Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:02 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It is easy to explain away, because it's just not true, and I'm not going to be silent.

Where did you find that stuff, on an Islamic apologetics site? The Mediterranean and Atlantic are constantly exchanging water. The Mediterranean has been metaphorically described as breathing, inhaling surface water from the Atlantic and exhaling deep water in a countercurrent below.

Vertical circulation also occurs because of variations in salinity, as saline water is denser than less saline water, and because warm water tends to rise and cold water tends to sink. Saline input comes from the Mediterranean Sea and to a lesser extent from the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. These seas lie in regions where evaporation exceeds precipitation and inflow. The more highly saline water produced by the net evaporation sinks in the eastern Mediterranean and flows in a deep bottom current, termed the Upper Deep Water, through the Straits of Gibraltar westward into the Atlantic Ocean, while at the surface, less saline Atlantic water flows eastward into the Mediterranean.

ocean current -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

"Obviously you did not read what I wrote or did not understand it

How does a man in who spent his whole life in the deserts of Arabia know all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 AM

14 posts, read 28,529 times
I believe that people who don't believe in a creator are ego centrist, cowards. These people who attack me for what I wrote don't know that I have been to every country that these religions originally started in and I have spent considerable time learning from each and then made my choice of religions based on fact. I didn't start out looking for a religion, I was a athiest and was lost and thought that I was my own god.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 AM

14 posts, read 28,529 times
I also want you all to know that this was a experiment of mine, so that I can learn how people will react to certain questions based on thier world view. Thank you all for participating.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:23 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
"Obviously you did not read what I wrote or did not understand it

How does a man in who spent his whole life in the deserts of Arabia know all this?
Just as I thought...A Muslim apologetics site....Just as biased and invalid as the Christian ones...I have no inclination to wade through it and disprove what is expressed there as facts, but I'm quite sure I could.

This is snipped from that site....Do you agree with it and think it's truth?

COMMENTS: This debate series helps understand the relationship between the Bible and the Quran. The Bible encourages Christians to commit genocide and kill non-combatants (innocent civilians) during war... and especially chase after little girls and boys, wrestle them to the floor... and stab them to death in the name of Jesus Christ.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,232 times
Quote:
Just as I thought...A Muslim apologetics site....Just as biased and invalid as the Christian ones...I have no inclination to wade through it and disprove what is expressed there as facts, but I'm quite sure I could.

COMMENTS: This debate series helps understand the relationship between the Bible and the Quran. The Bible encourages Christians to commit genocide and kill non-combatants (innocent civilians) during war... and especially chase after little girls and boys, wrestle them to the floor... and stab them to death in the name of Jesus Christ.
Well you are entitled to your views. That website was setup to refute lies spread by anti-muslim sites. Your heart sure has been sealed tight. May God soften it. Amen.
Anyway seeing the OP has closed this..

Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
If Christian fundamentalists took over, the first things to be banned would be other religions followed by dungeons and dragons, Harry Potter, Lord of the rings......

Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
Quote:
Well you are entitled to your views. That website was setup to refute lies spread by anti-muslim sites. Your heart sure has been sealed tight. May God soften it. Amen.
But do you really believe that Christians go about hunting little children and stabbing them?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
I also want you all to know that this was a experiment of mine, so that I can learn how people will react to certain questions based on thier world view. Thank you all for participating.

Hahahaha

FAIL

Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Seems to me that it was set up to spread lies about Christians, judging by what I found there.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,628 times
Quote:

hi sanspeur
you said that these information not true , and that you will not going to be silent , yet you didn't show us the truth and you didn't determine the errors , why ?

is your only proofs is that we have this information from islamic site ?(actually i can't imagine scientific site talking about any religions)
it seems to me arrogance when you consider islamic sites enough proof for the fake information , it will be fair if you proved for me that this site contains errors , if you can't do that so i have no reasons to mistrust it

afterall , and for the sake of discussion , i have noprobelm to find for you proofs from unbiased scientific sites , just show me what you think is error

thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam