Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:09 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The name Mecca (Makkah) is mentioned in the Holy Qur'an in 48:24. Another name for Mecca is Bakka, depending on the dialect of the tribe: this is also mentioned once, in Sura 3:96
"Verily, the first house (of worship) appointed for mankind was that in Bakka (Mecca), full of blessing, and guidance for all people."

Amazingly enough, this word Bakka is mentioned by the prophet David (PBUH) in the Bible:

"Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well, the rain also filleth the pools." (Psalm 84:6)

The well here is the well known well of Zam-Zam, still present now, close to the Ka'bah; after thousands of years.

Even if I were to believe the your teachers were right in this (as they are frequently way off on their hermeneutics and "new interpretations").......so what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Even if I were to believe the your teachers were right in this (as they are frequently way off on their hermeneutics and "new interpretations").......so what?

save your self be beleiving that Allah is the only god and Muhammad is his messenger
and Jesus is his messenger
and moses is his messenger

Old 03-12-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,636 times
I am the way ,I am the life ,I am the truth believe in Him will save
Jesus is the way,truth and life
What mohamad did in the world only killing the people how dear people u believe his words
I am ashemed of you people

Old 03-12-2010, 05:18 PM

232 posts, read 701,051 times
Save yourself, and remember that Muhammed is the False prophet of Revelations and Allah is really Satan.

Muhammad: The False Prophet and Teacher
Muhammad's False Prophecies
True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran

John 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
save your self be beleiving that Allah is the only god and Muhammad is his messenger
and Jesus is his messenger
and moses is his messenger

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 AM

148 posts, read 294,150 times
Being ignorant or hateful doesn't mean that Makkah is not the place where prophet Abraham put his child Ismael.

The people there are know throughout the history way before Islam that they are children of prophet Ismael son of Abraham, peace be upon him and his family.

I don't know why some people here try to hide this fact.

Thank you moonsun for your nice loving threads.

May God reward you good.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times

not only makkah is mentioned in the previous holy books but also Arafat is mentioned.

Arafat is one of main places the pilgrims in Hajj have to go to it in the 9th day of hajj month and worship Allah until sunset.
There is no blame on you in seeking bounty from your Lord, so when you hasten on from "Arafat", then remember Allah near the Holy Monument, and remember Him as He has guided you, though before that you were certainly of the erring ones. The Noble Quran.
in the bible they translated the name Arafat to desert or Heaven or something else

similar as when they translated the name Muhammad to in the bible to all together lovely

but if you listen to the acual verse in hebrew in Psalm 68:4 you hear the word Arafat.Arafat in the bible

several prophecies from the Bible about Mountain Arafat and the pilgrimage to it in islam - YouTube

Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM

762 posts, read 1,216,062 times
1 In days to come the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised up above the hills. Peoples shall stream to it, 2 and many nations shall come and say: "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths." For out of Zion shall go forth instruction, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 3 He shall judge between many peoples, and shall arbitrate between strong nations far away; they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more; 4 but they shall all sit under their own vines and under their own fig trees, and no one shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken. 5 For all the peoples walk, each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever. 6 In that day, says the Lord, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away, and those whom I have afflicted. 7 The lame I will make the remnant, and those who were cast off, a strong nation; and the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion now and forevermore. 8 And you, O tower of the flock, hill of daughter Zion, to you it shall come, the former dominion shall come, the sovereignty of daughter Jerusalem. 9 Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king in you? Has your counselor perished, that pangs have seized you like a woman in labor? 10 Writhe and groan, O daughter Zion, like a woman in labor; for now you shall go forth from the city and camp in the open country; you shall go to Babylon. There you shall be rescued, there the Lord will redeem you from the hands of your enemies. 11 Now many nations are assembled against you, saying, "Let her be profaned, and let our eyes gaze upon Zion." 12 But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord; they do not understand his plan, that he has gathered them as sheaves to the threshing floor. 13 Arise and thresh, O daughter Zion, for I will make your horn iron and your hoofs bronze; you shall beat in pieces many peoples, and shall devote their gain to the Lord, their wealth to the Lord of the whole earth.

Micah 3Micah 4Micah 5

I'm curious...How do you connect the pilgrimage of muslims to the above Biblical verses? Bear in mind that this place was considered a Holy Place of pilgrimage long before Islam came about.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM

762 posts, read 1,216,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Being ignorant or hateful doesn't mean that Makkah is not the place where prophet Abraham put his child Ismael.

The people there are know throughout the history way before Islam that they are children of prophet Ismael son of Abraham, peace be upon him and his family.

I don't know why some people here try to hide this fact.

Thank you moonsun for your nice loving threads.

May God reward you good.
It was ISAAC, not Ishmail that was offered for sacrifice.

Genesis 22

22 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”

Old 09-14-2014, 01:33 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Malcolm X - A Letter From Mecca

Malcolm X - A Letter From Mecca - YouTube

Old 09-14-2014, 01:52 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,427 times
Mecca was not inhabited until the 4th century and two tribes owned it before the Quaresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam