U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:27 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,888,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I love how people say it is a free* gift when they know they don't mean it.
Well according to the Scriptures, anyone who gives their life to Christ will receive the free gift of Salvation. And according to the Scriptures, that gift is eternal life. Why would you suggest the gift is not free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 PM

10,946 posts, read 8,255,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well according to the Scriptures, anyone who gives their life to Christ will receive the free gift of Salvation. And according to the Scriptures, that gift is eternal life. Why would you suggest the gift is not free?
Yes. "Give" their life to christ in exchange for the "free" gift of salvation?

Meets the terms of a sale to me.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:20 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,425,445 times
Quote:
And, according to scriptures:

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

If a priest's daughter is a *****, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

I rest my case.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,532,756 times
Quote:
The promise says it's free but just like spam it's simply there as a feeble attempt to hook you in. Look at yourself, you changed your phrasing from accept to give your life.

It doesn't take an apostate** to understand that "all it takes is accepting Jesus" actually has a deeper meaning to it. People who say this really wont consider you a christian unless your behaviour and your beliefs conform to their particular sect of Christianity.

Free* needs an asterisk in it because it's usually followed by:

-Go to particular church(often).
-Preach particular message to as many people as possible.

Heck, it usually goes further than that.

-Give XX% of your income to particular church.
-Have certain political views.
-Vote/Don't vote for particular candidate.

(**to be precise, all it takes is reading posts in the Christianity sub-forum for 30 minutes or so)

Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
And, according to scriptures:

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

If a priest's daughter is a *****, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

I rest my case.
Now, why would they do away with a priest's daughter? Maybe because back then they had no medical treatment as we do today. And if that kind of lifestyle became common place. And something like Aids or another such sickness broke out. What hospital, or clinic would a Jewish herdsmen go to? Would they have to use their PPO, or HMO? Or maybe they would just get sick, and die some horrible death along with how many others from the tribe. There were reasons for such drastic actions back then. And it was done for the over protection of the Jewish race. By todays standards, this would be barbaric, yet back then, it was to act as a deterrent to prevent something far worse from happening.

I rest my case.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,532,756 times
Quote:
Now, why would they do away with a priest's daughter? Maybe because back then they had no medical treatment as we do today. And if that kind of lifestyle became common place. And something like Aids or another such sickness broke out. What hospital, or clinic would a Jewish herdsmen go to? Would they have to use their PPO, or HMO? Or maybe they would just get sick, and die some horrible death along with how many others from the tribe. There were reasons for such drastic actions back then. And it was done for the over protection of the Jewish race. By todays standards, this would be barbaric, yet back then, it was to act as a deterrent to prevent something far worse from happening.

I rest my case.
This is dumb. If god would rather burn someone than teach the people how to cure the person then god's not just being barbaric, he's being intentionally cruel.

Also, people didn't get AIDS back then.

EDIT: Since it only applies to a priest's daughter as opposed to everyone; it makes your apologetics very flawed.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 21,710 times
I was in a horrible car wreck years ago and didn't know Jesus.I can tell you when you believe your dead,you cry to God believer or not.I was spared of death that day by Jesus,and can tell you he is VERY real.Please people,believe that all that is happening in the world is Gods judgement for our turning our focus on things not of him.My desire is for EVERYONE to go to Heaven.Please understand Hell is very real,and God is a very jealous God and wants us to praise him.We were created to have a relationship with him,it is the devil that is telling each of you there is no God.Accept Jesus and be saved today!

Old 07-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
This is dumb. If god would rather burn someone than teach the people how to cure the person then god's not just being barbaric, he's being intentionally cruel.

Also, people didn't get AIDS back then.

EDIT: Since it only applies to a priest's daughter as opposed to everyone; it makes your apologetics very flawed.
I said something (LIKE) Aids, another words some kind of illness. They did have numerous illnesses, and God was teaching His people to have (MORALS). Unlike what we teach in the classroom today. Adultery or any other kind of sexual acts outside of marriage was not tolerated. And those involved were put to death. Today in places such as Africa, we see what happens to large numbers of a society who don't have access to proper medical treatement, and do not attempt to live sexually moral lives. If the Jewish race had looked the other way back then, there is a good chance the race would not of survived. God from the beginning told us that free sex outside of marriage is wrong. And it was not about finding a cure so the people could party. That is the humanistic approach to sex. And this is why today there are so many suffering from so many sexually transmitted diseases. Because they believe the Bible is dumb, and sex is fun. Yet there are now consequences that many must live with and die with, because they held this view.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:18 PM

30,879 posts, read 31,761,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omytii1 View Post
I was in a horrible car wreck years ago and didn't know Jesus.I can tell you when you believe your dead,you cry to God believer or not.I was spared of death that day by Jesus,and can tell you he is VERY real.Please people,believe that all that is happening in the world is Gods judgement for our turning our focus on things not of him.My desire is for EVERYONE to go to Heaven.Please understand Hell is very real,and God is a very jealous God and wants us to praise him.We were created to have a relationship with him,it is the devil that is telling each of you there is no God.Accept Jesus and be saved today!
Hogwash!.....Crying for Jesus huh? Well over my long life (I'm old ya know) I've had several very near brushes with death and Jesus never entered my mind. I thought about the people in my life that I love in those situations, but no Jesus and no God.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Yes. "Give" their life to christ in exchange for the "free" gift of salvation?

Meets the terms of a sale to me.
So, you believe living a moral life, is to high of a price to pay for eternal life? A moral life that would only benifit both you, your family, and society at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or