Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM

22 posts, read 29,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Amen! Jesus is the Son of God.

http://islamtomorrow.com/bible/son_of_who.asp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 03:33 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
What's the necessity of a mere servant to be raised from a virgin?
Different Prophets performed different miracles at different times and for different people of different mental levels and cultures.
But they all performed miracles according to the needs and requirements of their specific times.

And during the days of Jesus pbuh medicine and healing techniques were at its peak.
Therefore God prepared his Prophet Jesus accordingly and sent him with such miracles that would impress the people of his time and make them believe that indeed this guy has been sent by God since he has something that no ordinary person can have

Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM

22 posts, read 29,558 times
Quote:
What's the necessity of a mere servant to be raised from a virgin?

A couple of shagging saducees would do this job.

Curfew alert for braderjoe, britishmuslim and posse:
I have heard your perspectives enough, thank you very much. I'm looking for new muslim opinions.

The scholars say that the creation of ‘Eesa without a father has a certain wisdom; part of it is to show the Might of Allaah The Almighty in creating whatever He Wants whenever and however He Wills.</SPAN>
Allaah The Almighty Created Aadam with neither a father nor a mother. and ‘Eesa without a father. Part of the wisdoms is to test people’s faith. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {</SPAN></SPAN>Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allaah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust;…} [Quran 3:59]</SPAN></SPAN>

if there is no probeme what is you relegion?</SPAN>

Old 03-27-2009, 04:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
Different Prophets performed different miracles at different times and for different people of different mental levels and cultures.
But they all performed miracles according to the needs and requirements of their specific times.

And during the days of Jesus pbuh medicine and healing techniques were at its peak.
Therefore God prepared his Prophet Jesus accordingly and sent him with such miracles that would impress the people of his time and make them believe that indeed this guy has been sent by God since he has something that no ordinary person can have
Elwill, God can still empower a man with miracles without the virgin.

What is the need for a mere prophet to be born by divine intervention, the only case of divine intervention?

Islam could have done some critical analysis via some inductive reasoning approach and probably omitted the virgin part or the veneration of Mary.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioula View Post
"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [3:42-47]
marioula,

The passage you quote illustrates that Mohammad acknowledges Jesus as the promised Messiah. Please explain how you reconcile this.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 PM

305 posts, read 1,233,692 times
Quote:
NO GOD BUT ALLAH

We always respect Jesus we add alayhi salem (pbuh)
he is prophet yes but son of god of course no

Allah said about Jesus, son of Mary: "He is only a servant whom We blessed and We made him an example to the children of Israel" (43: 59).

respect wont cut it............

Old 03-28-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Elwill, God can still empower a man with miracles without the virgin.

What is the need for a mere prophet to be born by divine intervention, the only case of divine intervention?
yes , God can still empower a man with any miracles , but the miraculous birth of jesus is to show us the power of God
to show us that It is very easy for God to create a man or anything,.... because if its not then how can he be a God who has power over everything and anything?????????
Jesus’ miraculous birth was a sign to people of the spiritual world who understood the spirit of the Divine Law.

Muslims believe Jesus, peace and blessings upon him, performed his first miracle in the cradle by defending his mother’s honor to her family and people.

Quran tells us that Jesus said:
" As a messenger to the children of Israel:" I come to you with a sign from your Lord; I create for you from clay shape of a bird, then blow into it and it becomes a live bird from God's leave (permission and will). I restore vision to the blind, heal leprous and I revive the dead by God's leave. I can tell you what you eat and what you store in your homes. This should be a proof for you if you are a believers." [3:49]
"God is my Lord and your Lord; you shall worship Him alone. This is the Right Path. When Jesus sensed their disbelief he said,"Who are my supporters towards God?"
The desiples said, " We are God's supporters; we believe in God, and bear witness that we are submitters." [3: 51-52]

Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
marioula,

The passage you quote illustrates that Mohammad acknowledges Jesus as the promised Messiah. Please explain how you reconcile this.
yes , muslims believes that jesus (pbuh) is the promised massiah
we believe jews were waiting him and that they knew his coming
actually the bible described that jews waited 3 prophets
1- the babtist
2- the massiah
3 that prophet

Old 03-28-2009, 04:50 AM

4 posts, read 4,438 times
Quote:
Women have always played an important role in the Muslim community

islam gave and gives her a prominent place ,
dignity and also she is respected
this is absent in other religions.
Here is a video of a women being respected by islam for having sex without her owner, i mean husband or family's permission. The religion of peace: [URL]http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/video/stoning-short.wmv[/URL]

Here is more evidence of the peaceful way that is true to sharia's heart: [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7516238.stm[/URL]

Conform Property Be Obedient or Die.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/imag...20dominate.gif

Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 PM

305 posts, read 1,233,692 times
allah is satan masquerading as light......
denying the diety of Christ at every turn- in the form of many religions..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam