Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:00 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Hey elwill....

Are you suggesting that sharia law is just and good? If it was up to you would we be living under sharia law?
i have no rights to impose shariah in other countries if they don't want it , if that's what you asking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 02:30 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i have no rights to impose shariah in other countries if they don't want it , if that's what you asking

I'm sorry...I assumed you lived in the US. If the US ever had a muslim majority should we be using it?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm sorry...I assumed you lived in the US. If the US ever had a muslim majority should we be using it?
if it was democratic country

Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Cool Now the problem with the Sharia turns to the wealth of action vs. intentional activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) laid down the laws - some of them were direct commands stated in the revelation of the Qur'an; other laws grew up based on the Prophet's own example and the various rulings he gave to cases that occurred during his lifetime. These secondary laws are based on what's called the Sunnah - the Prophet's words, example, and way of life.

So, all the laws of Sharia are based primarily on Qur'an and then on Sunnah, and after that, if there was no information in those two sources, judges were free to use their intelligence to make analogies. As in most legal systems, cases could then be referred to by later judges.
in my openion that's why there are some differes between rules isn islamic countries even if they based on shariah

What are the basic principles of Sharia?
These are to see the will of God done on earth as it is in Heaven (without any distinctions between religions)
The whole principle of God's will is to bring about compassion, kindness, generosity, justice, fair play, tolerance, and care in general, as opposed to tyranny, cruelty, selfishness, exploitation etc. All the rules of Sharia are towards those ends.

Forced marriage is not at all the same thing as arranged marriage. Muslims from many countries have a system of arranged marriages, in which the spouses may not have seen each other before marriage, but it always has to be with their free consent. The Prophet himself advised prospective spouses to at least 'look' at each other, until they could see what it was that made them wish to marry that person as opposed to any other. Women forced into marriage, or seeking divorce for general reasons, have the same sort of grounds in Sharia as in the west - cruelty, mental cruelty, adultery, abandonment, etc. They may even request a divorce for no specific reason whatever, so long as they agree to pay back the mahr (marriage payment) made to them by their husband if the husband does not wish to let them go but are obliged to

I wondered again over the importance of the concern here-in over good and proper love deeds. Being phyical for that is fine; but is the Sharia anything to do with the factual conjugal relation between the man and woman or deliberately avoiding ... is the Sharia anything to do with the major decisions for physical survival of that family in particular or deliberately avoiding... or is the Sharia trying to mend the irresponsible actions of man to woman with the generalization of tough to take for the opposition in government?

It seems that we cannot determine the equality of all human beings for the freedom to rule by the man and determine the meaning of Love by the woman for so. So therefore Islam gets mad for the majority of the families in the modern age which fail life. Hey, what is the dovorce rate amnogst muslims marraiges in America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam