U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:28 PM

55,791 posts, read 74,818,248 times

Advertisements

way too many people in the middle east seem to think its to produce IED's.
there has got to be a better way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 05:36 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,602,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
allah doesn't create anything. he's not real.
Typical atheist!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,479,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moon View Post
who said this ? do you really Believe on this ???????
Yes, I do believe it. It's not anything new and outrageous you know. There is actually solid evidence for evolution, as opposed to NO evidence in favor of creation by any deity.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,479,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
allah doesn't create anything. he's not real.
Neither is your imaginary sky-fairy friend in the sky.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,874,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Evolved from what? Explosive gases in the sky???
The basic building blocks of life, amino acids, are one of the most abundant substances in the universe.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 PM

125 posts, read 263,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Evolution is indeed an undeniable fact. However, evolution doesn't concern life's origins, and does not preclude a "creation" at some point in the distant past (as in billions of years) by some being or beings. It does of course falsify the creation stories described in the Bible, Quran, and other primitive man-made myths, but most intelligent, educated people already knew those were ridiculous fairytales anyway..

If there is a creator, it is not the god of Christianity, Islam or any other earthly religion, except perhaps Deism or Pantheism.
Will God leave us with no revelation?

I know you'll then ask what religion should i follow?; this diversity is intended by God, as it mentioned in the Holy Qur'an. (If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute.) 11,118,

Cause what's best for one person is not the best for the other person to reveal his true nature and heart, and so in the day of judgment, God knows every person and will judge him accordingly, and no one can tell except God, we hope the best for all,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/6516740-post19.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hell-free.html

I did not read about Deism, but I understand from the literal meaning is that it believes in one God but does not a agree with any other religion ,

Well in Islam we believe in God the one the only one, so in this we agree,

The point is that the belief in one God is in human nature and it gives relief and peace to heart,

So there must be one religion which is the revelation of God, and it every person own best to seek, and if he finds what his heart has peace with, then he'll embrace it.

We believe that holy Qur'an is the revelation of God, after a series of prophets including Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary, then Mohamed (peace be upon them),

And it does not contradict with any scientific fact, on the contrary,

Evolution is just a theory, may be it's correct in some aspect, but is does not give full answers, And it does not exclude the existence of God.

Whether God chose evolution to create us or manually created, this does not negate the fact that this universe and us are very intelligibly made.

Just look at how you speak, and this intelligent process and organs that allow you to do so., it's just an example from millions examples,

Dear Bro Dark Moon, your posts are wonderful, I agree, but I think it will not have the desired effect cause it's too long, I advice you to take one point at a time, and interact with members here, whom mostly I respect.

Thanks Bro,

Peace

Old 07-23-2009, 02:49 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,298,510 times
Do you EVER post anything original? Seriously?

Old 07-23-2009, 04:06 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,602,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud mrt View Post

I know you'll then ask what religion should i follow?
Nope.. actually I won't. All religions are man-made BS created to control others. Religion poisons everything, and the world would be much better off without it.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,874,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud mrt View Post

I know you'll then ask what religion should i follow?; this diversity is intended by God, as it mentioned in the Holy Qur'an. (If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute.) 11,118,

Cause what's best for one person is not the best for the other person to reveal his true nature and heart, and so in the day of judgment, God knows every person and will judge him accordingly, and no one can tell except God, we hope the best for all,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/6516740-post19.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...hell-free.html

I did not read about Deism, but I understand from the literal meaning is that it believes in one God but does not a agree with any other religion ,

Well in Islam we believe in God the one the only one, so in this we agree,

The point is that the belief in one God is in human nature and it gives relief and peace to heart,

So there must be one religion which is the revelation of God, and it every person own best to seek, and if he finds what his heart has peace with, then he'll embrace it.

We believe that holy Qur'an is the revelation of God, after a series of prophets including Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary, then Mohamed (peace be upon them),

And it does not contradict with any scientific fact, on the contrary,

Evolution is just a theory, may be it's correct in some aspect, but is does not give full answers, And it does not exclude the existence of God.

Whether God chose evolution to create us or manually created, this does not negate the fact that this universe and us are very intelligibly made.

Just look at how you speak, and this intelligent process and organs that allow you to do so., it's just an example from millions examples,

Dear Bro Dark Moon, your posts are wonderful, I agree, but I think it will not have the desired effect cause it's too long, I advice you to take one point at a time, and interact with members here, whom mostly I respect.

Thanks Bro,

Peace
Thank you for phrasing your beliefs in a respectful manner.

I would like to address a few points, however.

The first religious beliefs systems we know to have been Shamanic and Animistic in nature, and lacked specific Deity. We know this from archeological evidences, inlcuding cave paintings dated at up to 45,000 years of age in Levaux, France. The earliest example of a monotheastical religion belongs to the Egyptians, a state mandated religion, by the way. Again, we know this from plain archeologic evidence.

Considering that each and every other religion on the planet has been either pluristic or pantheonic in nature, and also considering that everyone is born of TWO parents, I would say that your statement of "The point is that the belief in one God is in human nature" was hughly innacurrate. Also, considering that each and every human being sees things differently, sometimes in a gross, wide manner and sometimes in the quite subtle, your comment of "So there must be one religion" is also highly inanaccurate.

Also, Evolution is a proven theory, just as graviation theory is a "theory". There are several kinds of "theories", and the phrase does not mean that something is still in the theoretical stage. The plethora of hard physical evidence, from fossils to carbon dating to DNA/RNA mapping, shows that evolution has, indeed, occurred and is an accurate theorum.

Finally, offering up examples of something that has already been proven by scientific means, ei evolution vs. creation in your, "Just look at how you speak, and this intelligent process and organs that allow you to do so., it's just an example from millions examples," comment is, I'm afraid, a fallacy. It's called "Circular logic", a Circulus in demonstrando argument. We have managed to catalogue the progression of species, including ourselves, to the earliest know examples of life on the planet. W

e know when certain organs developed and for what. We also know of organs no longer used as evolution took us past the point of them being a neccessity, such as our appendix. and other organs that have no real use in these modern times, organs that an "intelligent designer" would not have included.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,270,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Do you EVER post anything original? Seriously?
To whom are you addressing your post too? It would help if you would identify the post, or poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam