U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:00 PM

179 posts, read 488,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
^
colossal defense against "ultimate truth", when coming to a stale mate ...

wish you had more to say and perhaps less power to play out ...
I wish you would use full sentences!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,576,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
mmmmm.....looking at some of your other posts, the reasons for your ignorance and arrogance are becomming more and more evident to me.

Nothing I say will convince you of the arrogance of your ignorance.
See, it's only evasion that you seem to practice.

Barring the argument we are having here, if only you can back your disagreement with a thesis, this should not have become this abrasive as it has turned out to be.

When I'm asking you to spill your beans, you're all about estooopidity (not sure if I got all those vowels right, you know the vowels, them, the contemporaries of consonants, the alphabets basically), ignorance, arrogance. All of them abstract nouns like you UltimateTruth

You know they always say the ignorant find the most educated ignorant owing to the irreconcilability of things so tangibly beyond their ignorance - the abstractness of the education which is so elusive to the former like the ultimate truth is to the spectrum of the naked eye. Incidentally, this flies either way, for polemics sake.

In the science of politics, altercations of every kind are flanked with dossiers, assertions and orations. I hope you will pick it up as you grow in the message boards. Several years ago, transmission network engineers never worked the internet up for the use of the lay man. Noone's in the age of 64K memory anymore.

Even the alleged stone-agers of Tehran, so obsessed with the Middle Ages, are puckering themselves up with isotopes and heavy water.

Probably, you react all like blah blah blah, but, I'm not gonna call you ignorant. Between the status quo and the status quo ante, Tony's just a casual observer.

Again, what do you know of Iran? Information amuses me, irrespective of the vagaries of the source. Information is all that matters to me

Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,732,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
I wish you would use full sentences!
they are complete from my side, but open-ended for you to respond, free and hopefully acknowledging goodwill.

or, if your honor would rather have it on better authority:
"a golden rule: to leave an incomplete image of oneself." (emile m. cioran)

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-23-2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
^
colossal defense against "ultimate truth", when coming to a stale mate ...

wish you had more to say and perhaps less power to play out ...

Hi, Effie, from Concordia University, Montreal,

Is the redemption of the Islamist dualistic? This one can spark a little debate: one may never die but be redeemed to a loving God: witness the demonstrators in Tehran this week. On may die without redemption for yourself but for the course of mankind: the church and state are clearly separate for the redemptive possibilities of the unknown Soldier where Justice forever is for the HUD OF ALLAH.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Question Oh well: here goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
You said you'd lived it.

If you are Iranian, I'd love to have the first Iranian's perspective on the board.

Or if you were UN ex-ambassador to Tehran, I'm all ears for your memoirs.

I would like to hear why Ahmedinejad is considered evil.

He is evil only because He refers to "genocide" as the abstract change for a state's historical concern as the ultimate Racist Act: i.e. breading.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,576,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
He is evil only because He refers to "genocide" as the abstract change for a state's historical concern as the ultimate Racist Act: i.e. breading.
If we take his ridiculous holocaust denial and inflammatory anti-Israeli rhetoric off the table, he's the average Caliph-like Islamic quasi-dictator, not even remotely as insane as Saddam Hussein.

Let's not even say quasi-dictator, they are still holding namesake elections.

Side note: Do you know of the biggest elections which can ever take place? It took place last month in India, billions voted and allegations of poll rigging were widespread. It's common losing party lingo. They even say W. actually rigged the polls in Florida.

Democracy is a sham in itself. It's more like time-constrained dictatorship. Democracy is democracy only when the dude making grande latte in some starbucks and who voted for Obama casually walks into the white house, places his arm over Barry's shoulder and says "Hi man" Is that the democracy we know?

Ahmedinejad may or may not have governed well.

But I know why the West is so concerned about him.

I once read Iran's oil output is 9 million barrells a day.

The rest of the world wants a spike in that number. It can happen only when the administration invests the revenues into better infrastructure. But what the man did was he pumped it into populist stuff - like a middle class Iranian man working his bum off can go into the bazaar and get himself a cheap plasma tv.

And that's wrong, indeed. He should invest in infrastructure to better service oilmen sitting outside in their SUVs and who bugger him with the IAEA, yet.

And who exactly passed enrichment methodologies to Iran? What did the West do with A Q Khan? Last I know he's chilling off in his fancy home in Islamabad.

So, let's do something useful and use the nutter to better the defence industry. These protests and the crocodile tears are boring

And I want my Iranian chicken kabobs marinated in ginger, with saffron rice

Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,050,035 times
OK, I really am not sure what the original question is asking. "Is a nation viable for a totally meaningful realm?" now, if I substitute the definition of the word "viable" into the sentence, it becomes "Is a nation able to live for a totally meaningful realm?" A nation is an abstract term and, as such, not a viable entity. It's political structure may be a viable entity, as in able to support it's populace. But, to ask if a country is viable is about like saying texas is viable, it is a state, not a living entity. The people are alive, the ground may support life, but it, of itself, is not alive. Or, am I overthinking this, expecting words to be used according to definitions and missing some sort of symbolic import?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,339,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
OK, I really am not sure what the original question is asking. "Is a nation viable for a totally meaningful realm?" now, if I substitute the definition of the word "viable" into the sentence, it becomes "Is a nation able to live for a totally meaningful realm?" A nation is an abstract term and, as such, not a viable entity. It's political structure may be a viable entity, as in able to support it's populace. But, to ask if a country is viable is about like saying texas is viable, it is a state, not a living entity. The people are alive, the ground may support life, but it, of itself, is not alive. Or, am I overthinking this, expecting words to be used according to definitions and missing some sort of symbolic import?
"Viable" is fairly commonly used for "sustainable".

Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,732,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
does that need investigation? (e.g. into the value of a referendum)

personally: i would have liked to be there when definitions were coined.

how many of us, wherever, whenever, have been asked ....?

p.s. checked concordia university. must be great.. especially with this..

http://oscar.concordia.ca/?referID=ConUHighlights

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-26-2009 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: thanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam