there either. Of course this was a gruesome and horrible crime but it was the action of one man and I don't think it's fair to tarnish the image of millions of muslims who really are moderate and go about their lives just like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 AM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,888 posts, read 3,974,291 times
Reputation: 4137
I'd like to get Islam staright from the Horse's Mouth, as in I read the Quran but I want to sit down and talk with an Islamic teacher to get a feel for the real Islam aside from the Propoganda.
However, if you consier that the Muslim God is the same basic one of the Old Testament, then, yes, it is headed down a bad road already. And what we need, I will say again, in the 21st Century, is spirituality that is in the hear and now, not in the past, and that makes a positive impact on the world.
We are faced with overcrowding, starvation, crime, pollution etc What does any of the big three, who follow the Abrahamic God do to address these (outside of advocating killing off the others) and offer a solution?
I think the first rule, the first new commandment , of our collective faith, will be that DEATH is not an option. I know, that is not what the Bible or the Quran teaches, but it is what we NEED here in the 21st Century IF we want to really make the world a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,256,956 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
So? People kill people all the time, religion or not.

Christian husbands kill their wives and children. Christian mothers kill their children and husbands. Christian children shoot up their schools and kill their classmates.

See where I'm going with this? It's inflammatory to post something like that as a stab against Muslims in general, just like it would be inflammatory of me to post the story of say...Andrea Yates and blare the subject line as "Christian mother murders all five of her children fundie-style because God told her to!!!"
Don't shoot the messenger. I have heard many people on this board claim that violence in Islam is limited primarily to Jihad Radicalists. Just pointing out the fact that it is NOT limited to a radical few but increasingly moderates as well.

I don't think you can compare thousands upon thousands (perhaps in the Millions) of honor killings to Andrea Yates who was found to be medically insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 4,257,251 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. I have heard many people on this board claim that violence in Islam is limited primarily to Jihad Radicalists. Just pointing out the fact that it is NOT limited to a radical few but increasingly moderates as well.

I don't think you can compare thousands upon thousands (perhaps in the Millions) of honor killings to Andrea Yates who was found to be medically insane.
When the messenger is presenting the message in a biased way, they deserve to be shot. The ONLY reason you could have had for posting this here on the Religion/Philosophy forum is because you're deliberately taking a poke at Islam and Muslims. And you really, REALLY don't want to get into a discussion of murderous Christians because you won't like the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,256,956 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
When the messenger is presenting the message in a biased way, they deserve to be shot. The ONLY reason you could have had for posting this here on the Religion/Philosophy forum is because you're deliberately taking a poke at Islam and Muslims. And you really, REALLY don't want to get into a discussion of murderous Christians because you won't like the results.
No one deserves to be shot or beheaded......that's sort of the point.

I don't think you could provide an adequate estimation that would even compare itself to the number of those murdered under current Islam rule. Not by today's standards anyways.

Again, just disputing a previous claim made by Muslims on this board. If Muslim's don't want their dirty laundry aired, perhaps they should stop killing people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 4,257,251 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
No one deserves to be shot or beheaded......that's sort of the point.
You say that only now that a couple of us called you on it. Nice backpedal. Of course most people don't deserve to be shot or beheaded (I'd argue that there are some in the world who do, but I digress...)

But the way you present this just reeks of a witch hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
 
148 posts, read 263,526 times
Reputation: 29
I am a muslim and I follow the massage of Islam exactly, killing 1 person in Islam is considered as killing the whole people.

It is a very big sin.

Islam prepare a punishment of death for killers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,256,956 times
Reputation: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
You say that only now that a couple of us called you on it. Nice backpedal. Of course most people don't deserve to be shot or beheaded (I'd argue that there are some in the world who do, but I digress...)

But the way you present this just reeks of a witch hunt.
Sorry, that does not make sense. Try rephrasing what you really mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top