U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Reputation: 161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It seems to me that the purpose of that particular site is to fire up hatred against Christians. It is full of lies and exaggerations and paints Christianity as a violent bloodthirsty religion. I don't believe it's reason is to compare the two religions, and win converts.....If it is then it's a total failure.

Braderjoe.....Is it a bonifide moderate Islamic site, or is it an extremist muslim site? Is there a difference?
where is the errors you claimed to be exist about our scientific discussion , why you trying to revert the discussion ? !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
The way I see it, any religion that has to outlaw the seeking of other religions, has something to hide. Why would Islamic run countries ban the Bible? If Islam was the way, they would'nt have anything to fear from thier people comparing the two books, the Koran and the Bible, to see which one makes more sense. Why would Islamic countries execute anyone who converts to Christianity? Because they know that if any of thier believers took a hard, honest look at Islam and Christianity then a significant number of thier flock would switch teams. Thier Koran and the religion itself is full of holes that Christianity fills, and the leaders of the Islamic faith know this. Here is my question, and would any Muslim please answer> Why do the Islamic countries have such laws and practices against other religions and what do they have to fear from even the basic knowledge of other religions if Islam is the real path to God?
Here is the OP.....It is not a scientific discussion, and I'm right on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,273,174 times
Reputation: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyranger View Post
jesus.
lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 AM
 
995 posts, read 1,201,304 times
Reputation: 117
Look Sanspeur, that site may be extremist from your point of view..i dont visit that site much & even if i do its more to read and find out about the scientific verses - but the point is the scientific arguments put there - they do not go against modern science, and like elwill asks - where are the errors that you supposedly claim existed in the verses? None.

Btw if you were to read more you will see that that site was set up in response to certain lies put up by certain extreme christians site - sites such as faithfreedom.org & answeringislam.com among others where lies and distortions about Islam are deliberately published. Its fine if what they put up are what is preached by Islam but nooooo....verses are deliberately distorted and taken out of context with the main aim of making Islam the boogeyman to those visitors who do not have much knowledge about Islam. Why do they do it? Its because they do not have a viable response to Islam. So the only alternative left for them is to lie and state untruths etc and even slander one of the greatest maybe even the greatest man in human history.

Oh...btw that site that you said...you do know that the site http://www.examinethetruth.com/craig_winn_exposed.htm just pointed out that anti-bible site and is not the owner of that site right? In fact the owners of that site is not a muslim. Just thought you'd like to know that.

Again I challenge you to show where in the Quran the verses go against modern scientific knowledge? You will not find any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,871,556 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Btw if you were to read more you will see that that site was set up in response to certain lies put up by certain extreme christians site - sites such as faithfreedom.org & answeringislam.com among others where lies and distortions about Islam are deliberately published. Its fine if what they put up are what is preached by Islam but nooooo....verses are deliberately distorted and taken out of context with the main aim of making Islam the boogeyman to those visitors who do not have much knowledge about Islam. Why do they do it? Its because they do not have a viable response to Islam. So the only alternative left for them is to lie and state untruths etc and even slander one of the greatest maybe even the greatest man in human history.
So...in return the Muslims do the same? So everything you just said here applies to Islam/Muslims, correct? Let's see how that works...

...whre lies and distortions about Christianity are deliberately published. Its fine if what they put up are what is preached by Christianity but nooooo....verses are deliberately distorted and taken out of context with the main aim of making Christianity the boogeyman to those visitors who do not have much knowledge about Christianity. Why do they do it? Its because they do not have a viable response to Christianity. So the only alternative left for them is to lie and state untruths etc and even slander the Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 07:42 AM
 
73 posts, read 117,315 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Except, of course, your own elders.

No you should question everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,871,556 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Except, of course, your own elders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheist SC View Post
No you should question everything.
I totally agree with atheistSC... you should question everything/everyone. Elders are only men. They do not know it all, nor are they infallible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It is easy to explain away, because it's just not true, and I'm not going to be silent.

Where did you find that stuff, on an Islamic apologetics site? The Mediterranean and Atlantic are constantly exchanging water. The Mediterranean has been metaphorically described as breathing, inhaling surface water from the Atlantic and exhaling deep water in a countercurrent below.

Vertical circulation also occurs because of variations in salinity, as saline water is denser than less saline water, and because warm water tends to rise and cold water tends to sink. Saline input comes from the Mediterranean Sea and to a lesser extent from the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. These seas lie in regions where evaporation exceeds precipitation and inflow. The more highly saline water produced by the net evaporation sinks in the eastern Mediterranean and flows in a deep bottom current, termed the Upper Deep Water, through the Straits of Gibraltar westward into the Atlantic Ocean, while at the surface, less saline Atlantic water flows eastward into the Mediterranean.

ocean current -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
I already did refute this tidbit of so called science that is purportedly in the quran...... "The waters of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic do not mix"

Here are a few more...Pick one... http://www.geocities.com/realitywith...radictions.htm

Last edited by sanspeur; 04-27-2009 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Reputation: 161
hi sanspuer
i allready read your supposed refutation , but i really didn't realized yet your case
what these information supposed to refute exactly , can you just cite the verses of quran beside the refutation to show us the errors you refere to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
hi sanspuer
i allready read your supposed refutation , but i really didn't realized yet your case
what these information supposed to refute exactly , can you just cite the verses of quran beside the refutation to show us the errors you refere to ?
See post# 49 by braderjoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top