U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:29 AM

4 posts, read 6,637 times

Advertisements

[quote=ArmyRanger;8188809]The way I see it, any religion that has to outlaw the seeking of other religions, has something to hide. Why would Islamic run countries ban the Bible? If Islam was the way, they would'nt have anything to fear from thier people comparing the two books, the Koran and the Bible, to see which one makes more sense. Why would Islamic countries execute anyone who converts to Christianity? Because they know that if any of thier believers took a hard, honest look at Islam and Christianity then a significant number of thier flock would switch teams. Thier Koran and the religion itself is full of holes that Christianity fills, and the leaders of the Islamic faith know this. Here is my question, and would any Muslim please answer> Why do the Islamic countries have such laws and practices against other religions and what do they have to fear from even the basic knowledge of other religions if Islam is the real path to God?[/quote
The Islamic country never practices against other religion. They only want to avoid muslim (with a little iman) from following the wrong path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 AM

4 posts, read 6,637 times
The Islamic country never practices against other religion. They only want to avoid muslim (with a little iman) from following the wrong path. It is a responsiblity for muslim to take care for their brother or sister, asking them for doing the wrong thing.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 AM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
hi sanspeur
you said that these information not true , and that you will not going to be silent , yet you didn't show us the truth and you didn't determine the errors , why ?

is your only proofs is that we have this information from islamic site ?(actually i can't imagine scientific site talking about any religions)
it seems to me arrogance when you consider islamic sites enough proof for the fake information , it will be fair if you proved for me that this site contains errors , if you can't do that so i have no reasons to mistrust it

afterall , and for the sake of discussion , i have noprobelm to find for you proofs from unbiased scientific sites , just show me what you think is error

thanx
The bit I quoted from the site was enough to convince me of it's purpose...That was on the front page....When the site starts off with vicious slander why would I believe anything on it?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:04 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The bit I quoted from the site was enough to convince me of it's purpose...That was on the front page....When the site starts off with vicious slander why would I believe anything on it?
let us redirect our purposes
i want to discuss these errors , i'm a seeker of the truth
and i promise you that i will be honest
just help me and show me the errors , please

Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 AM

2,529 posts, read 3,871,556 times
Quote:
Just as I thought...A Muslim apologetics site....Just as biased and invalid as the Christian ones...I have no inclination to wade through it and disprove what is expressed there as facts, but I'm quite sure I could.

This is snipped from that site....Do you agree with it and think it's truth?

COMMENTS: This debate series helps understand the relationship between the Bible and the Quran. The Bible encourages Christians to commit genocide and kill non-combatants (innocent civilians) during war... and especially chase after little girls and boys, wrestle them to the floor... and stab them to death in the name of Jesus Christ.
Wow. I would really like to hear from the Muslims if they believe this to be true, and if so, why. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2009, 07:59 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,726,808 times
When I was a Christian, I found it easier to trip the little boys and girls, rather than wrestle them to the floor. Of course we still stabbed them to death in the end, either way. I'm just throwing that out there in case any Christians are looking for an alternative technique.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 AM

I found these on that site and felt compelled to answer them.

1. Jesus Christ(God) approved genocide and terrorism as legitimate tactics of war, and encouraged his born again followers of Christ to commit terrorism and genocide against others. Considering this fact, why are you now saying that terrorism and genocide are evil and are sins against Jesus when Jesus himself approved of it?

Jesus never did any such thing. Your site lists ALL Old Testament scripture, then says it was Jesus' doing, and that He encouraged Christians to do these things. Absolutely false. Christians were not even around in OT times. We were not born again and called Christians until after Jesus' death. This is a blatant twist of scripture and a lie.

2. The Old Testament is a book which plays a dynamic role in the life of the Christian, they appeal to this book for guidance in their the daily affairs of life - to find out what is right and what is wrong. Everywhere from worship, friendship, marriage, parenting. Therefore, what is wrong with referring to Bible for spiritual guidance on how an army should conduct wars and tactics of warfare?

Again, not true. Many Christians do go to the 10 Commandments in the OT, but that is it (I don't even do that). They do not look to the whole OT as guidance, as it was nailed to the cross. Another blatant lie.

3. 2 Tim 3:16 states all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. Considering that all scripture is profitable, which one of these 4 categories listed in 2 Timothy 3:16 do genocide and terrorism(1 Samuel 15:3) fall in?

That would have fallen under "instruction in righteousness" at that time, I suppose, as they (Jews, not Christians) did what was told of them by YHWH.

This was also on the site:

"It is important to point out that Christians believe that Jesus is God( Islam teaches that Jesus is NOT God, rather Godís Messenger). Christians also believe that God inspired the Bible. Therefore, if God = Jesus, then it was Jesus(God) who inspired this commands to go commit genocide against this nation of people as we read in 1 Sam 15:3. These are Jesus Christ's words. What is even more demented, is that Jesus Christ ordered the killing of babies! There can be no explanation offered that could make sense of such commands."

Again, a twisting of things that makes it absolutely not true, just showing you do not understand the Godhead. "Jesus" (God the Son) was in the beginning with God the Father, but He did not actually teach until He came to the earth (NT). Everything you read in the OT is from the Father, YHWH, the SAME GOD YOU CLAIM TO WORSHIP. It was written to the Jews of that time, not Christians.

It's very sad if Muslims believe everything that is on this site, and others I'm sure.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 AM

5,165 posts, read 8,261,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
I believe that people who don't believe in a creator are ego centrist, cowards.

Epic fail.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Wow. I would really like to hear from the Muslims if they believe this to be true, and if so, why. Thanks!
It seems to me that the purpose of that particular site is to fire up hatred against Christians. It is full of lies and exaggerations and paints Christianity as a violent bloodthirsty religion. I don't believe it's reason is to compare the two religions, and win converts.....If it is then it's a total failure.

Braderjoe.....Is it a bonifide moderate Islamic site, or is it an extremist muslim site? Is there a difference?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
It seems to me that the purpose of that particular site is to fire up hatred against Christians. It is full of lies and exaggerations and paints Christianity as a violent bloodthirsty religion. I don't believe it's reason is to compare the two religions, and win converts.....If it is then it's a total failure.

Braderjoe.....Is it a bonifide moderate Islamic site, or is it an extremist muslim site? Is there a difference?
I agree sanspeur. I hope you got my apology from another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam