U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:17 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,044,021 times

Advertisements

many people think that muslims hate nonmuslims , so whatever what happenes in the practical life i wanted to describe this relation from sight of view of quran and sunnah

The relationship between Muslims and non Muslims has been explained in details in the Holy Koran and in the Sunnah
Human beings are seen as one big family and that we are brothers and sisters in humanity as Allah says
49.13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Muhammad (pbuh) emphasized that concept when he said
"all people are equals in the sight of Allah, there is no superiority for Arab over non Arab or for black over white or for white over black the most noble among you in the sight of Allah is he/she who is most righteous and pious"

Allah has given all humans the free will and sent prophets to call people to worship Him and Him alone willingly, we as Muslims are commanded by Allah to call all people to worship their Guardian Lord who created them and this invitation must be according to Allah's command as He says "invite all to the way of your Lord with wisdom and best preaching and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious (Koran 16.125).

however the reactions from people will be different, some will accept the call and they will be Muslims and the others who will reject faith, to those Allah commands us to tell them
"to you be your religion (way of life) and to me mine"
Koran 109.6" , as simple as that

but the reactions of those who reject faith will differ too, since Islam stands for equality for all people so it is a threat to dictators, racists who think their race or color or wealth make them superiors, some will fight against Islam, as they may see Islam as a threat and a challenge to their beliefs since Islam rejects blind faith and imitation to one's parents and society without using the most perfected thing Allah ever created the mind
since blind faith is always against reason and Islam calls for reasoning and reflection in the signs of Allah in the universe which will lead to reject all non sense and accept the truth which comes from Allah alone, and those who have control over people thru their religious positions will see Islam as a threat since in Islam there is no priesthood or monarchy for every one is required to seek knowledge and teach as prophet Muhammad said
"the best thing the man can do is to learn and then teach"
so any Muslim can lead the prayer without asking people money for doing that, and there is no man between people and Allah

so Muslims have the right to defend themselves and also they are encouraged to repel the evil with good that may turn the enemies to be close friends, Allah says
"it maybe that Allah will establish love (friendship) between you and those whom you now hold as enemies, for Allah has powers over all things and Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful" (Koran 60.7)

and there are some rejecters who are peaceful and do not fight against Islam, regarding those Allah says
"Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them
for Allah loves those who are just" (Koran 60.8)

in addition Islam gives full protection for those who live under its shariah(laws) for their lives, property and practicing their religion and protecting their places of worship, and they are required to obey and respect Islamic laws as civilized citizens do, if any Muslim or non Muslim violates the law will be punished accordingly for all people are equals before the law, there is no second class citizens in Islam and those non Muslims who live in Islamic State (ruled by Islamic laws) are called the people of covenant means their protection is a covenant of Allah and His messenger Muhammad to them, and the
prophet said "whoever (Muslim) will harm unjustly a non Muslim I will be his opponent in the day of judgment".

when Muslims followed the Koran and the Sunna of prophet Muhammad they set the best example for mankind in how people can live together in peace and harmony with respect and dignity in spite of having different religions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 05:40 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,649,537 times
Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried telling this to the beheading boys of youtube?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:05 PM

500 posts, read 637,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
many people think that muslims hate nonmuslims , so whatever what happenes in the practical life i wanted to describe this relation from sight of view of quran and sunnah
Yeah...that's nice and all, but the reality is Muslims are intolerant of other faiths, especially faiths that live in the Islamic world. When I see halt of extermination of non Muslims by Muslims, in the name of Islam, then I'll believe your post, otherwise, it's blah blah blah blah.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Yeah...that's nice and all, but the reality is Muslims are intolerant of other faiths, especially faiths that live in the Islamic world. When I see halt of extermination of non Muslims by Muslims, in the name of Islam, then I'll believe your post, otherwise, it's blah blah blah blah.
Christian Arab, I would agree with you, partly. But those intolerant are the extremists. In my experience, there are millions of moderates out there, but they are easily silenced by the extremists. We can't integrate both together. This is why I keep asking every moderate muslim, "do you ever speak to the extremists in an attempt to tone them down"

Answer is "No". Again, they are moderates, Duh! When the extremists dictate, the moderates follow. No one wants to bell the cat.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Christian Arab, I would agree with you, partly. But those intolerant are the extremists. In my experience, there are millions of moderates out there, but they are easily silenced by the extremists. We can't integrate both together. This is why I keep asking every moderate muslim, "do you ever speak to the extremists in an attempt to tone them down"

Answer is "No". Again, they are moderates, Duh! When the extremists dictate, the moderates follow. No one wants to bell the cat.
As the saying goes, if you are not part of the solution, then are you part of the problem. The silent "peaceful" majority are sitting on their thumb while these radicals are running the show and representing Islam, until that changes, the views of Islam remains as the religion of intolerance, and violence.

That fact of the matter is, there are entire states that endorse this type of behavior (Saudi, Iran, Hammas in Pali, Hizballah in Leb and so on).

Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried telling this to the beheading boys of youtube?
unfortunatly , i have no connection with them , but i'm sure that if they read any islamic article about this issue , they will read the same

out of curiosity , are you mean the examples of the iraq ?
do you mean those muslims who asked the christians americans to leave thiere land and stop to killing them and thier families and thier children

colossus , i don't want to revert my subject to political one or to raise hateness discussions
i know that thiere are many christians will try to make that because they don't want for such peacefull view of islam to be clear

i just wanna to inform people that this the massage of islam and this is the beliefes of muslims and this is our quran , we don't hate nonmuslims

thank you Colossus_Antonis for your question

peace

Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
unfortunatly , i have no connection with them , but i'm sure that if they read any islamic article about this issue , they will read the same

out of curiosity , are you mean the examples of the iraq ?
do you mean those muslims who asked the christians americans to leave thiere land and stop to killing them and thier families and thier children

colossus , i don't want to revert my subject to political one or to raise hateness discussions
i know that thiere are many christians will try to make that because they don't want for such peacefull view of islam to be clear

i just wanna to inform people that this the massage of islam and this is the beliefes of muslims and this is our quran , we don't hate nonmuslims

thank you Colossus_Antonis for your question

peace
Elwill, I expected a unique response and not the regular cookie cutter response I have received for the same question.

A month back I posed this to braderjoe and he, like you, immediately dragged Iraq and the warring christians.

No politics. Let's isolate Islam. Why don't you guys stand up and speak to the Imams who spread hate in the friday prayers in every madrassa from pakistan to kuwait?

We all know why they even do it. We know it's the warring christians (when they don't come in as christians at all, don't they come in terms of Americans, Europeans, NATO?).

But aren't there other ways to wage war? Why not battle the warring christians as Iraqis, or Iranians? Why wage war in the name of Islam?

Why is it so difficult to divide between war and God?

All this discourse you provide to Christians here, won't it be more fruitful if you stood up in your Friday prayer and challenged your Imam who distorts the Quran?

Honestly, Allah will be happier if his name is invoked for good things.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
As the saying goes, if you are not part of the solution, then are you part of the problem. The silent "peaceful" majority are sitting on their thumb while these radicals are running the show and representing Islam, until that changes, the views of Islam remains as the religion of intolerance, and violence.
but i see exactly the same problem in the west, the majority are christians yet they did nothing for the crimes of thier countries against iraq or vitnam or afghanistan

Old 04-12-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Elwill, I expected a unique response and not the regular cookie cutter response I have received for the same question.

A month back I posed this to braderjoe and he, like you, immediately dragged Iraq and the warring christians.
i think that beheading thing you are talking about refering to iraq , may be i'm wrong so tell me which group you tries to refere to ?

Quote:
No politics. Let's isolate Islam. Why don't you guys stand up and speak to the Imams who spread hate in the friday prayers in every madrassa from pakistan to kuwait?
and why you hate Osama bin laden ? why you hate terrorists ? why you hate extremists ?

i don't need your answers , i know it
just it's the same reaons why packistan , iraq , kuit ...etc hate america as a system , they don't hate them for thier religion and they don't hate them in personal they just hate it's oppression

Quote:
We all know why they even do it. We know it's the warring christians (when they don't come in as christians at all, don't they come in terms of Americans, Europeans, NATO?).
i don't know the context of the prayer , but i think they refere to thire enemy not refering to entire christians

Quote:
But aren't there other ways to wage war? Why not battle the warring christians as Iraqis, or Iranians? Why wage war in the name of Islam?
we lives our life in the name of islam , we are peacefull in the name of islam either
let me tell you that it's obligatory in islam to defend our land and our selfs

Quote:
Why is it so difficult to divide between war and God?
it isn't difficult , it's impossible
as i told you before , islam is differ than any other religion , islam is way of life , islam is our guidence in our practical and our spiritual life , it's our guidence in peace and in war

in our religion there are commandments and limits and prohibitions which we should to follow in warfare and within the battlefield

Quote:
All this discourse you provide to Christians here, won't it be more fruitful if you stood up in your Friday prayer and challenged your Imam who distorts the Quran?
my discourse not for christians , it's for nonmuslims it's for other faiths in general

Old 04-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
but i see exactly the same problem in the west, the majority are christians yet they did nothing for the crimes of thier countries against iraq or vitnam or afghanistan
These wars aren't religion driven. The religion of peace aka Islam is using it's religion and followers to wage wars against anyone that doesn't believe, even killing their fellow citizens because they happen to be non Muslim.

I always knew you are a brain washed radical Muslim, now I know to what extent. Keep repeating what the Mullas are feeding you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or