Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Which is why you never see anybody using the Bible to condemn relationships between two consenting adults who happen to be of the same gender.

Oh...Snap.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
forest beekeeper wrote:
Quote:
MontanaGuy and June; if you folks are getting hitched soon, please, please do discuss every topic including the OP, before drinking and before the nuptials.
Actually we're just joking around. We're going to attend someone else's wedding in your beautiful state of Maine.
But remember June, what happens in Maine stays in Maine!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

But remember June, what happens in Maine stays in Maine!

Dear lord, I sure hope so!

-One drink too many for June and for all she knows, we just may end up leaving Maine as Mr. and Mrs. Montana!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Hebrews 13:
4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled:

I'm thankful this is the only "instruction" we have when it comes to sexual relations.
Wow. You're ignoring the entire book of Song of Solomon. There is some pretty graphic imagery in that book about the sexual relationship between man and wife.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Which is why you never see anybody using the Bible to condemn relationships between two consenting adults who happen to be of the same gender.
You haven't done much arguing about homosexuality with Christians have you? Or were you being sarcastic?
Quote:
Even if the bible doesn't condemn homosexuality (which I never said it does), no where does it tell the people how to do it.
Wait, what? Are serious? The Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality?

Quote:
Leviticus 18:22
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Quote:
Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Quote:
I Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Old 05-31-2009, 05:24 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Wow. You're ignoring the entire book of Song of Solomon. There is some pretty graphic imagery in that book about the sexual relationship between man and wife.
I ignored no such thing. Is that book there to tell us how we're allowed to have sex?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:56 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Quote:
Are you serious? Song of Solomon about a man and WIFE?! Do you know how many females this sick-o had?! Hundreds! I'd say it about this sick demented man and his obsession with women! You could say it is about man and WIVES and concubines. This man is called WISE! I never ever got that.....

Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I ignored no such thing. Is that book there to tell us how we're allowed to have sex?
Uh, yes! It's the Bible's instruction manual on romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Are you serious? Song of Solomon about a man and WIFE?!
Yeah. Did you read it?
Quote:
Do you know how many females this sick-o had?! Hundreds! I'd say it about this sick demented man and his obsession with women! You could say it is about man and WIVES and concubines. This man is called WISE! I never ever got that.....
The story isn't auto-biographical. It's a poem. Sounds like you are judging him based on some preconceived ideas you have about him. You don't know him. Have you studied him?

He's got to know women if he's going to please so many wives.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:12 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
He's got to know women if he's going to please so many wives.
I guess when you can rape and beat your wives (and slaves) into submission, it's not that important to please them.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I guess when you can rape and beat your wives (and slaves) into submission, it's not that important to please them.
Are you accusing Solomon of being a wife beater and a rapist? How about some evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam