Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Your only saying that because your not there getting whipped.
I wouldn't be whipped because I would not be breaking the rules. I do not break rules - at least not the ones that count.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:31 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I wouldn't be whipped because I would not be breaking the rules. I do not break rules - at least not the ones that count.
20yrsinBranson
Sieg Heil! Good little Nazi rule followers never broke the rules either. That was very societally beneficial too.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
^^ How hypocritical.....

Old 04-03-2009, 11:21 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,261 times
Christians always talk about how Islam is so barbaric and crazy, but honestly Christianity is built on the same principles.

These days, mainstream Christianity does not see this kind of violence. But the mindset, the religious beliefs and the religious culture of fundamentalist Christianity is basically the same as Islam. The doctrines are incredibly similar.

Sometimes is hard to look into the mirror and see the imperfections.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
^^ How hypocritical.....
I hardly think that if I don't send a thank you note for a present that it is going to impact the very fabric of society.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-03-2009, 11:59 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Quote:
I hardly think that if I don't send a thank you note for a present that it is going to impact the very fabric of society.

20yrsinBranson

I'm sure that is the only rule in society you break.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
What if you were raped? Would you deserve the whiping? Or more accurately, would you deserve your execution?

Or are all those girls 'bad' and somehow they 'asked for it'?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,261 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
You would probably enjoy living in North Korea. Everyone there follows the rules.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Christians always talk about how Islam is so barbaric and crazy, but honestly Christianity is built on the same principles.

These days, mainstream Christianity does not see this kind of violence. But the mindset, the religious beliefs and the religious culture of fundamentalist Christianity is basically the same as Islam. The doctrines are incredibly similar.

Sometimes is hard to look into the mirror and see the imperfections.
I love this line of reasoning. How is that these things turn into an opportunity to somehow put Christians and Christianity in thier place? It is either 'oh christians do it so Islam is not bad' or it is 'yeah Islam is crazy and barbaric but oh do not forget about Christians either.' Why do you seem to hijack threads and twist it into you little hate speach against Christians? Oh and that goes for Mystic to - comparing fundimentalists as Nazi's and the Taliban - Please.

There is a huge difference between not only the theology of Islam and Christianity but Militant Islamic Jurisprudence and Christian societies. Both of you should be ashamed of yourself for such a comparison. And don't bring up something that happened a 1000 0r 4000 yrs ago. The point is how hypocritical you guys are in talking about the barbaric aspects of modern Islam by basically ignoring it or making some little remark but then taking the opportunity to poke at Christianity. God forbid that you would say as much as you do about Christains on these threads as well as Isalm, but once you get the opportunity to do so it just turns into another way in which you can hate on Christianity. It is qiut pathetic and sickening frankly.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:12 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Oh and that goes for Mystic to - comparing fundimentalists as Nazi's and the Taliban - Please.
The comparison was on ONE characteristic only . . . OBEDIENCE to authority for its own sake as a virtue . . . no other characteristics were involved. The post I responded to saw it as virtuous . . . I chose a very un-virtuous example of it . . . that's all. I have little respect for OBEYERS . . . just for obedience sake. The reason for and purpose of rules and laws should always be the overriding driver of compliance . . . so that appropriate decisions about the obedience can be made in each unique circumstance.
Quote:
God forbid that you would say as much as you do about Christains on these threads as well as Isalm, but once you get the opportunity to do so it just turns into another way in which you can hate on Christianity. It is qiut pathetic and sicking frankly.
I do not hate Christianity . . . I love Christ and Christ's message. I do despise "Bibleanity" and what fundamentalists have done to distort and twist Jesus Christ's beautiful message and example of love . . . into a sick, twisted, fearful, hateful, intolerant, dogma-driven, blind obedience to simplistic readings and interpretations of ancient scriptures written by primitive savages. Ask me how I really feel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam