U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times

Advertisements

in one day i was talking with friend of mine about some modern researches , and he mentioned me about this theory " string" which simply state that science proofed existence of fourth dimension while our eyes just can see 3D

he told me that there are theories about existence of more than 16 dimensions (i think) , it's very complex and very interesting

Scientists have just confirmed the existence of Dark Matter. This mysterious Dark Matter is invisible however it provides the bulk of gravity that holds galaxies (not the regular matter that forms stars and planets). This invisible Dark Matter has weird collision properties (collisionless).
Simply put: we cannot see Dark Matter nor collide with it but we can detect its gravity.

In this image, two huge clusters of invisible Dark Matter (in blue) clashed with each other. With each cluster having a mass of 10,000 galaxies (each cluster a quadrillion times the mass of the Sun, 1015)!!! (See: Universe Today). However upon impact, instead of disintegrating into smaller pieces, they passed through each other unscaved! This means that they did not collide with each other either! They simply passed through each other!!!

In order to explain why this invisible Dark Matter neither collided with each other, nor did it collide with us but still we detected its gravity, physicists and cosmologists are working on theories with extra dimensions:

Quote:
"This means that the world at very small scales is not made up of particles living in three spacial dimensions, but perhaps strings and branes living in nine dimensions. String theories are the most active area of research in physics today..."
Gravity, Black Holes, and the Very Early Universe; T.Chow, Springer 2008 (p. 108)
Traditionally scientists thought that we live in a four dimensional universe: Time and the usual three spacial dimensions of length, width and height (x,y,z). However today there is evidence for six extra spacial dimensions. So we cannot see nor collide with this Dark Matter because it is in the remaining six extra dimensions.

[Quran 41.12] So [Allah] decreed them as seven heavens (one above the other) in two days and revealed to each heaven its orders. And We [Allah] adorned the lowest heaven with lights, and protection. Such is the decree of the Exalted; the Knowledgeable.

According to the Quran, only the lowest heaven has visible light. This means that this Dark Matter exists in the six Heavens superimposed above the lowest one. Also according to the Quran, each of these remaining six Heavens is of a different type and each has its own planets like Earth:
[Quran 65.12] Allah is the one who created seven Heavens and from Earth like them (of corresponding type); [Allah’s] command descends among them so that you may know that Allah is capable of anything and that Allah knows everything.

Earth is not a unique planet in Islam. may be Other planets like Earth do exist throughout the other six Heavens. It is just that we cannot see them nor collide with them but we can detect their gravity.

[Quran 67.3-4] [Allah] is the one who created seven superimposed Heavens. you can see no fault in the creation of the Most Gracious, so redirect your sight, do you see any rifts ? 4 Then redirect your sight again, your vision returns to you in defeat and regret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,686 times
String (rope/cable) theory as the candidate for the most fundamental of forces- ie. the strongest with its different manifestations forming the fundamental subatomic particles- quarks, graviton etc

Al-Emran Verse No:103

And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope (cable/cord) of Allah (i.e. this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.

God is telling us that his rope/cable/cord or string is the strongest- why rope/cable? only for the thinker

-rantai bara-

Old 02-22-2016, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,686 times
5.[Quran 51:7] " And the heaven containing weaved ropes.."

Once again Allah refers to the universe. As we know, the universe contains lots and lots of matter, and according to string theory, the most fundamental unit of matter is a very tiny,tiny strand of vibrating energy, vibrating in different frequencies. This, the latest theory in modern science is reflected in the Al-Quran. The ropes refer to the strings of energy, which Allah said are weaved together.

from
[url=http://laughtersutra.blogspot.com/2008/02/physics-in-quran.html]Riot.[/url]

Old 02-24-2016, 04:31 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
By definition the universe is everything that exists. therefore there is only one universe. We can only see that which is observable to us. there can be an infinite number of things we will never be capable of observing and they are still part of the universe.

Surah Al- Fatiha states:

Quote:
Al-Fatiha (The Opening) - 1:2
الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (1:2)

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameena

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, - 1:2 (Picktall)
As at the time of the revelation only one world was known to exist, this use of the plural worlds, implies that Allaah(swt) is the Lord of all things known and unknown. There is no contradiction if the universe extends infinitely even into multiple dimensions. Al-Fatiha indicates the universe is more than we will ever have knowledge of.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-24-2016, 09:26 AM

119 posts, read 107,322 times
If there are multi-verses in which they don't interact and don't see each other, then the name "Universe" is wrong. Personally, I always wonder

* Did God create this massive universe just for us! aren't We alone! (....and He created what you don't know)
* Are there multi-verses! (... Allah created seven heavens and seven earths...)

* Is the hadith of Ibn Abbas authentic when He said "“Seven earths: In every earth is a prophet like your Prophet, an Adam like your Adam, a Noah like your Noah, an Abraham like your Abraham and a Jesus like your Jesus." SOURCE

Old 02-24-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
If there are multi-verses in which they don't interact and don't see each other, then the name "Universe" is wrong. Personally, I always wonder

* Did God create this massive universe just for us! aren't We alone! (....and He created what you don't know)
* Are there multi-verses! (... Allah created seven heavens and seven earths...)

* Is the hadith of Ibn Abbas authentic when He said "“Seven earths: In every earth is a prophet like your Prophet, an Adam like your Adam, a Noah like your Noah, an Abraham like your Abraham and a Jesus like your Jesus." SOURCE
One issue here in regards to the Hadith of Ibn Abbas is how numbers were used at that time. typically when refering to quantities in that era what was used were Wahed (1) Ith'naan (2) or Kythr (Many) When a number was used it usually had a symbolic meaning and did not mean a specific quantity. 7 (Sab'a) carried several meanings all related to sacred or Holy

Old 02-24-2016, 10:54 AM

119 posts, read 107,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
One issue here in regards to the Hadith of Ibn Abbas is how numbers were used at that time. typically when refering to quantities in that era what was used were Wahed (1) Ith'naan (2) or Kythr (Many) When a number was used it usually had a symbolic meaning and did not mean a specific quantity. 7 (Sab'a) carried several meanings all related to sacred or Holy

I see what you mean, but let's forget the numbers, if you see the use of "in every earth..." indicates there are more than one earth, or maybe a planet like earth with inhabitants........etc.

I don't know, it is just a matter of guessing I think

Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
I see what you mean, but let's forget the numbers, if you see the use of "in every earth..." indicates there are more than one earth, or maybe a planet like earth with inhabitants........etc.

I don't know, it is just a matter of guessing I think
I can not be certain in regards to the hadith, just offering a possible explanation.

Of course I can not Speak for Allaah(swt) as only He knows His plans. But I think it is safe to assume that just with the estimated number of planets there is a likelihood some are inhabited.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam