U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:49 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,735,836 times

Advertisements

by ruling the roost, all possible intelligence is gradually going down the drain.

(imho, naturally)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM

995 posts, read 1,202,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Men rule the roost in Islam. So it's exactly the way men want the ladies to dress. Let's not drag Allah into the fray
If men were really ruling the roost in Islamic society, the dress-code would probably be like that of the modern West. Luckily in a true Islamic environment, these men know that God's laws on dressing prevail thus the headscarf & loose clothings. It is not the men's doings.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the total time for the two clips are 20 minutes if you think it is too long to be watched then just check
the most exciting part of the story from minute 9:20 of part1 up to minute 1:44 of part2 about 2 minutes and 34 seconds only

God answered her prayer in less than 24 hours

Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 AM

21,502 posts, read 19,348,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie g-tad View Post
interesting.
comparisons to analogies with regards to internet correspondence have not yet been worth considering, or do you know better?

kindly include this seeming digression into op's topic!
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say ...

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say ...
that does not come as a surprise: dunno about you, but too many folks can't seem to differentiate between an overt interest in clarifying a question and a covert defamation; nor would they use the appropriate instruments this forum provides for sensitive issues.

btw. no ghost talks with suggestive fancies, imho.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 07-15-2009 at 07:24 AM..

Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
the last part less than 8 minutes

YouTube - ‫ثم أهتديت قصة إسلام سناء الأمريكية 3 من 3‬‎

Old 07-15-2009, 06:16 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,808,697 times
I noticed that women who made a personal decision to become a nun are included in this thread but I think that we need to acknowledge that the women who live in Muslim nations did not make a personal decision to dress like a beekeeper, their male dominated societies made that decision for them. Women who become nuns in western nations are not forced to choose their lifestyle, it's their own choice. I'm glad that they have that choice and can choose whatever lifestyle that they feel suits them. That's a very different thing from the dictatorship of muslim nations.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Some of them actually do wish to run around like a beekeeper. And they get angry when you say it is not actually them but their husbands and brothers who force them to dress up like a tent.
I guess the problem is where to draw the line between someone's own decision and an induced decision. Even a nun would probably not become a nun if she had not grown up in, say, a Christian environment, where the concept of being a nun was already present. Thoughts and thus also beliefs don't come out of the blue, they are culturally inherited, so to speak.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,808,697 times
Neuling wrote:
Quote:
Thoughts and thus also beliefs don't come out of the blue, they are culturally inherited, so to speak.
I agree with much of what you've said but there are many women living in places like Saudi Arabia who have expressed their anger about being completely dependent on men because their rights are so restricted. I think many of the younger generation in Muslim nations would like to see things change and they're also attracted to the freedoms of western nations. I've seen many interviews in news reports and documentaries in which young Muslim women have expressed that point of view.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 AM

Sure, most young women in Iran and places like that probably would like to enjoy greater freedom, and who can blame them. Oddly, in Germany, where there is religious freedom and everybody can wear almost anything, there are a number of women from Muslim backgrounds and even German converts, who voluntarily wear such gear. They say they want to protect themselves from the dirty looks of Western men But in my view the kind of looks a women gets from men and the kind of men she gets them from depend on the way she dresses and behaves. I don't think it makes sense to try and eliminate the natural interest men and women have in each other by trying to look as unattractive as possible. I know many Western women who look cute, but in a decent way. And they are treated accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or