U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 PM

3,628 posts, read 9,216,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

Muslims must earn their way into heaven through their good deeds, and all their bad deeds will count against them.

Christianity sounds much easier if you ask me, accept Jesus and that he died for your sins and go to heaven? It does sound like an attractive offer.
Definitely sounds like the Christians took the easy way out! good for them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 06:27 PM

3,628 posts, read 9,216,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Don't you think that this is a very closed-minded and stubborn way of looking at religion?

I don't mean this as an insult. But seriously?
no kidding!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:42 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,994,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
The way I see it, any religion that has to outlaw the seeking of other religions, has something to hide. Why would Islamic run countries ban the Bible? If Islam was the way, they would'nt have anything to fear from thier people comparing the two books, the Koran and the Bible, to see which one makes more sense. Why would Islamic countries execute anyone who converts to Christianity? Because they know that if any of thier believers took a hard, honest look at Islam and Christianity then a significant number of thier flock would switch teams. Thier Koran and the religion itself is full of holes that Christianity fills, and the leaders of the Islamic faith know this. Here is my question, and would any Muslim please answer> Why do the Islamic countries have such laws and practices against other religions and what do they have to fear from even the basic knowledge of other religions if Islam is the real path to God?
Based on my experience, an overwhelming majority of people follow the religion they were born into. Then they spend their lives justifying how great it is. You probably fit this profile.

Your arguments would have more credibility if you studied multiple religions before you made up your mind. Most of the religious people arguing against you likely have the same cerdibility issue (from my viewpoint).

Obvious question - me? I wanted to look at various religions but even before that wanted to first see if I believed in god - I didn't and this made my life easier and better.

Last edited by calmdude; 04-05-2009 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM

995 posts, read 1,202,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Obvious question - me? I wanted to look at various religions but even before that wanted to first see if I believed in god - I didn't and this made my life easier and better.
But why don't you believe in a Creator? I mean just look all around you - it can't just happend by chance right? The whole universe thing. Impossible all that happened is chance

Old 04-06-2009, 07:01 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,994,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
But why don't you believe in a Creator? I mean just look all around you - it can't just happend by chance right? The whole universe thing. Impossible all that happened is chance
No one really knows the process that led to it - our scientific knowledge seems to stop at a tiny fraction (10E-23?) of a second after the big bang. From then till now science explains most of the evolution of the universe. I do not believe on any god mainly based on my gut and reasoning (different thread). Many discussions on this -some with knowledgeable people of faith of various religions in different countries - have simply reinforced my beliefs. I consider myself well-read but till now, I never even felt the need to read a single book on atheism and I am extremely comfortable with me being one.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:41 AM

1,403 posts, read 3,130,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Just because you can't wrap your head around how the universe began doesn't mean it couldn't have happened that way...it just means you don't understand it.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,319,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

Muslims must earn their way into heaven through their good deeds, and all their bad deeds will count against them.

Christianity sounds much easier if you ask me, accept Jesus and that he died for your sins and go to heaven? It does sound like an attractive offer.
Big difference. It's obvious that good deeds have little to do with christianity.
Everything is forgiven!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,776,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Why do Christians preach that their religion is the only correct one and every other religion is blasphemy? It's the exact same thing, the only reason why these rules arent enforced by Christians is because there is no Christian theocracy.
This is the definitive answer to the question posed by the OP.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:54 AM

4,469 posts, read 6,336,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
Jesus.

Hate to break it to ya, Range, but Jesus (pbuh) exists in Islam.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:58 AM

4,469 posts, read 6,336,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Wow. That's scary. I have always been taught to study what others believe so I can discuss the Bible with them, and know where they are coming from. We should always question anything men teach.

Except, of course, your own elders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam