U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
 
7 posts, read 10,165 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Speaking on the character of Muhammad (pbuh), Mahatma Gandhi says in (Young India),


"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind....I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to this friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life."

Prof. Ramakrishna Rao

"The personality of Muhammad, it is most difficult to get into the whole truth of it. Only a glimpse of it I can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes! There is Muhammad, the Prophet. There is Muhammad, the Warrior; Muhammad, the Businessman; Muhammad, the Statesman; Muhammad, the Orator; Muhammad, the Reformer; Muhammad, the Refuge of Orphans; Muhammad, the Protector of Slaves; Muhammad, the Emancipator of Women; Muhammad, the Judge; Muhammad, the Saint. All in all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of human activities, he is alike a hero."

Sarogini Naidu

Sarogini Naidu, the famous poetess of India says about Islam: "It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: 'God Alone is Great'… I have been struck over and over again by this indivisible unity of Islam that makes man instinctively a brother."


Lamartine

If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls. . . his forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma. This dogma was twofold, the unity of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with words.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"


W. Montgomery Watt

"His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad."


Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay


"It is not the propagation but the permanency of his religion that deserves our wonder, the same pure and perfect impression which he engraved at Mecca and Medina is preserved, after the revolutions of twelve centuries by the Indian, the African and the Turkish proselytes of the Koran. . . The Mahometans have uniformly withstood the temptation of reducing the object of their faith an devotion to a level with the senses and imagination of man. 'I believe in One God and Mahomet the Apostle of God' is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honours of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion."

George Bernard Shaw

If a man like Muhamed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness. Read the following writings of other Western authors...

Annie Besant
"It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher."
"But do you mean to tell me that the man who in the full flush of youthful vigour, a young man of four and twenty (24), married a woman much his senior, and remained faithful to her for six and twenty years (26), at fifty years of age when the passions are dying married for lust and sexual passion? Not thus are men's lives to be judged. And you look at the women whom he married, you will find that by every one of them an alliance was made for his people, or something was gained for his followers, or the woman was in sore need of protection."

Michael H. Hart

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."

WWW.rasoulallah.net

http://www.rasoulallah.net/index_english.asp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM
 
706 posts, read 1,343,729 times
Reputation: 308
I am a firm atheist, but I'm a big fan of Muhammad as a historical figure. What he accomplished is unrivaled in human history: a vast empire that seemed to come from nowhere, the second most widely-read book in history (considering the Bible as one book), and a religion that is adhered to in a greater combination of multitude and seriousness than any other in the world today! Chingis Khans and Mao Zedongs fade from the annals of human civilization, but Muhammad's legacy still grows to this day!

Sure, I believe the Koran is a work of fiction written by one of Muhammad's contemporaries, but it is a tremendous accomplishment nonetheless. It brought about social change that made the societies that converted to it more virtuous and even more economically competitive. If I had lived in the 600s Arabia, I would probably have been a very excited convert to Islam.


(BTW, lots of other similar quotes can be found, for example from Leo Tolstoy.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
 
7 posts, read 10,165 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you for your comment, if you want to know much about Muhammad and Islam, would prefer to enter this site
Http://www.rasoulallah.net/index_english.asp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,813,902 times
Reputation: 5455
light 123, I see you're new so welcome. Also I would suggest instead of copying and pasting all of the paragraphs that you have in the OP you should just provide the link and then give a brief description in your own words. It looks like you did put in the link but we're not supposed to put the entire text in a post because it becomes a copyright issue. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 AM
 
7 posts, read 10,165 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you for welcoming me
The whole idea of this thread is about reporting some of neutral philosophers and writers about this man away from the fanatic speeches we hear today
So I guess that the copy and paste technique is not so out of place in this case
And don’t worry about the copyright issues I checked the website policy and it is all right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,496,035 times
Reputation: 579
Muhammad was in a cave and wrote the quran, but He was illiterate. Sorry, I would not want to follow someone like that. He had hallucinations in a cave and had the nerve to say that He was hearing from God with the message from an angel. Muhammad was not as true as muslims claim, because it says that when the angel came to Him, He went to His wife because He thought that He was crazy. If you have a relationship with God, you will know when you are having an encounter with God or angels, and He had know clue.

Muhammad (PBUH) was protected from physical harm by his uncle Abu Talib who stood by his nephew’s side his entire life, but never converted to Islam. But if muhammad was a prophet of God, then God would have protected Him, so why is He relying on His uncle for protection?

So, if muhammad was this great prophet instead of running to his wife when he had an encounter with an angel, it looks like he would have prayed to God for guidance since he was in this cave for years.

The quran is not the word of God, because the God that muslims say that they serve don't even know Jesus to be God when scriptures plainly says it.

If a person speaks in the names of false gods, that person is a false prophet. (muhammad spoke in the names of false gods.)

If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.

Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God.
—————————————————— Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.

We have seen that, according to a passage regarded by many Muslims as divine revelation, a person who either delivers a message that does not come from God or speaks in the names of false gods must be a false prophet. But this means that Muhammad was a false prophet, since he did both when he delivered the infamous "Satanic Verses."

We learn about the Satanic Verses, not from Christian or Jewish sources, but from early Muslim writings. Accounts of the Satanic Verses are given in a number of early sources, including: (1) Ibn Ishaq, (2) Wakidi, (3) Ibn Sa’d, (4) al-Tabari, (5) Ibn Abi Hatim, (6) Ibn al-Mundhir, (7) Ibn Mardauyah, (8) Musa ibn 'Uqba, and (9) Abu Ma'shar. According to the great Muslim scholar Ibn Hajar, three chains of transmission (isnad) in these accounts "satisfy the conditions requisite for an authentic report." Moreover, Sahih al-Bukhari, Islam’s most trusted source on the life of Muhammad, gives indirect confirmation of the event (Number 4862, quoted below). Beyond this, certain verses of the Qur’an (17:73-5 and 22:52-3) were revealed in response to Muhammad’s embarrassing lapse into polytheism.

The polytheists were delighted that Muhammad had at last approved of their gods. To return the kindness, they "prostrated themselves because of the reference to their gods which they had heard, so that there was no one in the mosque, believer or unbeliever, who did not prostrate himself" (p. 109).

Muhammad’s friendly relations with the polytheists were short-lived, however, for he soon learned that his verses praising pagan idols came not from God, but from Satan Saddened to recognize his treachery against Allah, Muhammad lamented: "I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken" (p. 111). Yet "Gabriel" comforted Muhammad, informing him that all prophets fall for Satan’s tricks from time to time. This staggering and unbelievable claim even found its way into the Qur’an:

Whatever we think of the preposterous Qur’anic explanation of the Satanic Verses (and its defense of Muhammad), it is clear that the Prophet of Islam, on at least one occasion, delivered a message that did not come from God. It is also clear that Muhammad, on at least one occasion, spoke in the names of false gods.(10)

Unlike Moses, the Koran teaches that Muhammad did not get his revelation directly from God Himself, he received it from the angel Gabriel:

Therefore, unlike Moses, Muhammad was never in God’s presence. His face never shined with God’s glory. Therefore, with respect to this requirement, Muhammad must be disqualified.

According to Deuteronomy 9:10-11, Moses introduced a covenant relationship between God and the children of Israel when he brought the Ten Commandments down from the mount. Exodus 24:4-8 reveals that his covenant was sealed by blood.

Since the Scriptures teach that the children of Israel broke this covenant that was made, a new and better covenant was required. This was established through Jesus Christ when He shed His blood at the crucifixion at Calvary.

Not only did Muhammad fail to establish any type of a covenant between Allah and his people, he taught against such beliefs. In the Koran, Sura 4:157 states:

In order for the Islamic faith to be true, that Muhammad is the ‘Seal of the Prophets,’ there must be some type of evidence that a prophecy that is written in the Koran was fulfilled. However, there is not! The best illustration of a prophecy that the Muslims can provide is located in Sura 30:2-4. This has already been addressed

Since there is no prophecy in the Koran, Muhammad had absolutely no authority to challenge and supersede the writings and teachings of Moses and the prophets. Furthermore, he had no authority to refute the crucifixion that is clearly taught in the New Testament Scriptures. Islam’s defenders use the teachings in the Koran and the so-called authority of Muhammad to justify their beliefs. However, it must be noted that many Muslims are innocent and unaware of the fact that Muhammad himself failed to establish his own credibility as a prophet of God. As a result, everything that is written in the Koran must stand on its own merits and should not be seriously considered unless it is supported by other sources that have credibility.

Through Moses, the LORD God of the Bible displayed miraculous signs and wonders. The Koran reports no signs and wonders that Allah demonstrated through his prophet Muhammad.

As we have seen, Moses offered himself to God to be slain so that his people could live. He also made intercession for the people. Likewise, so did Jesus! By giving Himself up as the final sacrifice for sin so that all can obtain everlasting life, Jesus satisfied all seven requirements to be the Prophet of Deuteronomy 18:15, 18

Muhammad failed to meet this final requirement, and all other qualifications to be the Prophet of Deuteronomy 18:15, 18.

Christians and Jews refer to the teachings in the Bible as written by Moses and the prophets. Meanwhile, Muslims refer to the Koran. Though the Bible contains numerous proven and supported prophecies, the Koran does not contain any. Just like any other religion, many teachings that were written by Muhammad in the Koran may be noteworthy, while some may not. To investigate the possibility of Muhammad being a great teacher, it is necessary to refer to the hadiths and find out what some of Muhammad’s friends wrote about him, the things he said, and what he taught.

Muhammad allegedly claimed that the Antichrist, called the Dajjal, was to appear shortly after the Muslim conquest of Constantinople. The following traditions are taken from the Sunan Abu Dawud

Accordingly, the Muslims conquered Jerusalem in AD 636 and Constantinople was taken over by the Muslims in May of AD 1453. Based on the preceding traditions, the antichrist should have manifested himself in December of AD 1453. This never happened! The only possible conclusion that can be made with respect to this matter is as follows: The prophecies regarding Yathrib (Medina) being in ruins and the Antichrist's arrival to take place seven months after the conquest of Constantinople never materialized. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet!

Consequently, the Holy Scriptures provide a warning to all people regarding those who prophesy falsely in the name of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 18:22 states:

Regarding Muhammad, this was certainly the case as he prophesied falsely in the name of the LORD. Finally, assuming that Muhammad lived today and that the world submitted to the laws written in the Bible, Deuteronomy 18:20 decrees the death penalty upon Muhammad:

“But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 AM
 
995 posts, read 1,202,936 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Muhammad was in a cave and wrote the quran, but He was illiterate. Sorry, I would not want to follow someone like that. He had hallucinations in a cave and had the nerve to say that He was hearing from God with the message from an angel. Muhammad was not as true as muslims claim, because it says that when the angel came to Him, He went to His wife because He thought that He was crazy. If you have a relationship with God, you will know when you are having an encounter with God or angels, and He had know clue.
He wrote the Quran and he was illiterate? Isn't that a paradox? The Quran is the highest form of Arabic Language that even the finest poets of that era could not emulate and this was acknowledged by them. In fact, God even issued them a challenge in the Quran to write even a verse to match the Quran which up till now no one could.
Why did Muhammad ran back to his wife after his encounter with Gabriel? He was in the cave meditating, to be away from a society that was worshiping idols and reflect. What would you do if all of a sudden an angel were to appear before you and command you to read when you could not even read? Would you not have try to flee from such an encounter - this is normal. All the while he was in the cave, there were no signs (yet) that anything supernatural would happen. God had not yet let His presence be known until that fateful day via his messenger the Archangel Gabriel. And isn't it wonderful that the first person he turned to was his wife Khatijah? You would think that in those days of pre-Islamic arab societies where maschismo rule, the last thing a man would want to do is to rush to his wife for comfort after seeing something etc...definately not in that society where women are treated worse than slaves. Muhammad was not such a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Muhammad (PBUH) was protected from physical harm by his uncle Abu Talib who stood by his nephew’s side his entire life, but never converted to Islam. But if muhammad was a prophet of God, then God would have protected Him, so why is He relying on His uncle for protection?
Prophets are humans not divine so they have to undergo hardships etc etc like any other humans. If you say that about prophet Muhammad then a muslim can ask you why did not God protect his so-called only son but instead sacrificed him? And please don't use the off-quoted 'to save mankind' reason.
To save you the bother of typing, yes his uncle did not convert to Islam despite Prophet Muhammad's pleas to him and going all out to save his uncle. This is partly a lesson to anyone that only God will ultimately be the decider of who goes to Heaven or Hell - not his messengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
So, if muhammad was this great prophet instead of running to his wife when he had an encounter with an angel, it looks like he would have prayed to God for guidance since he was in this cave for years.

The quran is not the word of God, because the God that muslims say that they serve don't even know Jesus to be God when scriptures plainly says it.

If a person speaks in the names of false gods, that person is a false prophet. (muhammad spoke in the names of false gods.).
You obviously have not really read up on the biography of the Last Messenger, relying instead of websites which are obviously hostile to the Messenger. For one, the Prophet did not spend years in the cave. He went there during certain periods to meditate and reflect. He certainly was not holed up there for years, neglecting his family and life in the town.

Pray what scriptures mentioned about Jesus being God? The old testaments? No right? The new testament? And this new testament - when did it originate? When Jesus was around? No right? The new testatment written by unknown men who have probably never met Jesus in person - people like Paul who claimed to be 'inspired' - inspired by who pray tell? Could it be by something else other than God? And who was the judge that admitted Paul's claim of 'divine inspiration'? False gods you say? Muhammad preach worship of One God just like the God of Moses and Solomon and David - One and the Same God - whereas the bible preaches worship of 3 Gods (be it 3-in-1 or Father and Son and Spirit) all these are athnema to one who is a monotheist.



Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
If a person delivers a revelation that doesn’t come from God, that person is a false prophet.

Muhammad delivered a revelation that didn’t come from God.
—————————————————— Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet.
We have seen that, according to a passage regarded by many Muslims as divine revelation, a person who either delivers a message that does not come from God or speaks in the names of false gods must be a false prophet. But this means that Muhammad was a false prophet, since he did both when he delivered the infamous "Satanic Verses."

We learn about the Satanic Verses, not from Christian or Jewish sources, but from early Muslim writings. Accounts of the Satanic Verses are given in a number of early sources, including: (1) Ibn Ishaq, (2) Wakidi, (3) Ibn Sa’d, (4) al-Tabari, (5) Ibn Abi Hatim, (6) Ibn al-Mundhir, (7) Ibn Mardauyah, (8) Musa ibn 'Uqba, and (9) Abu Ma'shar. According to the great Muslim scholar Ibn Hajar, three chains of transmission (isnad) in these accounts "satisfy the conditions requisite for an authentic report." Moreover, Sahih al-Bukhari, Islam’s most trusted source on the life of Muhammad, gives indirect confirmation of the event (Number 4862, quoted below). Beyond this, certain verses of the Qur’an (17:73-5 and 22:52-3) were revealed in response to Muhammad’s embarrassing lapse into polytheism.

The polytheists were delighted that Muhammad had at last approved of their gods. To return the kindness, they "prostrated themselves because of the reference to their gods which they had heard, so that there was no one in the mosque, believer or unbeliever, who did not prostrate himself" (p. 109).

Muhammad’s friendly relations with the polytheists were short-lived, however, for he soon learned that his verses praising pagan idols came not from God, but from Satan Saddened to recognize his treachery against Allah, Muhammad lamented: "I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken" (p. 111). Yet "Gabriel" comforted Muhammad, informing him that all prophets fall for Satan’s tricks from time to time. This staggering and unbelievable claim even found its way into the Qur’an:

Whatever we think of the preposterous Qur’anic explanation of the Satanic Verses (and its defense of Muhammad), it is clear that the Prophet of Islam, on at least one occasion, delivered a message that did not come from God. It is also clear that Muhammad, on at least one occasion, spoke in the names of false gods.(10)

Unlike Moses, the Koran teaches that Muhammad did not get his revelation directly from God Himself, he received it from the angel Gabriel:

Therefore, unlike Moses, Muhammad was never in God’s presence. His face never shined with God’s glory. Therefore, with respect to this requirement, Muhammad must be disqualified.

According to Deuteronomy 9:10-11, Moses introduced a covenant relationship between God and the children of Israel when he brought the Ten Commandments down from the mount. Exodus 24:4-8 reveals that his covenant was sealed by blood.

Since the Scriptures teach that the children of Israel broke this covenant that was made, a new and better covenant was required. This was established through Jesus Christ when He shed His blood at the crucifixion at Calvary.

Not only did Muhammad fail to establish any type of a covenant between Allah and his people, he taught against such beliefs. In the Koran, Sura 4:157 states:

In order for the Islamic faith to be true, that Muhammad is the ‘Seal of the Prophets,’ there must be some type of evidence that a prophecy that is written in the Koran was fulfilled. However, there is not! The best illustration of a prophecy that the Muslims can provide is located in Sura 30:2-4. This has already been addressed

Since there is no prophecy in the Koran, Muhammad had absolutely no authority to challenge and supersede the writings and teachings of Moses and the prophets. Furthermore, he had no authority to refute the crucifixion that is clearly taught in the New Testament Scriptures. Islam’s defenders use the teachings in the Koran and the so-called authority of Muhammad to justify their beliefs. However, it must be noted that many Muslims are innocent and unaware of the fact that Muhammad himself failed to establish his own credibility as a prophet of God. As a result, everything that is written in the Koran must stand on its own merits and should not be seriously considered unless it is supported by other sources that have credibility.

Through Moses, the LORD God of the Bible displayed miraculous signs and wonders. The Koran reports no signs and wonders that Allah demonstrated through his prophet Muhammad.

As we have seen, Moses offered himself to God to be slain so that his people could live. He also made intercession for the people. Likewise, so did Jesus! By giving Himself up as the final sacrifice for sin so that all can obtain everlasting life, Jesus satisfied all seven requirements to be the Prophet of Deuteronomy 18:15, 18

Muhammad failed to meet this final requirement, and all other qualifications to be the Prophet of Deuteronomy 18:15, 18.

Christians and Jews refer to the teachings in the Bible as written by Moses and the prophets. Meanwhile, Muslims refer to the Koran. Though the Bible contains numerous proven and supported prophecies, the Koran does not contain any. Just like any other religion, many teachings that were written by Muhammad in the Koran may be noteworthy, while some may not. To investigate the possibility of Muhammad being a great teacher, it is necessary to refer to the hadiths and find out what some of Muhammad’s friends wrote about him, the things he said, and what he taught.

Muhammad allegedly claimed that the Antichrist, called the Dajjal, was to appear shortly after the Muslim conquest of Constantinople. The following traditions are taken from the Sunan Abu Dawud

Accordingly, the Muslims conquered Jerusalem in AD 636 and Constantinople was taken over by the Muslims in May of AD 1453. Based on the preceding traditions, the antichrist should have manifested himself in December of AD 1453. This never happened! The only possible conclusion that can be made with respect to this matter is as follows: The prophecies regarding Yathrib (Medina) being in ruins and the Antichrist's arrival to take place seven months after the conquest of Constantinople never materialized. Therefore, Muhammad was a false prophet!

Consequently, the Holy Scriptures provide a warning to all people regarding those who prophesy falsely in the name of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 18:22 states:

Regarding Muhammad, this was certainly the case as he prophesied falsely in the name of the LORD. Finally, assuming that Muhammad lived today and that the world submitted to the laws written in the Bible, Deuteronomy 18:20 decrees the death penalty upon Muhammad:

“But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.”
Phew...so much to write..Maybe another time me or any of the muslim brothers will take the time to refute all the above untruths and lies piece by piece.
To generalise a little - the so-called Satanic Verses are a so-called lie. The narrator of the that hadith was agreed by all to be a fabricator and his works are not taken by any serious scholar. This is the fact.
Try as you might, you can never justify that the messiah foretold to Moses was Jesus. Jesus was the opposite of Moses. The only Prophet who fitted the role prophesied and was unto like Moses was Muhammad s.a.w.
What was propehesied was not constantinople but rome. Please read and research more thoroughly.
It seems to me you have gone to some anti-Islam websites to gather all the above mis-information. Sad. You should at least try to learn more about the Prophet, his life and times in an unbiased way, before passing judgement about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,496,035 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
He wrote the Quran and he was illiterate? Isn't that a paradox? The Quran is the highest form of Arabic Language that even the finest poets of that era could not emulate and this was acknowledged by them. In fact, God even issued them a challenge in the Quran to write even a verse to match the Quran which up till now no one could.
Why did Muhammad ran back to his wife after his encounter with Gabriel? He was in the cave meditating, to be away from a society that was worshiping idols and reflect. What would you do if all of a sudden an angel were to appear before you and command you to read when you could not even read? Would you not have try to flee from such an encounter - this is normal. All the while he was in the cave, there were no signs (yet) that anything supernatural would happen. God had not yet let His presence be known until that fateful day via his messenger the Archangel Gabriel. And isn't it wonderful that the first person he turned to was his wife Khatijah? You would think that in those days of pre-Islamic arab societies where maschismo rule, the last thing a man would want to do is to rush to his wife for comfort after seeing something etc...definately not in that society where women are treated worse than slaves. Muhammad was not such a man.



Prophets are humans not divine so they have to undergo hardships etc etc like any other humans. If you say that about prophet Muhammad then a muslim can ask you why did not God protect his so-called only son but instead sacrificed him? And please don't use the off-quoted 'to save mankind' reason.
To save you the bother of typing, yes his uncle did not convert to Islam despite Prophet Muhammad's pleas to him and going all out to save his uncle. This is partly a lesson to anyone that only God will ultimately be the decider of who goes to Heaven or Hell - not his messengers.



You obviously have not really read up on the biography of the Last Messenger, relying instead of websites which are obviously hostile to the Messenger. For one, the Prophet did not spend years in the cave. He went there during certain periods to meditate and reflect. He certainly was not holed up there for years, neglecting his family and life in the town.

Pray what scriptures mentioned about Jesus being God? The old testaments? No right? The new testament? And this new testament - when did it originate? When Jesus was around? No right? The new testatment written by unknown men who have probably never met Jesus in person - people like Paul who claimed to be 'inspired' - inspired by who pray tell? Could it be by something else other than God? And who was the judge that admitted Paul's claim of 'divine inspiration'? False gods you say? Muhammad preach worship of One God just like the God of Moses and Solomon and David - One and the Same God - whereas the bible preaches worship of 3 Gods (be it 3-in-1 or Father and Son and Spirit) all these are athnema to one who is a monotheist.





Phew...so much to write..Maybe another time me or any of the muslim brothers will take the time to refute all the above untruths and lies piece by piece.
To generalise a little - the so-called Satanic Verses are a so-called lie. The narrator of the that hadith was agreed by all to be a fabricator and his works are not taken by any serious scholar. This is the fact.
Try as you might, you can never justify that the messiah foretold to Moses was Jesus. Jesus was the opposite of Moses. The only Prophet who fitted the role prophesied and was unto like Moses was Muhammad s.a.w.
What was propehesied was not constantinople but rome. Please read and research more thoroughly.
It seems to me you have gone to some anti-Islam websites to gather all the above mis-information. Sad. You should at least try to learn more about the Prophet, his life and times in an unbiased way, before passing judgement about him.
Sorry, I'm not interested in debating over a guy who never received his messages from God, but directly from an angel unlike the other prophets.

I have read up on his life and he is a false prophet. Yes, all prophets under go hardships, but that does not mean telling the people what they want to know and accepting their pagan God. So know thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 PM
 
995 posts, read 1,202,936 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Sorry, I'm not interested in debating over a guy who never received his messages from God, but directly from an angel unlike the other prophets.

I have read up on his life and he is a false prophet. Yes, all prophets under go hardships, but that does not mean telling the people what they want to know and accepting their pagan God. So know thanks.
And yet you accept the fairy tale about the divinity of Jesus from a man (Paul) who had never even met Jesus and who claimed (unsubstantiated) that he was divinely inspired??

By the way, the Seal of the Prophets did meet God during the miraculous Night Journey. He was transported from Makkah to Jerusalem in hours and from there he was brought up to the heavens (all 7 levels) to meet with God where he was presented with the Command to initiate the daily prayers. He was the only Prophet to have that honour. Along the way, through the 7 levels of heaven, he met with Adam, Moses, Jesus, John the Baptist, Aaron, Moses and Abraham and the other Messengers/Prophets...but that's another story

By the way, the arrival of Prophet Muhammad was already foresaw in the other religion's scriptures such as the Vedas of Hinduism, the Zoroastorian scriptures and also the Buddhist scriptures. But again that's another story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,496,035 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
And yet you accept the fairy tale about the divinity of Jesus from a man (Paul) who had never even met Jesus and who claimed (unsubstantiated) that he was divinely inspired??

By the way, the Seal of the Prophets did meet God during the miraculous Night Journey. He was transported from Makkah to Jerusalem in hours and from there he was brought up to the heavens (all 7 levels) to meet with God where he was presented with the Command to initiate the daily prayers. He was the only Prophet to have that honour. Along the way, through the 7 levels of heaven, he met with Adam, Moses, Jesus, John the Baptist, Aaron, Moses and Abraham and the other Messengers/Prophets...but that's another story

By the way, the arrival of Prophet Muhammad was already foresaw in the other religion's scriptures such as the Vedas of Hinduism, the Zoroastorian scriptures and also the Buddhist scriptures. But again that's another story

Actually Saul did meet Jesus who was then called Paul! On the road to Damascus.

Muhammad, well, you know I want waste my time or yours debating over a false prophet. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top