U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,817,371 times

Advertisements

jojajn wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich
They didn't whip old ladies because they accepted bread from a man outside their family in the Old Testament.

You might want to read it!
I've very aware of all of the cruelty and sadistic behavior of the Old Testament but I think we should focus on what is actually happening in the twenty first century. The OP is about what is happening in Saudi Arabia right now as opposed to 500 or a thousand years ago in areas that were dominated by Christians. Christian nations are not engaged in those behaviors today but the government of Saudi Arabia is acting as though they're living in an era that's centuries old and those old rules still apply. I think the OP deserves some consideration and I hate to see it derailed into a Christian versus Muslim discussion because the rights of women who are living today and suffering from the male dominated religion of Islam need to be addressed. I do agree with your thoughts about the Old Testament but I don't think it belongs in this particular thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,290,548 times
Wow.

That is a harsh....

For bread? Serious?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,078,567 times
it's worse in afghanistan the women are burning themselves with gasoline to show the world what's happening to them.. the men over there are cruel and viscous barbarians and should be castrated immediately!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wow.

That is a harsh....

For bread? Serious?
i agree with you
i made my research about this from original arabic sources , just wanna to say that even muslims in suidia and in arab world are angry and disagree and surprised from such decision

Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM

55,727 posts, read 74,738,506 times
yep their justice system sure is messed up. almost as bad as gang rapes that dont get punished and murders and home invasion where the owners get sued for self defense or cops rot in jail for shooting back at the bad guys. they sure are messed up in the mideast, not like us.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,814,401 times
OMG Why are people so horrible to one another?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,259,377 times
That's because women are second class citizens in Arab countries.

The article below came from the website which exposes the errors of Islam (http://www.islamreview.com/index.htm)

Islam Review - Presented by The Pen vs. the Sword Featured Articles . . . Islam: the Facade, the Facts The rosy picture some Muslims are painting about their religion, and the truth they try to hide.

INCREDIBLE TEACHINGS OF MOHAMMED (THE FOUNDER OF ISLAM)

By Abdullah Al Araby

Mohammed's teachings are included in what is called "Hadith." The "Hadith" is a record of Mohammed's words and deeds according to his wives, relatives, and companions. Next to the Quran, it is the most important part of Islamic law; its teachings are just as binding. All of the quotes here are from "SAHIH AL-BUKHARI" which comes in nine volumes, and contains thousands of Hadiths. AL BUKHARI is accepted by most Muslims as the authentic words of Mohammed.

WOMEN ACCORDING TO MOHAMMED.

Women are deficient in mind and religion

Mohammed asked some women, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half that of a man?" The women said, "yes," He said, "This is because of the deficiency of the woman's mind. " Vol. 3:826

Mohammed to women: "I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than you." Vol. 2:541

The majority of people in hell are women

Mohammed said, "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers are women. " Vol. 1:28, 301; Vol. 2:161; Vol. 7:124

Women are a bad omen

Mohammed said, " Bad omen is in the woman, the house and the horse." Vol. 7:30

Women are harmful to men

Mohammed said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women." Vol. 7:33

Women may not wear wigs

Mohammed said, " Don't wear false hair for Allah sends His curse upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially." Vol. 7:133

When a religion has no respect for it's women.....what do you expect?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,817,371 times
elwill wrote:
Quote:
That is a harsh....

For bread? Serious?

i agree with you
i made my research about this from original arabic sources , just wanna to say that even muslims in suidia and in arab world are angry and disagree and surprised from such decision
Thanks for your thoughts elwill. I hope this will make more people stop and take a look at what's really going on in that country.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
elwill wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts elwill. I hope this will make more people stop and take a look at what's really going on in that country.
i hope so

actually in arab forums , this judgment is discussed between muslims as to be very strange and very harsh and not islamic atall
they also wandering within discussion how such things be arrived to court in the first place and considered to be a crime . there is somthing weird in this case , no details i can found but i agree that it's disgusted judge

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,529,734 times
So I have been reading this thread for a few days...it makes me so sad at the very core of my being. I checked out this book from the Library and it is giving a very chilling look at life in Saudi Arabia....if anyone is interested...it is written by a Swiss woman who married Osama Bin Laden's older brother. Inside the Kingdom: My Life in Saudi Arabia by Carmen Bin Laden
Inside the Kingdom - My Life in Saudi Arabia, By Carmen Bin Ladin - Large Print Reviews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or