U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
 
67 posts, read 93,962 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I found these on that site and felt compelled to answer them.

1. Jesus Christ(God) approved genocide and terrorism as legitimate tactics of war, and encouraged his born again followers of Christ to commit terrorism and genocide against others. Considering this fact, why are you now saying that terrorism and genocide are evil and are sins against Jesus when Jesus himself approved of it?

Jesus never did any such thing. Your site lists ALL Old Testament scripture, then says it was Jesus' doing, and that He encouraged Christians to do these things. Absolutely false. Christians were not even around in OT times. We were not born again and called Christians until after Jesus' death. This is a blatant twist of scripture and a lie.


2. The Old Testament is a book which plays a dynamic role in the life of the Christian, they appeal to this book for guidance in their the daily affairs of life - to find out what is right and what is wrong. Everywhere from worship, friendship, marriage, parenting. Therefore, what is wrong with referring to Bible for spiritual guidance on how an army should conduct wars and tactics of warfare?

Again, not true. Many Christians do go to the 10 Commandments in the OT, but that is it (I don't even do that). They do not look to the whole OT as guidance, as it was nailed to the cross. Another blatant lie.

3. 2 Tim 3:16 states all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. Considering that all scripture is profitable, which one of these 4 categories listed in 2 Timothy 3:16 do genocide and terrorism(1 Samuel 15:3) fall in?

That would have fallen under "instruction in righteousness" at that time, I suppose, as they (Jews, not Christians) did what was told of them by YHWH.


This was also on the site:

"It is important to point out that Christians believe that Jesus is God( Islam teaches that Jesus is NOT God, rather Godís Messenger). Christians also believe that God inspired the Bible. Therefore, if God = Jesus, then it was Jesus(God) who inspired this commands to go commit genocide against this nation of people as we read in 1 Sam 15:3. These are Jesus Christ's words. What is even more demented, is that Jesus Christ ordered the killing of babies! There can be no explanation offered that could make sense of such commands."

Again, a twisting of things that makes it absolutely not true, just showing you do not understand the Godhead. "Jesus" (God the Son) was in the beginning with God the Father, but He did not actually teach until He came to the earth (NT). Everything you read in the OT is from the Father, YHWH, the SAME GOD YOU CLAIM TO WORSHIP. It was written to the Jews of that time, not Christians.

It's very sad if Muslims believe everything that is on this site, and others I'm sure.
Well as a christian i have lived and worked among more Muslims than my own people, have not read the Bible since i was a child and worship our father in heaven, i have been to Hell and i never seen any fire or flame and some men of Somaria approached and introduced themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,227 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Why do Christians preach that their religion is the only correct one and every other religion is blasphemy? It's the exact same thing, the only reason why these rules arent enforced by Christians is because there is no Christian theocracy.
All religions no matter what they are deal with accountability and the consequences of mans actions( the rights and the wrongs we do). Islam says if your good deeds outweigh your bad, you go to heaven. Other religions believe in re-incarnation and that if you live a good life now you will come back as a prince but live badly and you come back as a bullfrog. Catholicism talks about paying pennants and purgatory where you will have a second chance, then you get your eastern philosphy and things like carma .

True Christianity is set apart from all religion because it says that we cannot earn our own way into heaven. Its the only religion which has a Saviour, Jesus Christ. We follow the commands of our God and its got nothing to do with no theocracy. Jesus said that this world is not our home so we are not to fight.God said vengeance is His. Do you realize that in Hollywood and over the world in the media, they don't use Budha,Mohammed or any other gods names as a curse word but the name of Jesus Christ is used and abused. The bible is the best selling book in history bar none and if it were a fairytale, it would have just gone away by now and people would have gotten bored of it but because its the word of God, it stands today.

See my blog:

[url=http://twoworldreligion.blogspot.com]No more isms or false religions[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 04:12 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,227 times
Reputation: 10
Can I ask everyone reading this to visit this website:

[url=http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml]The Way of the Master[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 04:19 AM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,256 posts, read 6,078,502 times
Reputation: 1511
Its impossible to debate religion...everyone who believes in Christianity, Islam, etc. are absolute in their thinking so I don't even know why we debate religion anymore. Even the people that want to "gain" and understanding which is far and few...it all goes back to the absolutes people believe in.

There is a reason why America is so great...freedom of religion...everyone living here can believe whatever they want without fear of persecution. With any religion comes the absolutes. Religion is the reason why there will never be peace in the Middle East. They have been fighting the same battle since the Crusades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 AM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,256 posts, read 6,078,502 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuswaytoheaven View Post
Can I ask everyone reading this to visit this website:

The Way of the Master
Only if you read this

The Dark Bible: Contents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
 
21 posts, read 40,244 times
Reputation: 10
this is lie . islam is not violent. it respect the other religions. and deosnt insult christians who dont insult muslums. believe me please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,288,922 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind girl15 View Post
this is lie . islam is not violent. it respect the other religions. and deosnt insult christians who dont insult muslums. believe me please

Some *people* who are muslims are peaceful.

Some *people* who are muslims are violent.

The same is true if all religions, everywhere. It is people that make the difference, not the religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
 
21 posts, read 40,244 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Some *people* who are muslims are peaceful.

Some *people* who are muslims are violent.

The same is true if all religions, everywhere. It is people that make the difference, not the religion.
but *people* who are muslims are peaceful. why they are peaceful.. because profet mohammed was peaceful. he is our example.

Some *people* who are muslims are violent. are irregular situation.. not all muslums like this.
if you dont persuade about mohammed . i will give you the arguments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
 
21 posts, read 40,244 times
Reputation: 10
the arguments
Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Eastern time zone
4,469 posts, read 6,331,519 times
Reputation: 3488
.

Last edited by Aconite; 08-13-2009 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: Never mind, they won't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top