U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,081 times

Advertisements

Sexual relations are among the important matters of life which Islam came to explain and to prescribe proper conduct and rulings which elevate it from the level of mere bestial pleasure and ..........

Fulfilling physical desires and enjoying physical pleasure. This alone is the feature that will be present in Paradise, because there will be no ............

The best doctors suggest that sex is one of the means of maintaining good health.............

Intercourse should be preceded by kind words, playfulness and kisses. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to play with his wives and ................

It is permissible for the husband to have intercourse with his wife in her vagina in whatever manner he wishes, from behind or from the front, on the condition that it is in her vagina, which is the ........

It is not permissible for the husband under any circumstances whatsoever to have intercourse with his wife in her back passage. Allaah says .............Islam QA - Etiquette of intimate relations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,793,012 times
I don't particularly care for the idea of a religion setting up rules and regulations regarding sexual matters. I do agree that women should be treated respectfully, which I think is what you're saying, and that sexual activity is a normal and healthy part of life. It also sounds like you're saying that sexual activity is only acceptable between a husband and wife which is something that I honestly don't agree with but I understand that this is a common belief among most of the major religions including Christianity.
What really bothers me about religion is that it is supposed to be used as a guide for absolutely everything that human beings engage in and it almost seems like a religious person is supposed to look up the rules for any activity to such an extent that they're almost acting like some kind of robot who dares not think for himself or herself. I know your thoughts are sincere but I'd rather think for myself and come to my own conclusions.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,090,160 times
nice to get sex advice from a prophet that had a 9 year old wife.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,871,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Kd...he married her when she was 6, started having sex with her when she was 9.

Hebrews 13:
4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled:

I'm thankful this is the only "instruction" we have when it comes to sexual relations.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Marriage for young girls was widely practiced among Arabs back then

Aisha's parents were the ones who married her to our Prophet, and that no Muslim or even pagan objected to the marriage because it was widely practiced.

women vary greatly in their development and their physical readiness for marriage.

When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.

Aisha, peace be upon her, might look as child to you, but back then she certainly was considered as "woman" who was qualified for marriage.

his enemy at that time did not say any thing regarding this because there was nothing unnatural otherwise they would say what you have said

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
when traveling back in time 1400 years to examine a lifestyle we never witnessed, it is unfair to apply our present day standards, so let's listen to the experts.
Authentic historical records prove that the social traditions of the time and place—regardless of religion—considered Arab females as women as soon as their menstrual cycles began. The custom was to give daughters in marriage at that age.
This was practiced by all dwellers in Arabia before Islam: pagans, disbelievers, Jews, and others. It's a fact that female menstruation in hot climates starts much earlier than in cold climates, so females in Arabia matured as early as 8 or 9; they also aged earlier than other women.

It's a neglected fact that before she was married to Muhammad, `A'ishah had been engaged to an infidel, Jubair ibn Mus'ab ibn Ady. Her fiancé broke the engagement on the basis of religious difference. So her father, Abu Bakr, agreed to give her hand in marriage to the Prophet.

after all , tell me
is your relegion determined the age of marriage ?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,901,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Yeah really. It is about as good as getting parenting advice from Lot in the Bible! Tossing your girls to the pervert crowd is always a winner in god's book.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I'm thankful this is the only "instruction" we have when it comes to sexual relations.
when the quran talk about sexual relation the quran does it in a polite way that can be read by adult and kids .

but in the bible because some words are created by man there are some verses should not be read to kids .

for example some verses in Ezekiel 23.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,090,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah really. It is about as good as getting parenting advice from Lot in the Bible! Tossing your girls to the pervert crowd is always a winner in god's book.

Can you show me where Lot was considered right to do that?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,902,713 times
Your faith teaches the proper way to engage in foreplay?????????????

Sorry, but if I am going to follow a religions sexual guidelines, I will follow the Kama Sutra, not the Koran.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM

2,529 posts, read 3,871,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
when the quran talk about sexual relation the quran does it in a polite way that can be read by adult and kids .
I didn't say I think it was written in poor taste. I'm just glad I don't have the bible telling me how to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam